Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The West Wing
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 24, 2011
I expected this wordless book to blow me away more than any of Gorey's better known works and it did just that. The thoughtful penstroke of any illustrator worth his/her weight is all you need to see to "get the picture". A lot of the intensity in this work comes from what Gorey chose not to show us... and it is meant to be part of the fun as well. Gorgeous addition to any library.
on December 30, 2015
 "The West Wing" is one of Gorey's best wordless books. Each of the 30 minimalistic image beckons to be looked at for a long time. Imagine these pieces displayed in a museum, spend time with it and absorb what is and what is not there. Each scene has a story, but not explicitly told to us by the author. Your imagination is stirred in each room that lies abandoned, a slight damage on the walls or a lonesome object. A mystery that's eventually solved in your mind.

If you like this style of book then you might also enjoy a story about a little girl and a haunted house: The Stumps of Flattop Hill
on January 2, 2013
I love Edward Gorey and have a lot of his books. This book is a beautifully illustrated book and is interesting. I have loved Gorey's work ever since I was a child seeing his illustrations used on the PBS program "Mystery". I love having this book in my collection and is a must for any Gorey lover.
on October 22, 2014
Thirty strange b/w drawings of room interiors, each requiring you to look and use your imagination to see what (might) be going on: a shadow on a wall of an apparently levitating woman; a ghostly face peering through a window and a letter on the floor; two (handkerchiefs?) flying; a candle apparently flying through the air... The more I looked at this, the more I liked it.
on August 2, 2015
Gorey draws you into an eerie psychological landscape. I have several of his works, including The Blue Aspic, The Doubtful Guest and The Gashlycrumb Tinies. As dark as his stories can be, they're delightful in their own way. And at least his narrated works leave you with a finality, The West Wing will haunt you with imagined possibilities! Enjoy.
on October 1, 2013
Truly creepy. An excellent gift for those with a taste for the morbid and the macabre. The things that are not seen, just outside the picture frame, are the scariest part. Gorey at his best.
on April 7, 2013
A fascinating author/artist/philosopher~ give him a try you'll be glad you did, a rare combo in this bland society. Why wait?
on May 15, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my mom who /loves/ Edward Gorey. It was obviously his work which we both like but I was a bit disappointed to find that the majority of the pages were of completely empty rooms. Still worth the buy, but I'd recommend one of his other books if you're looking for interesting drawings.
on December 12, 2012
If any reader purchased this book on the assumption it was about the White House's West Wing,(as I've just read some have) they need to do a little more research before buying since this is obviously one of a hundred brilliant little books by the famed Edward Gorey. I think the low rating is unjust, which should not be a factor when user/purchaser error is the case.
on February 28, 2015
Just as good as the Masterpiece intro.