5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing finish to an explosive, action-packed adventure!
**Originally posted on Libby Blog**
Published on August 1, 2012 by MarmaladeLibby

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing sequel
The first book was very good, but I was letdown by the sequel. The characters are hard to connect with, and they are unrealistic and annoying. They are practically invincible. The book didn't have me hooked at all. I'm just stating the simple facts. If you wanted to find out to find out what happens in the sequel, read this book, but it is disappointing. Not as good as I...
Published on July 26, 2012 by Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing finish to an explosive, action-packed adventure!, August 1, 2012
This review is from: The Whisper (Hardcover)
**Originally posted on Libby Blog**
The Whisper picks up with Mika and Ellie right when, and where, we left them in Book 1, The Roar. An army of thousands of stolen children, ages 12 and 13, have been trained, made healthy, implanted and lie waiting to be awakened and sent to war. A war fueled and led by Mal Gorman and those in The North who are in power to take back from The South all that has been taken. What will be left when the war is done? What happens to the precious animals...who are in the precious forests they've never seen or even believed existed until now? How are they going to stop all of this and make the adults listen? When the army of children wake up, the world will begin its new beginning...led by children...and mutants alike...who will show the world the way and the truth of what lies in everything and everyone around them because The Whisper is starting. Do you hear it?

My thoughts: WOW! This grabs a hold of you from the very first page, tightens its grip and rushes you along as fast as a Pod Fighter flown by Mika and Ellie until the very last page! If my life hadn't been so full of life when I started it I know I could have started it in the afternoon and finished it by bedtime; the pages fly that fluidly from beginning to end. And what an ending! I never knew where Clayton was going in the plot until she got there! I wondered and I hoped, by I certainly didn't dare to assume because her mind is plain brilliance when it comes to adventure and world creation! These books would make for amazing movies and I honestly can't wait to read them over and over again. These books are the very first ones I recommend to every adult and student who walk through my life or my libraries who asks for a book like The Hunger Games. They are just SO dang good! Wow Emma Clayton. I can't wait to see what you write next, because I am most certainly in my dear. Brilliant! Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to get!, May 15, 2013
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
Already read the roar so I'm excited about getting this one. Hope she keeps these books coming their the best ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, May 12, 2013
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
I loved the series and the book. My main suggestion is that this book should be a movie because it will bring millions of dollars if made well

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever, April 9, 2013
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
I just loved this series and it made a great movie like ending

Emma Make more boooooookkkkkkkksss. It was just plain old awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling thoughts, February 16, 2013
This review is from: The Whisper (Hardcover)
Both books by Emma Clayton: THE ROAR and THE WHISPER are almost prophetic in their outlook for humanity. What is described in the books is the (imagined) result of the selfishness of humanity and what it is doing to our world. Of course, the story line is science fiction, but the background of the books is a chilling commentary on the current selfishness of humanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of the best sequels of a series i have ever read. It goes along with a fast pace and really keeps the readers attention. Definetely five stars. Anyone who likes action, with good meaning and messages, this is the book for you. Small amounts of romance, but nothing REALLY mushy.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZING READ, August 8, 2014
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
This book follows the first and continues an adventure worth taking! I looked back and thought of The Roar and smiled with every chapter! PURE EXCELLENCE! The story of the Child Army, the wall, I've not been so in love with reading in my life as I am when I read these books! If you haven't read them yet, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy of the roar and take a journey, you will love every step of the way. From the gloom of the shadows to the glinting luxury of the golden turrets, the tale of the twins is one I plan to read many times over!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, October 7, 2012
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
I was hunting through my social studies teacher's book shelf one day and cam across The Roar. I couldn't put it down. When I finished I had to read The Whisper. I couldn't put that book down either. These are tue best books ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!read this book, July 6, 2014
This review is from: The Whisper (Kindle Edition)
this book was great it had tons of action it was exciting and you never knew what would happen this was one of the best books I ever read I would highly recommend this book to people looking for an awesome read

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK FOR YOUNG PEOPLE, June 19, 2014
This review is from: The Whisper (Paperback)
Purchased for my youngest son & the followup to her other book "The Roar". Enjoyable reading for sci-fi nuts & kids of all ages

The Whisper