Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$5.99

on August 1, 2012
**Originally posted on Libby Blog**
The Whisper picks up with Mika and Ellie right when, and where, we left them in Book 1, The Roar. An army of thousands of stolen children, ages 12 and 13, have been trained, made healthy, implanted and lie waiting to be awakened and sent to war. A war fueled and led by Mal Gorman and those in The North who are in power to take back from The South all that has been taken. What will be left when the war is done? What happens to the precious animals...who are in the precious forests they've never seen or even believed existed until now? How are they going to stop all of this and make the adults listen? When the army of children wake up, the world will begin its new beginning...led by children...and mutants alike...who will show the world the way and the truth of what lies in everything and everyone around them because The Whisper is starting. Do you hear it?

My thoughts: WOW! This grabs a hold of you from the very first page, tightens its grip and rushes you along as fast as a Pod Fighter flown by Mika and Ellie until the very last page! If my life hadn't been so full of life when I started it I know I could have started it in the afternoon and finished it by bedtime; the pages fly that fluidly from beginning to end. And what an ending! I never knew where Clayton was going in the plot until she got there! I wondered and I hoped, by I certainly didn't dare to assume because her mind is plain brilliance when it comes to adventure and world creation! These books would make for amazing movies and I honestly can't wait to read them over and over again. These books are the very first ones I recommend to every adult and student who walk through my life or my libraries who asks for a book like The Hunger Games. They are just SO dang good! Wow Emma Clayton. I can't wait to see what you write next, because I am most certainly in my dear. Brilliant! Cheers!
on February 11, 2015
This is a follow up to "The Roar." I was having trouble getting my 9 year old son interested in reading something more challenging than Wimpy Kid or Captain Underpants books when we came across "The Roar." Once he started on it he couldn't put it down, and finished it in 2 weeks. He received "The Whisper" as a Christmas gift and enjoyed it just as much. This book series was all he could talk about for weeks.
on February 16, 2013
Both books by Emma Clayton: THE ROAR and THE WHISPER are almost prophetic in their outlook for humanity. What is described in the books is the (imagined) result of the selfishness of humanity and what it is doing to our world. Of course, the story line is science fiction, but the background of the books is a chilling commentary on the current selfishness of humanity.
on August 8, 2014
This book follows the first and continues an adventure worth taking! I looked back and thought of The Roar and smiled with every chapter! PURE EXCELLENCE! The story of the Child Army, the wall, I've not been so in love with reading in my life as I am when I read these books! If you haven't read them yet, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy of the roar and take a journey, you will love every step of the way. From the gloom of the shadows to the glinting luxury of the golden turrets, the tale of the twins is one I plan to read many times over!!
on October 1, 2015
AH! I really enjoy futuristic books, especially ones involving mutations and unknown powers being made from those mutations. (Hello, I love X-Men) This book wrapped everything up in a nice neat bow that I really enjoyed.
There are some giant plot holes surround this book and the first one of course, but if you can look past it, you can just really enjoy the story itself.
on June 11, 2013
This book is one of the best sequels of a series i have ever read. It goes along with a fast pace and really keeps the readers attention. Definetely five stars. Anyone who likes action, with good meaning and messages, this is the book for you. Small amounts of romance, but nothing REALLY mushy.
on October 19, 2014
An amazing sequel to The Roar. A book that I would personally recommend to anyone. I love the characters. They seem so realistic and this book is for all ages so I can read it to my sister or I can recommend my best friend.
on July 6, 2014
this book was great it had tons of action it was exciting and you never knew what would happen this was one of the best books I ever read I would highly recommend this book to people looking for an awesome read
on May 26, 2015
Bought this for my 3rd grade grandson. He loved it and was hooked on the author. His reading level is above 3rd grade level. As a retired teacher you know I have to encourage reading all the time. I think he finally gets it.
on April 20, 2015
I loved the roar and now the whisper.
So many people are in love with Ellie, Mika and the Chosen Ones.
Many are loving the creation from Emma Clayton it's like another world with Clayton.
She expresses the story to many ways that I can't explain
Move over Katniss and Tris, Mika and Ellie are here