From the Author
More About the Author
As she grew older, those creations were confined to the pages of numerous notepads in the form of stories. In fact, she still had a few pads of paper from ten years ago, which she should really recycle, someday...
In 2011, after having taken an Open University course in writing and having decades of scribbling down stories for her own personal enjoyment under her belt, she took advantage of the new self-publishing platforms that had sprung up online and published her first short story, Cigs, Bolan & Strange Men With Guns.
Her books are on the light side of science fiction and fantasy, and tend to have a sprinkling of humour throughout.
Gayle has a worrying obsession with Doctor Who and really wants a TARDIS of her own.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
In their first adventure (of many, I hope) Quality Times and Tim are on a quest to see the universe. With a time machine/space ship that shrinks down to the size of a child's toy, all of time and space are theirs for the exploring. So where do they go? Why to a resort, of course. That's where they meet Bob, a self-styled archaeologist complete with safari outfit and pith helmet. Bob's hunky assistant Qez, a.k.a. Bluey the "sexy police siren" catches Quality's eye.
Joining forces with Bob and Qez, Quality and Tim try their hand at grave robbing, I mean archaeology, and end up taking on more than they'd anticipated.
The Whispering Tombs is a rollicking good romp complete with betrayal, greed, grave robbing, gunplay and extinct critters that keep popping up at the darnedest moments. It's a quick and fun escape that ends all-too-quickly and leaves you turning the page looking for more. You'll gasp with surprise, laugh out loud at some parts and groan at others. All-in-all, expect to be delighted and entertained.
I loved reading this story and look forward to the next one. Look out, Doctor! Here comes Quality Times!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is okay but it sure leaves you wishing there were more to the story. The characters are lacking in development, but pretty believable. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a well written cute little adventure. I'm not usually one for time-travel stories but this grabbed me. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Anonymous
An attempt at a time travel / Alien archaeology story that just didn't work for me.
The main character keeps a starship in her pocket. Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel