5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for any Whitest Kids fan...
Published on January 26, 2010 by Timothy Mcchesney

3.0 out of 5 stars The show is awesome. The DVD...
Published on March 4, 2010 by Wm. E

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for any Whitest Kids fan..., January 26, 2010
I recently ordered this on Amazon and I am currently awaiting its arrival via UPS this afternoon. I became a Whitest Kids fan immediately after I caught an episode on Netflix. From that moment on, I have been watching any and every episode that I can get my hands on. I am glad to see that IFC is not afraid to let a cutting edge comedy show try to be bold and daring. I have seen every episode available of Instant Watch on Netflix, but I will re-watch Season 2 again when it arrives. I high recommend this to people who like bold and often times cringe inducing humor. If you have ever enjoyed shock jock radio then this is a must see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brash, Hilarious, Frank, Funny, April 14, 2010
It's inaccurate to call the Whitest Kids U Know (WKUK) the next Monty Python. Such a comparison is cheap and facile. But it's accurate to compare them to Monty Python, the Goon Show, the Kids in the Hall, and early SNL for boundary-breaking ensemble humor. Their routines often feel like one-act plays in which they invert character expectations and surprise audiences with coarse, raunchy power.

WKUK's ability to find the truth regular people don't admit to themselves makes them incisive satirists and social critics. They hold up inverted visions of the myths we build around ourselves. Their skewed vision of moments like the writing of "The Star-Spangled Banner," or their parodies of pop songs, are funny because they are so precisely accurate, even if those being skewered don't admit it.

Not surprisingly for a show buried on a premium cable network, their content can often be over-the-top. Head writer Trevor Moore had two shows canceled for his language and content before finding his niche here. And that trend continues: the show's naked fear of women, fondness for penis jokes, and frank salty language will bug blue-noses. This show doesn't let you off easy, and will alienate the tender-hearted.

But when they hit, they hit hard. They practice the principle that telling the truth is the funniest form of satire. And even their cringe-inducing themes cut through our veils and force audiences to take a good look within to ask why we react that way. Hilarious, brazen, honest, and unsubtle, WKUK takes you for a ride that you won't forget easily, and will leave you changed whether you like it or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show ever!, October 21, 2010
If you are not sure if you will like the whitest kids u'know,then just buy it, because i personally guarantee you will LOVE IT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed till I cried!, June 4, 2010
J. Paredes (Newport Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
All I wanted was the skit with the teenagers in love who want to live under the sea. It was one of the first Whitest Kids sketches I ever saw and I was hooked immediately. Now that I have it on DVD I am forcing everyone I know to watch that sketch, and EVERYONE has laughed uncontrollably. Thank you Whitest Kids U'Know!

3.0 out of 5 stars The show is awesome. The DVD..., March 4, 2010
I absolutely love TWKUK, but the problem is this DVD is presented in a matted 4/3 format. That means, the video was shot as 16/9 widescreen, but they reformatted it as 4/3 so those of us with widescreen TVs either have to look at a video with big black borders or zoom in to crop them. The zoomed video isn't unwatchable (like those Star Wars special edition DVDs), but I shouldn't have to take that extra step.

Just something to know before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, December 7, 2012
This show is one of my favorite newer sketch comedy troupes. Seeing it uncut is certainly a different experience, but a welcome one. In the tradition of Kids in the Hall, TWKYK modernize the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sketch comedy. Best seson in my opinion., December 3, 2012
The Whitest Kids U'Know are hilarious. Season 2 is my favorite season of their show. When thI saw them live on stage, most of what they performed was from season 2. Buy this DVD set and have no worries that you will be very satisfied with your purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars WKUK 2, July 14, 2010
This is my personal favorite for the Whitest Kids. You get more content per episode than in the third and (so far) fourth season, but with a greater sense of production that you don't really get to see in the first season. The special features are sparse, but, like with season 1, the commentary is pretty entertaining, especially if you're familiar with the sketches. Maybe a little pricey for the lack of special features (I bought it for $19.99 I think), but if you're aching for WKUK, then this is a good way to feed the need.

5.0 out of 5 stars WKUK; LOVE 'EM!, March 7, 2010
S. LUCERO (TEMPE, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
This DVD is a mood lifter. I have not laughed so much since the release of the first season. I almost peed my pants; PEED! Don't wait another minute to purchase your copy!

1.0 out of 5 stars amateur hour, October 17, 2011
I had heard somewhere about this comedy troupe, and that they were good, so I thought I'd check them out. If you want to watch a bunch of immature, unfunny amateurs bouncing around ugh-here's the thing with "the whitest kids you know" they are inspired by sketch comedy done right by professionals, and decided to try thier hand at it. I would reccommend oh, something like mr show or the job with dennis leary, or flight of the conchords. I hated these guys so much i threw the dvd's in the trash. You're welcome.

Rate and Discover Movies