Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen: Glorious Meals Pure and Simple
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 22, 2012
Levana's cookbook is my new favorite. She really makes it easy and educational to cook fast and healthy! Part of her speed is using the food processor for just about everything. My only gripe is that I'm a carb counter NOT a calorie counter and some of her "healthy" recipes are VERY high in carbs even though she is using all natural ingredients. I would highly recommend this cook book. It's an investment as far as I'm concerned and a great teaching tool :)
on July 18, 2011
Okay, here is the third Levana Kirschenbaum cookbook (buy the other two before they go out of print also). If you are allergic to or can not eat dairy products, you can be fortunate to have Levana in your life. Her recipes are mouth watering and her desserts are just "beyond." Levana uses ingredients that promote health and are so good. My wife has made her non-dairy cheesecake. Even dairy eaters love it. She has also made about 8 other desserts and smoothies by Levana. They are both very good, good for you, and do not leave you feeling like a blimp afterwards.
on June 15, 2013
The introduction to this cookbook is phenomenal. It is great information presented in a fun to read and humorous way. The common sense and down to earth approach to healthy eating found in this book is great. Anybody would bebefit from reading it. The cookbook's recipes are practical to create and delicious. A true masterpiece. It is the best we found in a all around healthy cookbook and we love it. A staple in our home.
on September 29, 2012
I have been enjoying Lévana's delectable cuisine for over 20 years, and I can't tell you how many times I have said to myself, "There's no way that she can top this culinary masterpiece."

But when I treated myself to "The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen," her third tour de force (I own the hardcover book AND the extraordinarily convenient e-book version), I shook my head in wonderment and conceded that Lévana has outdone herself yet again.

Recipe after recipe has me smitten, each one so easy, so elegant, so scrumptious and so healthful - NOT loaded with sugar! It's hard for me to choose a favorite, so I'll list just three:

* Fruity Shallot Dressing
* Gluten-Free Bread and Challah Rolls
* Roast Beef with Wild Mushroom Sauce

Oh, and did I mention how much I appreciate Lévana's plentiful gluten-free and dairy-free recipes?

Treat yourself to "The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen." You deserve it!
on December 7, 2013
Awesome cookbook! Author knows her stuff and recipes easy to follow, healthy for your body and delicious to eat. I'm not sure what else you would want in a cookbook. Heavy mid eastern tones and flavors but if that's what you're into or want to try something new, this is the cookbook to try. You won't be disappointed and you can contact me for some of my all time favorites, even though they're healthy!
Like her chocolate p-nut butter (no bake) pie, to die for. But we've renamed it "Mud Pie". It's the best chocolate pie you'll ever make, let alone eat and to think that it's healthier than others is an additional benefit, you'd never know unless you were told. I have "customers" who will attest to it, under oath!
on April 26, 2013
My wife loves this book as she collects cookbooks this is a welcome addition.The recipes look delicious and are organized very well I would recomend this book to anyone who wants to pursue a more healthy lifestyle
on January 16, 2013
Tasty recipes easy to follow, but hard to look up certain things on Kindle version. Would recommend paper back version.
on October 2, 2014
It's unusual and of limited usefulness to us but it's also a great read
on August 15, 2011
Diet can have a tremendous effect on our health. Some foods cause inflamation, other foods fight inflammation. And foods that are healthy for us can be made into superb culinary delights if we have a master mentor and guide like Lévana Kirschenbaum who is the driving force and genius behind the gourmet kosher restaurant Levana in New York City.

More than 250 recipes, illustrated generously in full color, make The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen an invaluable companion in the quest for delicious, health-creating dishes. There is also advice about processing and packaging of foods and how that affects their health quotient. If Iced Minted Honeydew or Molten Chocolate Cake have any appeal for you, this book should take its place on your kitchen bookshelf. Highly recommended.
on December 23, 2012
these are just the type of recipes I was looking for: healthy, not hard, using mostly ingredients I have on hand.
Best of all, very tasty!