Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 15, 2006
I am familiar with my anatomy and have a pretty good imagination; what I found useful in this book had little to do with technical sex. Newman provides some chapters early in the book with thought-provoking questions about relationships and flavors of sexuality. One chapter talks about sitting down and thinking beforehand about what you would like in a relationship other than really hot sex. You know, the things parents should be teaching their kids rather than just saying, "Oh, you'll know Mr./Mrs. Right when you meet him/her." One list contains a number of, shall we say, "non-vanilla" sexual activities and asks you to think about what you would and would not want to do at this point. That was a bit of an eye-opener, but was intriguing as well.

Coming out in my early 40's, I found these issues to be of paramount importance to me. Newman's book presents these issues clearly and asks questions that helped me get a better grip on my wants and needs.
on March 22, 2013
Let me preface this review by saying that I'm a heterosexual man, who, up until about 18 months ago, had only enjoyed relationships with heterosexual women. And then in October of 2011, I became involved with a bisexual woman, who had enjoyed lesbian relationships with several partners for much of her adult life. And while I consider(ed) myself fairly clueless about heterosexual women, my "cluelessness" soared to dazzling new heights with this bisexual / lesbian woman.

As such, I invested alot of concern about my ability to please this woman in the bedroom in view of the fact that she had had females partners, who I'm sure were infinitely more knowledgeable about pleasing a woman sexually than I am. In common with other men, who are involved with bisexual women, I sometimes grapple with the question " can a man possibly understand and please a woman as well as another woman"..?

But I persevered and have spent alot of time trying to understand what makes a bisexual woman / lesbian tick.

With the above back story out of the way, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it's certainly given me a better understanding of my girlfriend and lesbians / bisexual women in general.

The book is written in a very straightforward and direct manner and covers everything from oral sex to BDSM to anal sex and everything else in between. And as some of the reviewers have commented, although its written from a "woman to woman" perspective, there's alot of information that is invaluable to a man re a woman's sexuality. In particular, I found alot of the comments throughout the book from real bisexual women / lesbians particularily insightful

I also found many of the various links to lesbian / bisexual sites of interest and look forward to checking them out.

On balance, this is a great read - for lesbian / bisexual women as well as men who are involved with heterosexual / bisexual women - and has provided me with insights about women's sexuality that I previously had little / no knowledge about.

Highly recommended..!!
on August 7, 2005
As a fellow professional woman and a Lesbian for as long as I can remember. Felice has compilied the most up-to-date guide to lesbian sexuality and sensuality, that I have come across. All of the topics she explores are culturally relevent and more importantly includes information on possible health risks to us that are often ignored within the community. All aspects of lesbian expression are described in great detail, any lesbians that are not in larger cities with active, easily accessible communities, would benefit from the reading her book.
on March 10, 2007
This was an excellent book. It was well researched, factual, more so than my anatomy class for nursing school. The book discusses all aspects of sexual pleasure with an open accepting point of view. This would be an excellent read for anyone wanting to achieve more pleasure and openness discussing sex with their partner.
on February 20, 2007
I enjoyed this book, it was both interesting and enlightening. I shared this with my partner and it helped us both with giving us more of an understanding into certain aspects in our life. Good book, not only for women but for men as well to get a bit more of an understanding of women and where there coming from..
on September 11, 2008
Great book. Very informative, altho I'd say it is geared more towards women who are inexperienced, new to Lesbianism or are not too familiar with the female body. Wouldn't be on my top 5 to recommend if you're past all the basics and looking for something new or deeper.
on August 23, 2008
I read the 2005 German edition of the 1999 US book. It is on the basics of lesbian sexuality and beyond. There are other books recommended for saving the bored done-it-all inner city sexpert from lesbian bed death. But let's face it: Most of us aren't that lucky. It depends on what book you are seeking. It is not the book's fault that a few already know most of its content. This book is also for those who lack imagination, knowledge and/or experience in lesbian sexuality. Meaning, you don't have to be a lesbian to find this book informative. Which can't really be said about many heterosexual sex books vice versa. In fact, one or the other information, many gay men should be aware of, as the author isn't squeamish about anal sexuality.

You will find not only virtually everything from masturbation to sex parties, but also on safer sex. Especially this section is important for heterosexuals as well, as most of the latter hardly engage in it, when it comes to oral sex on females. Lately, I went into a classic straight sex shop to buy some dental dams and the sales person didn't even know what I was talking about, even though they offered them in some corner. This expensive, that I am glad that this book gives instructions to the public on how to make them yourself from cheaper and more readily available items. Again, recommendable information for everybody else in the anilingus version.

I find it noteworthy that this book takes the pressure off political correctness, when it comes to sexual fantasies. And yes, there's a difference, when this lesbian sexpert does it or some creepy sexual release magazine.

Be aware that the traditional hanky code has many variations. The meanings to the colors provided here are mostly shared. However, some may lead to misunderstandings. For example, white is decoded here as seeking/being a newbie. I know it rather as: "Leave me alone, today I am here just for the beer." It should also be noted that some colors look very similar in the usually softly lit places, where you find them.

You may be interested in specialized topics, like Female Ejaculation and the G-Spot: Not Your Mother's Orgasm Book! (Positively Sexual).
on April 4, 2014
it is not only for lesbians, it would be a good book for straight guys too to improve the sex life with their girlfriends/wives....it is written good...this is not a book with sex pictures if someone think it was the purpose...The drawings are there, and I enjoyed reading this book to educate myself. happy reading!
on June 23, 2016
Even though I have identified as a bisexual woman for several years, until a few months ago I'd never had sexual relations with a woman. So when a young woman approached me at the club with interest, I knew I needed help. Like level 0 help! I bought this book that weekend and studied it throughout the week until I saw her again. Then it was time to put all that theory to practice. Not only was the night a success, but we still have a happy orgasm-filled sex life today! I smile sometimes when we are having fun in my bed cuz I keep the book under my bed, and I know that book made all of this possible!

Okay so into the details:
1) This book covers the sex, the foreplay, the mentality, the support, and the resources needed to have a successful sex life with women.
2) It has clear descriptions, helpful illustrations, and insightful testimonies to clear up any confusion and offer valuable perspectives.
3) Like I said before, it talks about so much more than just the sex. It talks about consent, BDSM, safe sex practices, how to have sex parties . . . and so many other side items. You don't think about these topics at first, but I personally was so glad they were included in case I decide to incorporate those into my sex life in the future!

If you are seriously considering buying this book, go ahead and do it! I wouldn't write all this out for some maybe thing. But this book literally took me from virgin to having my sex fiend lover stop by every weekend cuz she can't get enough of me and the skills this book has taught me.
on March 27, 2012
This book has everything you need to know about lesbian sex. From safe sex to sex toys IT HAS EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter how experienced or freaky you are, anyone could get something from this book. I'm keeping this on my bedside table for the rest of my life.