Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change

on April 11, 2012
The music reminds me of a combination of James Blake and Beach house. It's etherial and delicate with lots of reverb but there is a brooding, pulsing underpinning of beats and noises that gives it an otherworldly darkness. The vocals are lovely and delicate. Sort of a cross between Beach House, the XX and Bat for Lashes. She sounds quite heartbroken and I believe her. Very impressive.
on December 7, 2012
My daughter introduced me to Daughter, via the song Youth. It brought tears to my eyes with it's lush beauty! Haunting is a great word for the album, it sort of sits in the background of your mind after listening to it.... Setting fire to our insides for fun....
I hope for a full album soon. I hope they make it to the big time! A part of me enjoys knowing about them now before they get big.
I bought all 3 of their albums, they don't disappoint!
on August 27, 2014
I heard this song when I was watching a TV show, some shows are great at letting you know what music was used. I loved this song, not my normal type of music but it spoke to me. It took some sleuthing to find it and thankfully Amazon had it for sale! I wish Amazon had a method for looking up music by TV show episode. You'd think the artists would want their song to be easier to find.
on April 18, 2014
Just ran into this group and I'm hooked. Every song on this EP is great. They manage a balance between slow,quiet introspective and more upbeat indi. Vocals are haunting- but not depressing. Love the guitars. I'll be watching for the next release(s).
on June 21, 2014
When I heard some of the other songs I just bought the EP and the LP; smooth indie/chill/gazer playlist type music. Whether you are 6 or 76, if you enjoy quality relaxing music 'Daughter' does not disappoint.
on February 22, 2015
I discovered the song youth while watching a movie called a long way down. The lyrics instantly caught me and I jumped on Amazon to pick up this album. The lyrics are poignant and dark. The music is the perfect counterpoint with a thrumming bass and at times almost whimsical guitar notes. I only wish this Album was longer. Why is it the really good artist are the most overlooked?
on March 3, 2016
I absolutely love these EPs. More so than their full length albums. These old Daughter EPs are just full of magic and beauty. I had the pleasure of seeing them perform in Seattle and met them after the concert and chatted with them for a few minutes, such a nice group of people! Amazing mood!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
Better than "His Young Heart", "The Wild Youth" is a great EP. I agree with the previous reviewer in referencing the XX, but I'd throw in a dose of Laura Marling as well. It's music that makes you feel - not something I find too much of, these days.
on December 16, 2012
I love love Daughter. Such beautiful music, surprising that Daughter hasn't become more popular in the world. I can't stop listening.
on January 1, 2013
Granddaughter collects vinyl records and was thrilled with this album to add to her collection. Great Christmas present for her.