5.0 out of 5 stars Better than 5 stars
Published on August 9, 2005 by microjoe

3.0 out of 5 stars A Book for Looking
Published on October 20, 2012 by Carol C. Kirkpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than 5 stars, August 9, 2005
From Williams-Sonoma, "Thanksgiving" has 40 essential recipes that you can count on to be delicious. Thanksgiving is all about the experiance of enjoying home cooking. Learn to make a no fail classic roast turkey, or Hickory-Smoked Roast Turkey with Horseradish-Apple Sauce if you want to get fancy. All the side dishes are here and maybe some new ones too including wild rice and chestnut stuffing, butternut squash Soup, dressings, breads, cranberry sauce and more. A whole chapter is dedicated to the important staple "potatoes" and they varied ways you can prepare the humble spuds. Sweet Candied Yams are here too. Desserts are not forgotten such as Creamy Pumpkin Pie

One of the nice things about this company is that they include large color photos of their completed dishes, and these help with presentation as well. The recipes are accessible and easy to follow for any level cook. You will rely on this book every year, a worthwhile investment. And it looks prettier on the shelf than most cookbooks I have seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me through my first Thanksgiving!, November 18, 2010
This book is a charm! One year some years ago I was doing the Thanksgiving at our house - and 8.5 months pregnant! This book gave me a ton of great ideas along with the traditional stuff that I could make for our family. Everything in the book I made everyone just loved! Definitely worth having in your pantry cookbook stash! The Candied Yams recipe is the best one I've ever seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Easy Recipes, February 26, 2009
A NC Tarheel (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I was surprised at the recipes in this volume. They are simple, yet elegant. The pecan pie recipe is the best we've ever had! And as Southerners, we've sampled quite a few! The photos are great. We liked this volume so much we're collecting the set.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Book for Looking, October 20, 2012
This review is from: The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book. One should write out the recipes and never take the book near a kitchen. It did not meet my needs. I bought it as a hostess gift for the cousin who hosts me, and as many as 12 others who are alone for Thanksgiving dinner. The recipes sound delicious but they are not for a large number of people who expect lots of basic good (like Grandma's feast)food. I would recommend this book to someone who wanted to really wow an intimate group of fellow gourmets. And to those who love to read cookbooks, like myself. On a practical note, for the size and price, it didn't have many recipes. There are ingredients not found in a small mountain town. This book would be a nice addition to a cookbook collection, make a nice hostess gift for a book lover, but is not suited as a go-to cookbook. It's a one-menu book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to buy one for my sister-in-law, February 1, 2010
Lee (Fairfax, VA) - See all my reviews
This is a great cookbook. Every year my sister-in-law would borrow it for her Thanksgiving dinner. Finally, we bought her her own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanksgiving - the Williams Sonoma Collection, February 21, 2014
This review is from: The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving (Hardcover)
I found Williams Sonoma book an extremely helpful resource that is chock full of new and interesting recipes for Thanksgiving!

5.0 out of 5 stars I just loved, November 29, 2013
Great book, nice pictures. It explains very well how to prepare each recipe. The best, it came before thanks giving day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cook book for a gift., June 15, 2013
I purchased the book as a present - my daughter. The book is beautiful and arrived in gift perfect condition. It was the cook book
she "always wanted." I am looking forward to tasting the dishes she will prepare from this book this coming Thanksgiving. (2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving (Hardcover)
I really do love this book--my dog chewed the one I had, so had to purchase a replacement. Lots of great recipes and ideas Really use it all year--

5.0 out of 5 stars thanksgiving, December 20, 2012
This review is from: The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving (Hardcover)
great book for the holidays. Too bsad I received it after thanksgiving, however the receipes are applicable to all holidays and I like the book

The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving
The Williams-Sonoma Collection: Thanksgiving by Noel Barnhurst (Hardcover - November 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $1.55