5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love it!
Published on May 20, 2011 by S. O'Donnell

3.0 out of 5 stars activity book for those who like the Wimpy Kid books
Published on June 15, 2011 by Wayne S. Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love it!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) (Hardcover)
Like virtually every other kid on the planet, my 9-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter both LOVE the Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney. My son hates art - hates it - so I didn't think he'd like the Do-it-Yourself version. I was so wrong. Not only does he love it, but he'll sit for ages trying to draw a "just right" picture. When he's not around, I'll catch my daughter sneaking the book to her bedroom (I am NOT making this up). When she sees me, she says, "I'll just do one. He won't like this one, Mom, I promise." It's adorable. I plan to buy her one of her own.

If your kids are on the Wimpy Kid bandwagon, don't pass this one up. It still has lots of reading, but it has plenty of writing/drawing opportunities that will hook even art haters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of FUN!!, December 10, 2012
My 7 year old son was obsessed with filling out this entire book. We had to MAKE him put it down to do anything else! He loves the book series and this one was even more fun for him. I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, February 16, 2013
I loved the activities and the book keeps you really busy. I recommend it to 8 to 20 year olds!

3.0 out of 5 stars activity book for those who like the Wimpy Kid books, June 15, 2011
This is not a book just to sit down and read through but an activity book or a journal. However, the very first page says, "Whatever you do, just make sure you don't write down your `feelings' in here. Because one thing's for sure: This is NOT a diary." There are all kinds of activities in which the readers can make lists, answer questions about various topics, make their own comics, draw pictures, and such like. Plus, the end contains 46 blank, lined pages with the instructions, "Use the rest of this book to keep a daily journal, write a novel, draw comic strips, or tell your life story."

When The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which tells the story of Greg Heffley, his family, and his friends, first came out, I heard about it but did not read it because it didn't sound as if it would appeal to me. Later, I was sent a copy of one of the sequels (#5, The Ugly Truth) to review, and my reading of it confirmed my earlier opinion that this kind of book is just not my cup of tea. However, the books are immensely popular with many children, so youngsters who do like "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series might well enjoy the activities in this book. The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book was first published in 2008, but the updated edition is expanded with more than sixty new pages, and has 32 pages of full-color comics, including sixteen brand-new. It is designed to inspire creative expression and encourage reluctant readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, February 17, 2013
Great series of books for kids. My son loves the and we trying to complete his set of the series. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loves This Series!, February 12, 2013
Dave B (Upstate NY) - See all my reviews
My 11 year old has read the entire series 5 times! He cant get enough of them. Get them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, February 8, 2013
Great book for keeping my son occupied. He loved filling the information and answering the questions. Some parts were even funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves it, June 8, 2013
It was in great condition as stated, and my child is having great fun filling in the pages and working through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 7yr old boys, May 28, 2013
I bought 2 for my twin boys.. and they love them! They take them in the car and even to the bathroom!

3.0 out of 5 stars My son had to have this, February 10, 2014
He saved his money for this book and had fun doing most of the pages. I wish Kinney didn't use "nother" and "me and Rowley" so often. My son has started to think that it sounds right.

The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) by Jeff Kinney (Hardcover - May 1, 2011)
$12.95 $7.37