5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Accurate, March 25, 2013
This review is from: The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards - Colette Baron-Reid (App)
I have been using this deck for years, so I was happy to see it put out as an app. Of all the decks I've used, this is one of my top two favorites. I bought them after having seen pictures of the artwork. The illustrations by Amy Rose Grigoriou are lovely, and have an appropriately Celtic feel to them. After working with the cards, I was pleased to find that the accuracy of the readings I did with them was much higher than with most decks. Something about them really resonates with me. Happily, the same is true of them in an app format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., May 5, 2013
This is such a wonderful app. Very accurate and in depth for life path directions.I have used these cards for years, it is nice to have a portable app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great cards, January 4, 2014
I am taking time to get to know these cards, and find them very accurate and on the mark. I have the Enchanted Map cards and enjoy these too, and am considering getting the book also. Colette's cards are excellent resources to guide you through life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and Meaningful, August 22, 2013
The Wisdom of Avalon is one of those decks that has provided accurate answers to my queries from the first moment I have asked. Despite Avalon being a female matriarchal kingdom, the deck has a neutral and Nature feeling, which makes it perfect for both women and men. The oracle contains images of animal messengers, fairies messengers, some general messages related to emotions, and some tarot's major arcana inspired cards.

The introduction by Collette Baron Reid is awesome. Her interpretation of each card is to the point, simple to understand, meaningful, and full of the advice anybody seeks when using an oracle consultation.

I like the design of the cards, but there is a lack of visual integrity between the different groups of images. Some of them are proper illustrations (my favourite), while others are retouched digital photos. This makes the browsing a bit odd as the feeling I get from the whole deck is not one, but divided. It is very difficult to explain to anybody who doesn't rely on the imagery for his/her readings, but they are a key piece to me, as I connect more or less with a deck depending on the artwork, not just the message.

The app has all the quality and features of Oceanhouse Media's apps: Introduction by the author, great vibrant colours, different spreads, shuffle sound, and saving and sharing options, which makes your consultation of the deck easy, fast and enjoyable every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Illustrations and wonderful app for the avid reader or those merely curious, May 22, 2013
As my headline states, first, the ILLUSTRATIONS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Now, second, I am no longer a fully practicing Wiccan, however, I do like to read the cards for friends, not so much as a party trick, but something that is fun, in a fun/interesting kind of way... (I realize that's a bit confusing to some, but please realize that Tarot cards are a part of a valid religion. Being raised Roman Catholic, and that's a loooonnnng story that I'm not going into here, I'd no more say that I take a rosary out as a gag trick at a party than I would Tarot.) And now to the point of that seemingly random tangent, whether it's the casual reader or the more sophisticated true artisan who wants cards with them at all times, but is suppressed for whatever reason, this is a great alternative!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and simple to use!, April 28, 2013
I love her cards and this is one of my favorite decks. I was so happy to see that there is an app for my Kindle Fire. It works like a dream, really easy and the colors are vibrant.

Rate and Discover Movies