The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
|Price:||$39.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- New system of Mutagens gives you the ability to modify the effects of particular skills
- An engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for realistic, non-linear game narration
- Enhanced RPG Experience for deeper story and role-playing Extensive non-linearity, unique inter-connected quest-lines and greatly enhanced characters
- You could enhance and modify the way your spells work, by multiplying the damage - be it greater amount, or dealing with more enemies at the same time
- Advanced new customization mechanics vastly increased the possibilities for you to modify your weapons, armor and spells
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The second instalment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game. A captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics, and everything else that made the original Witcher such a great game are now executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way.
After helping to stop the rebellion undertaken by the Order of the Flaming Rose and saving King Foltest’s life, Geralt became one of the central figures of political turmoil in the Kingdom of Temeria. Geralt continues to protect the King in the monarch’s mission to bring peace to his state. The last bastions of the Order yielded to the royal army. The only remaining task is to pacify the rebellious castle of Baroness La Valette, who announced separation from the Kingdom. It’s been a month since the attempted assassination of the king, when his army arrives at the gates of Baroness La Valette’s fortress in preparation for the final battle. In the meantime, Geralt, stuck with Foltest, cannot begin his personal quest - to discover the origin and identity of the mysterious witcher-like assassin responsible for the attempt on the king’s life - a quest that would answer many questions...
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game DVD.
All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.
Audio-CD with in-game music.
Box with all the contents of The Witcher 2 Premium Edition.
A map of the game's world.
The Witcher 2 strategy guide for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.
PAMPHLET AND COIN
A physical representation of one of the in-game items.
Two papercraft dolls - Geralt and one random character for collectors.
Extra in-game feature for download: The Ultimate Swordsman Suit
CPU: Dual-Core, 2,2 GHz.
RAM: 1 GB (Windows XP), 2 GB (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
GPU: nVidia GeForce 8800 / 512 MB
OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Platform: PC | Edition: Premium
Top Customer Reviews
I gave this game 5 stars, and I feel it easily deserves each one. Plain and simple, I like this game. It may not be 100% perfect but it's engrossing and vastly pleasurable. There are several PC game sequels of late, which have been more concerned about their playability and reception on home console systems than being true to the original quality that won them acclaim (I'm glancing at you Dragon Age and Crysis). Thankfully, the Witcher 2, feels like a glossy more gracile version of the first incarnation, while still hitting the spot for the PC crowd.
The Witcher 2
The Witcher 2 is an exceptional game. The pacing is better than the first iteration and the story is arguably more engrossing. If you are new to the Witcher games, you may feel a little lost during the first 30 minutes, but you will soon be acclimated and well on your way to becoming a deft monster-slaying machine. If you are reading this review to see if your child will enjoy this game, you can stop right here. This game is made for adults. The language, violence and intense sexual themes lend themselves to a mature audience.Read more ›
1) You do not have to download the entire game before receiving your activation key. You will receive an email with instructions on how to access it from the amazon site in your account somewhere.
2) Your activation key will not work with steam (darn) This is probably a no brainer for most of you, but I really was hoping just to buy a key from amazon and let steam do the rest. Unfortunately that is not possible.
3) The download was, for me at least, painfully slow. Granted the file was large, at least 5 or 6 GB for the installer, but it was still slower than steam by a longshot. You are looking at about 12 to 13 hours from the time you click 'buy' till the time you are patched and in game.
4) Steam advertises that their version of the game is version 2.0. This amazon version is the same as the steam version, it just has to patch several times to get there, but it handles it all automatically, all you have to do is click ok as each patch is applied. After the huge patch 2.0 is downloaded, another brief installer will bring you up to date. Everything happens automatically and is quite painless, given you are not impatient to play. At the time of writing, it stopped patching at version 2.1
That's about it.Read more ›
The simple breakdown of "The Witcher" is like so...
Graphics/Character Performance and Animation - 10/10
Fun Factor - 9/10
Story - 10/10
User Interfacing - 8/10
Learning Curve - Fairly steep
Sound - 8.5/10
Value - 10/10
Total - 9.2 / 10
Jump down to my "All in all" if you only want a brief summary. I have also put key-words in CAPS to indicate what the bulk of that specific paragraph is discussing to make the review easy to navigate to points of interest.
You play the game as Geralt of Rivia, a Witcher. What is a WITCHER? I am glad you asked. A Witcher is a special type of human who is no longer human.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This caused me such a headache! Was not compatible with my PC. Finally downloaded it from GOG with my code (took me forever to figure that out.) I would not buy from this seller.Published 4 months ago by Diadharma
Wow, I think I actually forgot how incredibly sexist this game was till replaying it lately. Stick with the first game (which is marginally better on misogyny, but not by much).Published 8 months ago by Rachel Draz
Awesome, but buggy.
This is a GREAT RPG.
I have issues with:
.black screen on cutscenes, but DO have sound.
.menu screen not loading, when pausing. Read more