The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1 Season 1970
Amazon Instant Video
1. Catherine of Aragon Catherine of Aragon seemed to be the perfect queen. She had love for her husband and was loyal to her people and to her faith, but she was unable to bear Henry a surviving son.
2. Anne Boleyn Wanting everything and unwilling to be subservient, Anne Boleyn, the second wife of the omnipotent king moves headlong towards a terrible fate but her wit, charm and courage shine to the end.
3. Jane Seymour The shy and devout Jane Seymour is the antithesis of Anne Boleyn. She comforts and cherishes her king with loyalty and love and even bears him a child. But tragedy awaits.
4. Anne of Cleves Henry's marriage to the raw-boned Anne of Cleves is the story of an uneasy alliance between England and Germany, a political convenience. But while the annulment of that marriage amounts to a corresponding escape from political dilemmas, it also means the…
5. Catherine Howard Henry is enchanted by the young and beautiful Catherine Howard; who is in love with the glamour of being the Queen of England. But her physical distaste for the king, her vanity, immaturity, indiscretion and adultery lead her, with her lover, to a bitter end.
6. Catherine Parr Having been forced to marry the gross and ageing king, the unpretentious Queen proves to be the only wife whose courageous honesty, directness and shining intellect endear rather than anger King Henry. She is also the only wife to survive her marriage and…
|Starring||Keith Michell, Annette Crosbie|
|Supporting actors||Dorothy Tutin, Patrick Troughton, John Woodnutt, Ken Wynne, Sally Travers, Donald Bisset, Margaret Ford, Ronald Adam, Martin Ratcliffe, Will Leighton, Joyce Mandre, Valentine Palmer, John Baskcomb, Verina Greenlaw, Raymond Adamson, Charles Workman, Geoffrey Lewis, Robert Hartley|
|Producers||Mark Shivas, Ronald Travers|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I am very interested in Henry VIII and watch everything I can find about him and his wives. I enjoyed this take on his reign.Published 4 days ago by Sheryl Smith
I saw this series way back in the 80's on PBS. This series was so good I bought it in the VHS version. Since I have DVD now I can't believe it's on Prime. Wonderful!Published 5 days ago by Beverly Weddleton
Not what I expected. Not a documentary and it looks like it was made a long, long time ago.Published 7 days ago by mark macdonald
I love this period of history and enjoyed this series. I must admit I was glad my grandchildren weren't watching it with me because it is probably X rated. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Peanut
Even though I paid for the 1st episode I only watched about 10 min. of it.Published 25 days ago by William T. Bell
This series is a classic. I saw it when it was on Masterpiece Theater and watched it now with my children. The great performances have lost none of their power with time.Published 1 month ago by Lombard P.
Love those nasty, fascinating Tudors. Can't get enough of them. Makes our troubled times look like paradise on earth. Read morePublished 3 months ago by D. kemp
Unfortunately, for this series, I had just finished binge watching The Tudors and had that level of production values in mind when I arrived to watch this series. Read morePublished 3 months ago by William