The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1 Season 1970
Amazon Instant Video
1. Catherine of Aragon Catherine of Aragon seemed to be the perfect queen. She had love for her husband and was loyal to her people and to her faith, but she was unable to bear Henry a surviving son.
2. Anne Boleyn Wanting everything and unwilling to be subservient, Anne Boleyn, the second wife of the omnipotent king moves headlong towards a terrible fate but her wit, charm and courage shine to the end.
3. Jane Seymour The shy and devout Jane Seymour is the antithesis of Anne Boleyn. She comforts and cherishes her king with loyalty and love and even bears him a child. But tragedy awaits.
4. Anne of Cleves Henry's marriage to the raw-boned Anne of Cleves is the story of an uneasy alliance between England and Germany, a political convenience. But while the annulment of that marriage amounts to a corresponding escape from political dilemmas, it also means the…
5. Catherine Howard Henry is enchanted by the young and beautiful Catherine Howard; who is in love with the glamour of being the Queen of England. But her physical distaste for the king, her vanity, immaturity, indiscretion and adultery lead her, with her lover, to a bitter end.
6. Catherine Parr Having been forced to marry the gross and ageing king, the unpretentious Queen proves to be the only wife whose courageous honesty, directness and shining intellect endear rather than anger King Henry. She is also the only wife to survive her marriage and…
|Starring||Keith Michell, Annette Crosbie|
|Supporting actors||Dorothy Tutin, Patrick Troughton, John Woodnutt, Ken Wynne, Sally Travers, Donald Bisset, Margaret Ford, Ronald Adam, Martin Ratcliffe, Will Leighton, Joyce Mandre, Valentine Palmer, John Baskcomb, Verina Greenlaw, Raymond Adamson, Charles Workman, Geoffrey Lewis, Robert Hartley|
|Producers||Mark Shivas, Ronald Travers|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Love those nasty, fascinating Tudors. Can't get enough of them. Makes our troubled times look like paradise on earth. Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. kemp
Unfortunately, for this series, I had just finished binge watching The Tudors and had that level of production values in mind when I arrived to watch this series. Read morePublished 1 month ago by William
Again, great history... this is one of my favorite periods.... The Tudors ....
I prefer Elizabeth I, but Mary I and Henry VIII are good periods too
Another version of Henry VII. Interesting to see the older actors in their younger days. Some I only knew my voice. Enjoyed it.Published 2 months ago by Shirlon Chesbro
I have tried several times to watch. Can't get through first show. I am an avid Tudor fan. I have no words. .....Published 3 months ago by Debra Lavigne
I found it very good but not quite as good as The Tudors but I am not finished yet so, we will see how my final thoughts are, as for keeping true to the real history it lacks some... Read morePublished 5 months ago by martha leedy