4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting? So who do we believe??
Published on April 23, 2012 by Val2

3.0 out of 5 stars This is ok!
I read other reviews about the book was excited to get it. I prefer the Abs diet for women better, but this is a good supplemental book to read.
Published on November 27, 2012 by tiffany a little

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting? So who do we believe??, April 23, 2012
Val2 (East Coast) - See all my reviews
This book was very interesting and has given me a lot to think about. With so much in the news media these days about eating a plant-based diet rather than meat or dairy, I found it intriguing that this plan encourages women to eat low fat dairy and meat products. According to this book, I'm not eating enough protein (particularly before and after a workout). According to others, I'm eating too much. How do we know who to believe? It seems like everyone can site studies to support their claims. Even opposite claims.

Just a note-- as a 50 year old woman who already works out, I found some of these exercises difficult to complete. I'm wondering if I'm more out of shape than I thought or if these exercises are HARD. I plan to keep up with the workout routine for the 6 weeks and see what happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lifestyle plan!, December 20, 2011
E. Tyler (Poughkeepsie, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This WH plan really does work. I would really not call it a diet, it's definitely more of a lifestyle. Nothing in it is extreme, just great suggestions to become the best version of you. I lost 25 pounds so far following the guidelines in this book and I honestly can't say enough good things about it. I was lucky enough to get the plan prior to the release of this new version of the book. I reported back weekly and provided a testimonial at the end. Again - you have nothing to lose except unwanted weight. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, doable information and instruction, October 30, 2013
This review is from: The Women's Health Diet: 27 Days to Sculpted Abs, Hotter Curves & a Sexier, Healthier You! (Hardcover)
If you're looking to lose some weight and look more toned, this is it. But I warn you: The exercise routine is HARD. Quick, efficient, but HARD. You'll get results though.

The food portion is not a restricted "diet". It's a pretty lenient protocol with lots of variety and it's all explained in a really easy to understand way. It's basis is real foods. The workout part is using your body weight: no gym, no equipment, no nothing. Just you and it really works you.

**I noticed another reviewer who questioned whether she was just out of shape or are the exercises really hard?... and I would say BOTH. The exercises themselves aren't hard on their own, but when completed in a set, it's more than you do in your typical workout; that's what makes it so efficient. My husband bought the men's version of this book (which is the same as the women's but with added weight and a couple of the exercises were modified) and before our vacation he did this program for 6 weeks, religiously. He's 43 and fit. I'm talking 1.5 in the gym 6 days a week, serious about proper fitness and form type of man. He thought this workout couldn't be much of anything because of the mere simplicity of them and how little time he would be spending on the workout. He was more than a little surprised when he had a hard time completing the routine the first week. This workout pushes you to the limit. He was able to do the full circuit and at the end of the workout he was drenched in sweat, like he never would be at the gym, and he saw results. He was leaner and stronger. His cardiovascular system was so much stronger that at about the 3rd week, after his workout he would go and run a mile, "just for fun".

What I'm saying might sound daunting, but I recommended this book to my 57 year old mother. Did I think she could complete the circuit of exercises 3 times? Nope. But I think she could do it once and I think it's perfect for a woman that age or a woman of 20. The exercises use your body weight and bring a full range of motion to the movements and your joints. Perfect for any woman (or man) who maybe feels insecure about going to a gym or just doesn't know how to start. This book is comprehensive on the food side too. It's easy and promotes eating meat and dairy, which is something you don't find very often. We ate, and ate, and ate, more than we usually do, and we never gained a pound.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Women's Health magazine!, July 6, 2012
I used to subscribe to Women's Health. I loved the health and fitness information but got tired of pop culture references that seemed to jump out every other sentence. So, when I made a resolution to eat healthier, I decided to try this book. I am so glad I did! It contains everything I enjoyed about the magazine without the fluff. While I didn't try it as a weight loss plan, I was impressed with how much better I felt by following the book's guidelines.

5.0 out of 5 stars life-changing, February 10, 2012
I'm very up to speed on good foods and constantly trying to improve my diet. Obviously I'm not religious but this book gave some GREAT pointers! It's a sustainable diet that you only have to stick to 80% of the time... and not really a diet at all. It also adds some key tips - like making sure you're performing squats and push ups right to get the max "bang for your buck" when you exercise. LOVE this, highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing information!, January 30, 2012
The book is great! Very helpful. In my opinion is also very easy to read and to follow. I didn't buy the book for diet reason. I was looking for health and diet information for me to adopt for my routine. And I received it! If you buy the book you will have a great and useful tool for healthy life style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, October 2, 2013
I found this book to be very informative in the weight loss aspect. Would recommend it if you are looking for ways to improve yourself. The seller was quick to deliver and item was in very good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-written, April 22, 2013
I appreciate the balanced approach to diet and weight loss. The book explores many researched findings. I think nowadays it's easy to make undocumented claims in order to persuade, but I didn't get the impression that this book was selling a fad, rather it presented a balanced approach and generally healthy lifestyle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good info, March 22, 2013
This book has a lot of good nutritional information. It helps direct you in how to decipher nutrition labels. I have not finished the book or been able to completely follow all the recommendations it gives, because there are so many!

3.0 out of 5 stars This is ok!, November 27, 2012