Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on August 22, 2009
Many, if not all, of these tunes are re-recorded, yet there is no disclaimer to that effect. If you are familiar with these tracks give a close listen before purchasing something that you might find disappointing. Buyer beware!
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2011
Before purchasing this album , be aware that these songs were not recorded by the original artist. Instead of reminding me of my teenage years, it reminded me of karaoke night at the local Legion Hall. The only really good thing about this album is the price.
on November 19, 2011
I love to collect the original music for years gone by. For all who submitted your reviews that this ARE NOT the original records... a BIG THANK YOU. With the short sound clips, it was hard to tell at first listening. I almost ordered, should have known when these are from K-Tel.
on February 4, 2014
In some language, "K-Tel" must mean "re-recorded" or "not the original". Surely K-Tel must have some quality recordings for sale somewhere, but this isn't one of them.

Wonderful World is yet another collection of re-recorded hits by groups with the same name as the original artists. I don't understand why anyone would want anything like this when those original hits are still available, often in other great collections such as 50 U.S. Number Ones Of The 60s or Best of Rock 'n' Roll (Greatest Originals from the 50s & 60s).

K-Tel's re-recorded packages are a rash on the MP3 oldies pages, with many more sad examples to choose from. The only reason I bothered to review this one is to get Amazon to stop suggesting it for me.

Take-away lesson: Listen to samples before you buy. If you don't recognize it, you probably don't want it.
on December 21, 2012
I was stoked to find a big collection of old music on Amazon. But as I listened to them I started noticing the tone was all wrong for 1950's recordings. So I played it again and found some of the songs I remember hearing from old records were definitely re-recorded for this collection. To me it's a waist of time to buy re-recordings of old songs unless it's A LIVE PERFORMANCE and CD's or mp3's should be clearly labeled as such! If you are looking to replace long lost records, forget this this album it has little to do with any of the music you remember.
on July 28, 2012
I nearly didn't buy this because of the statements that they weren't the original. I am in my mid 70's and I listened to these as a teenager on a little car speaker, but these are the original recordings I heard. I listen on a much better sound system now. I think if you are wanting the memories that these songs brought back to me, you will find it here. There were some that I had forgotten completely. It took some time to listen to all 100, but I am very happy with the selections. You younger people can get the feel of a teenager in the 1950's when rock and roll was young and unacceptable to adults.
on October 16, 2012
I always look for great deals on "oldies music". I have a large collection, but with the new digital format it is so easy to just download it and burn it to dvd or cd. The Wonderful World of the 50's is one of those items. I thoroughly enjoy the music and feel that it was a good value for my money. I am quite choosy about my music and won't buy "rereleases" by other artists.
on November 18, 2013
As many have stated, some of these songs are re-recordings by the original artist. If you want the "Original Hits" for ALL the tracks, look elsewhere. This collection gives you enough original hits to make it worth the money but it could have been so much better.
on March 24, 2013
The 100 hit songs are mostly of the original singers and sound real good. The clarity of the music
and the memories it triggers is astounding.Oddly we remember all songs but three and that shows
they were well choosen.
on July 15, 2012
I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing this mp3. I enjoy these tunes, but they are NOT the original artists. Some sound close, but some are really bad. If you are looking for the originals do NOT buy this mp3.