Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 7, 2009
What looks like a great opportunity to own 100 of the best songs from the 60's should be scrutinized carefully by the serious fan of this musical era. K-Tel's "Wonderful World of the 60's" DOES contain some of that era's best, but these are NOT the original recordings. They are re-recordings by most of the original artists.

If you can live with that, then you'll probably enjoy this CD.
66 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2011
I've been involved in the music industry in both radio and as a musician for a long time. My bad, I should have listened to the samples before I downloaded it. I don't think any of the songs on this album are the originals, they're re-recordings done by other artists made to sound like the originals. I feel ripped off, but again, I should have checked.
on May 11, 2011
very poor quality -- sound varies from song to song - NOT the original artists -- not even close - sounds like the same people singing all the songs -- very dissapointed - even at the low price.
on July 24, 2012
What a sham. Like some of the other reviewers, I should have read the reviews. I was so taken with the tracks listed that I went ahead and bought it. Only after I listened to a few of the tracks did I read the reviews to find out about this deception. These songs are clearly not the original versions, nor in many cases is it the original artist. I mean, come on, Del Shannon has been dead quite a while. If you just want to hear the tunes, go ahead and buy the disc. But, and this is a big one, if you are looking for the essence of the song, what made you listen to it in the first place, give this disc a great big miss. Mine is going in the trash!!!
on November 6, 2013
This is where they hook you, and reel you in. Listen to the samples of some of the songs. They are the original songs, but in a lot of cases, not the original singer. And in other cases the original song, with the original singer, but the song is redone. The songs sound ok, but not as great as you remember them. Buyer beware! K-Tel is notorious for "various artists".
on February 1, 2011
Read the other review regarding many of the cuts on this 60's collection not being the original versions you grew up listening to on the radio. He's right. Wish I'd read the reviews prior to doing the download. Winchester Cathedral was my first clue. Anyway, it's a fun album with lots of audio memories.
on September 26, 2013
Not the same recordings as the original releases. Many of the songs are not even the original artist. Still, I listen from time to time because I still like the songs and the recordings are not much different then if I was at a sock-hop and listening to a local group doing these songs.
on November 19, 2011
I love to collect the original music for years gone by. For all who submitted your reviews that this ARE NOT the original recording... a BIG THANK YOU. With the short sound clips, it was hard to tell at first listening. I almost ordered, should have known when these are from a company INFAMOUS for NOT using the original recordings... K-TEL
on June 18, 2013
I read the negative reviews, and quite frankly, I think they all are wet! The songs that I have 45's of sound just like the ones on the CD except maybe Bobby Vee's "Rubber Ball" which sounded just slightly different. I'm not sure if that was recorded live and could have been the difference, but it still was good anyway. I downloaded this CD mainly because there were so many songs that I don't have on 45's, and had never heard before, so I have to confess I am not a "purist". I am just someone who loves the sound of the 60's music, and can listen to it time and time again. Thanks Amazon. I think this one is a winner!
on May 27, 2013
I read the reviews before downloading this music. I disagree with what most people are saying about this music. I already have plenty of 60's music, but found enough songs her to make a purchase. I don't know what the other people are talking about. I did a search on several of the songs, and found that these are the original artists, and the recordings are at least as good as other recordings. The time of these recordings are also very close to the other recordings found on other CDs. Make you own decision on whether you like this music enough to buy it.