4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and fun toy but not the best
I pretty much went through every early development toy on the market and came up with a large list of toys for my baby. I wanted to get her a caterpillar like toy and was struggling to decide between this one and the Lamaze musical inchworm found here:...
Published on April 13, 2012 by Papillon12

3.0 out of 5 stars Hangs low
It's a little big for the car seat but has great activities on it and keeps my daughters attention just hangs a little low
Published 7 months ago by Lena Rambaud

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and fun toy but not the best, April 13, 2012
This review is from: The World of Eric Carle: Activity Caterpillar by Kids Preferred (Toy)

Well, I got both. The Lamaze inchworm is almost twice as long, very soft, and has a lot of different textures on the body which my newborn took to immediately. When she got older, it was easy for her to squeeze the head and enjoy the music. She snuggles up with it occasionally and when she was a newborn I enjoyed using to measure her length!

This product on the other hand has a lot interesting parts, like the rattle you can see and the rings around the body which I figured she could use as a teether as well. However, like other reviewers pointed out, the music is hard for baby to access. The other thing I didn't like was the material of the toy. The toy was not very soft (then again I didn't expect this to be a plush toy) and there were some parts that started peeling a little after a few weeks of use. This happens with a lot of toys but I was a bit upset since baby loves putting this in her mouth. The bright colors are certainly engaging.

Everything considered, I liked this toy much better as an early development toy and found it comparable to the Lamaze take along toys. I would say it is best suitable for babies between 1 and 8 months. The Lamaze inchworm is better if you're looking for something soft to cuddle with, or if you are introducing it to a newborn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for my little one, April 17, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for my 3 month old son for Easter. He loves it. He loves to stare at the catipillars face. I hang it from his play mat gym and he kicks it with his feet. It has really got him kicking a lot more. He seems to love the rattle noises it makes. Only have had it a little over a week but it seems durable. Can't really rate educational because we haven't had it long enough and our baby is so young. He also reaches for it when we hang it in front of him. Cute toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, January 3, 2012
I bought this for my five month old niece for Christmas. It's bright and perfect for babies just starting to explore. She loves playing with it on her car seat and can use it in her crib, too. I'm very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, April 6, 2011
My daughter is now 7 months old and she's been interested in this toy since she could play with it. The only thing is our music thing is really hard to push but everything else is really great. This is one of her favorite toys. Its bright and fun with lots of features.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, May 26, 2012
This toy has so much fun! A music playing, different parts make some noise, different structure, ball with some noisy stuff is turning around and a little squeaky red apple with a pocket. Fantastic toy for a baby. I would highly recommend it. Even our dog wanted to play with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and so full of life!, February 5, 2012
Samuel A. Wooldridge "Tony" (Corpus Christi, Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
Our son has had some WONDERFUL playtime with this toy and he's only a month old as of this review. :) He's able to follow it with his eyes very well and reaches out for it a lot. We also have the smaller version that travels with us in his car seat and it keeps him very happy. He was born a preemie so we've been very surprised and very happy with his development and this toy has just been very instrumental in a lot of his newfound reflexes and movements. :) You will not regret having this toy in your home, as it will very quickly become one of your child's favorites easily!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS TOY, August 29, 2011
J. Haddad (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
We purchased this toy right after our baby was born. She wasn't really interested in playing with it yet, but when she was crying, shaking the rattle part of the toy made her fall asleep. One day, the only thing that could soothe her was hearing twinkle twinkle little star played by the caterpillar. Now, at 6 months old, she plays with this toy everyday. There are so many activities it can entertain her for a while. It's one of her favorites and we rarely leave the house without it. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loves it!, February 16, 2012
we got this for my son when he was 3 months old. He loves to look at it on his infant carrier. It's soft which is nice-most of the ones I saw were hard plastic. He can now reach up and grab the squeaky heart!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 14, 2014
it hurts

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, April 10, 2014
My son loves this - at 8 months he plays with it in his crib when he wakes up. (Hello, 15 more minutes of sleep!) The high pitched music it plays (far too short a song) is mesmorizing! We've had this since he was around 2 months and has shown interest in it continually. His favorite thing to do is chew on the antennae and feet.

The World of Eric Carle: Activity Caterpillar by Kids Preferred