5.0 out of 5 stars eric carle umbrella
I bought this for my 3 yr old granddaughter and she loves it. The plastic seems durable and she can open and close it without pinching her fingers. I especially like that she can see where she's going while staying dry.
Published on June 12, 2011 by Cynthia

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but misleading.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars eric carle umbrella, June 12, 2011
This review is from: The World of Eric Carle:The Very Hungry Caterpillar Bubble Umbrella by Kids Preferred (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable!, May 1, 2011
we love this umbrella! i couldn't believe how hard it was to find a clear bubble umbrella for kids--this one is perfect--sturdy, easy to open and close, and no pinchy things or sticky-outy things or pokey things.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, July 4, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My 3yr old son loves this umbrella. it is little enough for him to hol but big enough to keep him dry. it is also so cute. i love it!!!!!
I also love the it is see thruough so my son doesnt run into anything or have to lift it up to see.

4.0 out of 5 stars World of Eric Carle Umbrella, January 6, 2013
The umbrella was very cute actually, but also not the best made. My nephew wanted his own umbrella, so purchased for Xmas. He loved it, but as being all boy, probably won't last long. Good thing was he enjoyed it!

I would probably recommend because the price was right and he loves Eric Carle books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for preschoolers, April 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this product for my average sized 3-year-old daughter. She is gentle with her things so I can't speak to its durability, but so far it has worked very well for walks in the rain. She isn't able to hold an umbrella up high enough to clear her line of sight, so it is great that this umbrella is see-through and she can still see where she is going. The size is great, offering good coverage in rain. It is big enough that I think she can use it for a few more years. The colorful dots on top are bright and cheerful. It is a very fun, cute umbrella, and just right for a preschool-aged child.

5.0 out of 5 stars ladybug umbrella, June 9, 2011
My son loves this umbrella! Especially since he can cover himself with it but still see thru it so he doesn't trip! Makes our rainy days so much more fun :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute but smelly, July 18, 2013
I bought it for my 3 y/o toddler. I was surprised when I unpacked it upon receiving. It smells terrible and is really covered with some kind of powder. You might think it's a poison or something because it smells like very chemical material... I checked labels. There's no notice about this powder or care instruction before starting using it. I've put it away with a thought to return it. Such a disappointment. I was looking for see-through umbrella for my little one. Few moments later I decided to check the reviews and found out that the smell and powder is a common issue and followed one customer's instruction to wash it and let dry in the sun. And it helped. It looks nicely and is very easy to use. Child can watch rain drops falling on it and those colorful spots makes them look funny. Could be bigger...
In conclusion, it is a lovely thing. Not best quality you could expect and it takes effort to make it usable. Is it worth all of this (money, washing etc)? I would say yes...because I love my child, who loves the rain so much and I believed this umbrella just gonna make him enjoy it even more. I wasn't wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good child- friendly umbrella, July 6, 2013
I received this umbrella a few weeks ago and my kids have used it a few times so far. It is easy for both my 3 and 5-year old to open and close on their own. There are no pointy ends or possible places for little fingers to get pinched. It is a unisex design that works well for boys and girls. The pictures are taken right from the book (the caterpillar, butterfly, and the fruits the caterpillar eats). I like that is it clear because my children like to hold umbrellas in front of their faces. They can do this and still see where they are going. It is a good size for a small child, but also worked well enough for me in a pinch. I am only rating this 4 stars because I haven't had it long enough to vouch for its durability. If your child liked the book, this umbrella will be a hit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but misleading., June 15, 2013
I have an adult bubble umbrella and this is nothing like it. It's the same size and shape as any other kid's umbrella, nothing bubbly about it. My 2 year old could live with that though. It's on the small side, but again, not too much of a problem. It came with strong, chemical smell and light white powder all over which was very upsetting to me. Another thing I thought I could overlook with a lot of washing. But the one I received had a hole on top without any use so I ended up returning anyway. It's an ok umbrella but the cost for just another made in China product is kinda high considering the size and smell. But I guess that's typical of character branded children's products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love the hungry caterpillar ?, December 29, 2013
Bought one about 18 mos. ago for grandson # 1, he loved it/ loves it. I Love that I can keep track of him under it. ordering the next one for grandson #2, wish there was another fun design, ie. Mickey. There is a problem in the manufacture, the tips come undone rather quickly, had to reattach several tips, and reinforce the rest...But still a great umbrella.....

Rate and Discover Movies