Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 12, 2011
I bought this for my 3 yr old granddaughter and she loves it. The plastic seems durable and she can open and close it without pinching her fingers. I especially like that she can see where she's going while staying dry.
on May 1, 2011
we love this umbrella! i couldn't believe how hard it was to find a clear bubble umbrella for kids--this one is perfect--sturdy, easy to open and close, and no pinchy things or sticky-outy things or pokey things.
on July 18, 2013
I bought it for my 3 y/o toddler. I was surprised when I unpacked it upon receiving. It smells terrible and is really covered with some kind of powder. You might think it's a poison or something because it smells like very chemical material... I checked labels. There's no notice about this powder or care instruction before starting using it. I've put it away with a thought to return it. Such a disappointment. I was looking for see-through umbrella for my little one. Few moments later I decided to check the reviews and found out that the smell and powder is a common issue and followed one customer's instruction to wash it and let dry in the sun. And it helped. It looks nicely and is very easy to use. Child can watch rain drops falling on it and those colorful spots makes them look funny. Could be bigger...
In conclusion, it is a lovely thing. Not best quality you could expect and it takes effort to make it usable. Is it worth all of this (money, washing etc)? I would say yes...because I love my child, who loves the rain so much and I believed this umbrella just gonna make him enjoy it even more. I wasn't wrong.
on July 4, 2011
My 3yr old son loves this umbrella. it is little enough for him to hol but big enough to keep him dry. it is also so cute. i love it!!!!!
I also love the it is see thruough so my son doesnt run into anything or have to lift it up to see.
on August 19, 2015
Love this umbrella! Perfect for the rainy season. Need a different umbrella if you're looking for shade. It's classic children book's character. My child love it and received many compliments. Her classmate love it and went to buy the same one, once she saw my child with it. Used for 2 years now and never had any problem. There is a powdery film on it, when new. I think it's just to protect the umbrella when it's new for better storage. Anyway, after a good wash, it's nice and clear and not smelly. So far nothing came apart.
on July 6, 2013
I received this umbrella a few weeks ago and my kids have used it a few times so far. It is easy for both my 3 and 5-year old to open and close on their own. There are no pointy ends or possible places for little fingers to get pinched. It is a unisex design that works well for boys and girls. The pictures are taken right from the book (the caterpillar, butterfly, and the fruits the caterpillar eats). I like that is it clear because my children like to hold umbrellas in front of their faces. They can do this and still see where they are going. It is a good size for a small child, but also worked well enough for me in a pinch. I am only rating this 4 stars because I haven't had it long enough to vouch for its durability. If your child liked the book, this umbrella will be a hit.
on December 27, 2015
Sure looks cute? But this is the worst child's umbrella I've bought and we are returning it. Its mechanism on the inside is totally just pressure based with no "click" or button to make sure it's in place. I could have lived with that, but the sheath is not properly attached to the structure arms. The green beads at the end pop off incredibly easily--leaving the structure arms exposed ready to poke out eyes or scratch a neighbor. We've owned this for 3 days and I have to keep putting the umbrella back on its inner structure and NOPE. No thanks.
on April 30, 2013
Bought this product for my average sized 3-year-old daughter. She is gentle with her things so I can't speak to its durability, but so far it has worked very well for walks in the rain. She isn't able to hold an umbrella up high enough to clear her line of sight, so it is great that this umbrella is see-through and she can still see where she is going. The size is great, offering good coverage in rain. It is big enough that I think she can use it for a few more years. The colorful dots on top are bright and cheerful. It is a very fun, cute umbrella, and just right for a preschool-aged child.
on December 15, 2014
As many others have reported, this is a very, very low quality product. We were willing to chance it because our boys love the Very Hungry Caterpillar pop-up book and there aren't many cute umbrellas for boys around.

Ours came with a super stinky chemical plastic smell. (All the surplus BPA they take out of baby bottles is injected into products like this I'm sure.) It also had a weird powdery white layer coating it.

But I was able to live with both of those things. We left it hanging upside-down opened in our garage for a week and the smell was pretty much gone after that. We rinsed it with a hose to get rid of the powdery stuff.

But the worst part is that the first time we tried to close it back up using the little tie/snap strap thing, it came right off. It's heading back to Amazon and we're trying another brand. It's a shame because, again, there aren't many great looking umbrellas for boys for some odd reason. It's sexism in the marketplace and I'm not going to take it anymore.
on December 9, 2014
Cute umbrella but that's about it. My 4 yr old used this umbrella a maximum of three times: by the second time, the canopy had broken at the seam (on the top, by the finial-- I crazy glued what I could) and the tie back broke off so I can't tie it down once it's closed. He just used it again today and the canopy broke again--where I had glued it and somewhere else. My son didn't mistreat or misused this umbrella, he was with me at all times and other than holding it at an odd angle because he doesn't know how to hold it correctly, he did nothing to it. This umbrella is not worth $2 let alone almost $20. I called in customer service and will be returning for a refund what is left of it.