Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Wreck
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on March 27, 2011
Boy, this had it all. I cried, laughed, got mad, thrilled. It was heart breaking and had amazingly great moments. It was one of the best stories I have read in a long time. It kept me on the edge of my seat because just when you think you might have it figured out...WAMMO...the next hammer falls and everything starts flying again.

Carly and Brian are the real deal high school sweethearts. However in one fatal moment there whole world is turned upside down and all there plans change, and not for the better. 15 years later and the 2 are drawn together again. When the Brians dad Michael who is also the cheif of police in there small town is searching for the man who they believe is not only linked to the current criminal activities but also the death of his younger son Sam and Carly and Brians 5 best friends in the whole world in one tragic event. When Michael works himself right into the hospital Brian is brought back to town and is forced to deal with the fact that in 15 years he hasnt been able to get past his love for Carly and visa versa. There are so many suprises in this book that it only inhances this story.

This is a must read and you will find that the 4 hours it takes to read the book well worth the couple of $s this book cost. Make sure that when you start this book you have the time to finish it because you wont be able to put it down. This is the 3rd book by Marie Force that i have read and I must say she is fast becoming one of my fav. authors. Hats off to her!
on March 17, 2011
I should know better than to start a new book by Marie Force in the evening because I can never put it aside until the last page is read. "The Wreck" was another super romantic suspense and one that caught me early on and held my attention to the very end. Just what I've come to expect from this author!! If you haven't experienced a "Force" book, I highly recommend any of them including the latest offering, "The Wreck." If you're a fan of romantic suspense, you'll be a satisfied reader.
WOW, what a pleasant surprise!!! This book popped up a post from Marie Force's facebook last night that it was on sale for $2.99, for that price I expected it to be a novella, I was happy to see it' a full book. This is a suspense/romance.

I LOVED IT!!!! The Wreck is a KEEPER!!! I was so excited to finally find a book that was so good I couldn't put it down. Because since reading Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James, last Tuesday, which was so incredible, none of the 6 books I've tried to read since have held my interest, UNTIL I saw this post. I immediately went to amazon, bought The Wreck for my kindle and started reading, I couldn't put it down. It was 3:15 am when I finished.

From the beginning scene in Toby's basement, to the very end, I was drawn into to Carly and Brian's emotions and the emotions of their families, this book was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. I was also able to clearly see New England as described in the book. This is definitely a KEEPER!!! This is the second book I have read by Marie Force, but it definitely won't be the last!!!
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2011
Having been a fan of this author's for a while, I have to say this book was a major disappointment. While I can suspend disbelief for most of the story (I know it's romantic fiction!), the author just kept adding more and more unbelievable "shocking" roadblocks to show how much these two characters must really love each other. But the major issue I had with the story is that a popular, outgoing teenager witnesses a tragic accident, loses the ability to speak and becomes agoraphobic and no one considers she might need therapy or try to get her professional help????!!! Yeah, that kind of ruined it for me.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
Wow, really surprised that i enjoyed this book as much as I did. Good romance/who-dun-it book. Loved the characters, made the story very real and believable. Downloaded for my Kindle as an afterthought but really couldnt put it down once i started. Right from the beginning in Toby's basement..i was hooked! YES! that was my intial thought. A story that made you think and feel and sympathize with the characters.
Loved Brian. Thought he persevered over all the tragedy that befell him. Not only losing his brother and gang of friends but essentially the woman he loved. To see him pick up the pieces and become successful was really pleasing.
The only flaw in the story that made it a little unbelievable was with Carly and Brian at the cabin with the stalker...the actions she takes to get them out of the situation were a little far fetched but hey thats why its called fiction.
Still a fantastic read and highly reccommend to everyone.
on June 18, 2013
It was a sweet love story where true love conquers all. If that is enough for you then I would recommend this book.

However *spoilers to follow* if you require some believability in your story then this book totally falls apart.

1.Carly cannot speak for 15 years yet they only try one therapy session.
2.One traumatic experience silences her for 15 years yet when she experiences a second traumatic experience she can speak again.
3.After not communicating at all for 15 years it takes only 2 days for Brian and Carly to get engaged and one ride in a convertible eliminates the overriding fear Carly had of riding in cars.
4.Carly has a tremendous support system between her family, Brian's family and people in the town as well. Yet, despite this she gives up the child she had with Brian, the only man she will ever love, and proudly proclaims that she never had any intention of telling Brian he fathered a child.
5.Brian is upset when he discovers Zoe, but after he takes a walk all is forgiven. He then is fine living in the same town as his daughter and never acknowledging her.
6.The ending has Carly facing yet another traumatic experience. Yet this time she is strong and saves the day. It was simply too much.
on January 13, 2014
It is weird for me to give a bad review. Normally I always have something positive to say about all the books I read. Even if it is a tiny thing that I liked it but with The Wreck I can't find one.....sad but true :(
I couldn't finish this book. I think I left it almost at the last part and I got there just because I like to finish what I start but truly it didn't captivate my attention completely. It was slow and the way it's written just doesn't do it for me.
on March 22, 2011
Brian, his girlfriend Carly, his younger brother Sam and other youngsters from a small town in the U.S. are a tightly knitted clique. They do nearly everything together. Even dying. A tragic accident kills all the youngsters, except Brian and Carly. As only survivors and eyewitnesses to the tragic accident, each of them tries to cope with the tragic blow of fate as good as they can. However, this seems not to be enough since their devoted relationship can't cope with the stress and they break up. Brian leaves his hometown and swears to never return.

After fifteen years, Brian who is meanwhile a successful prosecutor, is summoned by his mother to return home and support her with his father's fragile health. After all these years he meets Carly again. Can they pick up their relationship where they left fifteen years ago?

An interesting book with an attractive plot. I was immediately throw into the action and the inconceivable suffering the accident has caused to the families of the victims as well as the two main characters. The emotions, insecurities and the suffering were so vividly and sensitively described that I deeply suffered with all the people involved in this tragic blow of fate. This part of the plot deservers definitely five starts.

Towards the middle of the book I thought there was a slight downward spiral in the plot, which must also have been perceived by the author. To pep this slope Force introduces the "Zoe character", which I consider to be a very poor movement. Especially because this element doesn't really constitute a twist in the plot but is more like a blow out of the blue, which was completely unnecessary and completely exaggerated.

The main characters were likeable, especially Brian. Carly was a little bit less realistic.

Apart from above, a very recommendable read.
on April 11, 2012
I did love the characters in the book. They were, for the most part, very believable. I probably would have loved this book, except for one glaring fact...no mental health was found for the heroine when she stopped talking and going out of her house. Her parents, and all those surrounding her, seemed to be intelligent people...why did it not occur to any of them to take her to a therapist when she displayed these symptoms? I couldn't help but feel sorry for the hero when he had to pick up the pieces of his life and move on, after suffering an immense tragedy of his own. I also figured out who the culprit was very early on in the book...perhaps I've just read too many mysteries, though.

While this isn't really a "bad" book, it certainly isn't among the best of the romantic-mystery genre. Too many things just didn't make sense...but I won't outline them because it would destroy the pleasure for people who are really enjoying the book, rather than reading it just to get to the end, as I did.

There was one huge surprise in the book, I will say that...and how Brian ever forgave Carly for that is beyond me. I don't care how many explanations were given, or how good they were...the fact remained that this man was cheated out of a lot of years by Carly's deception, as was the other person involved in the revelation.

Normally, I read a book twice...once to learn the story and the second time to take in all the details...I won't be doing that with this book. I also doubt if I'll buy anything else from this author.
on October 19, 2015
Stunned Disbelief ... those are the only words I can use to describe this book ... how one author can make you feel so many different emotions is amazing ... This book has been one of the most incredible books I have ever read ... i am not sure I can truly explain the range of emotions I experienced - Marie made me feel as if I actually knew Carly and Brian and could feel all their pain and suffering along with their love and joy. It takes a special writer to reward people with the feeling of being part of the story. I have read each of her other Series - Gansett Island, Green Mountain, Fatal Series and I can't say enough about Marie Force's books. Each series captures your attention from beginning to end. her stand alone's are proving to be just as brilliant as the "series" books. Thank you for the incredible gift of this book, Marie.