Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Writer's Brief Handbook (7th Edition)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Plastic Comb|Change

VINE VOICEon July 8, 1999
This book is the best on the market - I highly recommend it to all students in high school and college -- and it is a must for every person who writes in business! It has everything you need to know about professional writing from the sentence to the essay or research paper, as well as resumes and letters. It should be added to the desk collection along with the dictionary and thesarus. I love the way it opens and lays flat; I love the tabs for easy recognition of sections; it has large enough print and enough whitespace to make it very easy to read; it has great explanations and examples, and the MLA section is complete and easy to follow. It even has a section for people who speak English as a second language and are dealing with the special problems related to English. This is a must have book !
on February 2, 2001
I first purchased this book when I was a freshman in college seven years ago. It is without a doubt the best and easiest reference guide to writing I have ever read. I love the plastic tabs that mark each section. This guide is easy to read and follow it is organized in basic steps that are categorized accourding to section. So for example if you need to find out how to cite a web page or a video tape, etc using the MLA style you just flip to the section called doucmentation clearly marked with a plastic tab. I have since purchased an updated guide for myself and also bought one for my brother - a freshman in college. I really wish I had this book when I was in high school. I highly recommend this book to any high school, college, graduate student or writer. I especially recomend this book for students with learning disabilities, I myself have ADD and before I got this guide I could not understand how to write a paper in the MLA style or in any style other than a book report. I promise this is the easiest reference guide to writing ever published.
on September 14, 2013
Perfect for college english composition class and a desk. Wonderful compact size! I was not expecting it to be half the size of a text book!- I thought it was another big book so thanks! It is awesome with tabs and dividers so very easy to find anything in the book. Fast shipping is a plus too!
on February 2, 2001
on October 15, 2008
I needed to buy this book for a composition class I took in college. It is the best reference book I've ever bought. It is very easy to read with tabs to quickly find what you are looking for. It has everything you need to know about writing papers, including sentence and paragragh structure, punctuation, subjects, verb usage, MLA and APA styles of writing, and much more. I plan on buying one for both of my kids to use in college. Definitely a good investment.
on September 13, 2013
First of all, this is a good book for grammar/punctuation. But any references to APA/MLA format are quickly outdated as these formats do change somewhat regularly. If you are looking for a reference on sentence structure, this may be a good book for you.

With the internet, it may be better to skip the book altogether and just Google your questions on writing. The only reason I purchased this book was because it was required for school.
on December 13, 2014
I love this handbook. I bought this for myself a few years ago (older version) and I've used it for every single college course I've taken. I also bought one for my mom and my husband when they went back to college. Best investment for writing college papers.
on January 16, 2013
I ordered an used copy and received a brand new one. Mistake? I don't know. Quick shipment and delivery. For about $10 I am very happy with this purchase.
I bought it for school, and the content is interesting.
I was surprized by the size of this book. It is almost like a pocket book
on January 7, 2007
I found it very helpful as I was not familiar with APA or other writing styles and took my class online so I had no live instructor to question.
on October 21, 2013
I had to get this for a college class. It really helped refresh my memory on how to use APA and MLA. However it also had a GREAT section on how to write resumes and business letters!