5.0 out of 5 stars Unlike any comic I've ever seen, November 15, 2011
Amazon Customer (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Place (Paperback)
The watercolor is so gorgeous and expressive, it has a real life of its own while still serving the story. Someone told me once that the ideal comic book experience is to have your eyes pop when you first open the book, and then to feel something while you're flying through the book, absorbed in the story, and then to immediately go back through the pages to gleefully examine the drawings as soon as you're done. I would add that the last step is to call up your best friend and say "you have got to see this book I just got". It sounds like a lot to ask from one book, but "The Wrong Place" achieves it in a way that remains fun and understated throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite, October 16, 2011
This review is from: The Wrong Place (Paperback)
The illustrations in the book are luscious and full of unexpected details. The translation is really witty and clever. I hope there are more Brecht Evans books released in English.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice graphics!, July 18, 2011
She's crafty (Arlington, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Place (Paperback)
I love the watercolor graphics of this book. The layering and transparency are really fascinating, as are the colors. This book is about Gary, the high school friend of a very cool, Robbie. The book portrays the awkward world of Gary as it overlaps and is in contrast to the ultra hip world of Robbie. I think that it deftly portrays these worlds. (FYI: some graphic imagery...not a book for kids, in my opinion)

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous!, April 10, 2011
S. White (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Place (Paperback)
this book is beautiful and transcendent. the artwork is mind blowing and serves the content of the words magically.
read it if you like beautiful things.. the only weakness is sometimes it looks too good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Graphic!, December 5, 2012
This review is from: The Wrong Place (Paperback)
I was blown away, still am, by the few strokes of the paint brush that represent so much in this graphic novel. Also a good story with a keen eye on what it is to be living in our society nowadays. Being in or being out, the relationships, the hip and not hip, and how futile all that is.

The Wrong Place
The Wrong Place by Brecht Evens (Paperback - November 23, 2010)
Used & New from: $59.37