4.0 out of 5 stars Another Henson Hit!
Published on October 15, 2006 by Alan C. Schriver

Published on January 31, 2007 by Gretchen M. Verplanck

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Henson Hit!, October 15, 2006
This review is from: The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss - The Cat's Adventures (DVD)
This series lasted only 3 years, but thanks to the video and DVD releases, everyone can enjoy them again - including people like my son who wasn't even born when the original episodes aired. I found this video in the markdown bin at Wal-Mart, knowing very little about the show but figuring it looked harmless enough. It turned out to be just about the best $5.50 I've ever spent as far as 3-year-old Jordan is concerned! He got several DVDs for Christmas last year, and it took him a little while to work his way to Wubbulous World, but once he did...he was hooked! He is completely enthralled by these episodes, which is not suprising a result at all coming from Henson Associates. Almost everything they touch turns to gold, and this series was no exception. The puppets and set design are very good representations of Dr. Seuss' world, although it is fairly easy to identify the puppets as the Henson group's "muppet" style. A lot of the dialogue is in rhyme and is pleasant enough, as are the songs, though neither are nearly as witty or mindbendingly alliterative as anything Dr. Seuss himself wrote. But maybe that's a good thing for younger audiences; I think too much of that could confuse the very young. Bottom line: I hurried up and ordered three more DVDs from this series before Jordan completely wears out this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glued to it, December 2, 2011
Maria Graham (National City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My 9 month old can be fussy as can be but as soon as i pop this dvd in, he's glued! He's silent, motionless and just glued even though he's seen it a million times. He smiles and laughs at his favorite parts. My 2- and 4-year-olds enjoy watching it too. I know they're not supposed to watch until at least 1 year of age or older but I have to admit it helps me when I need a few minutes to get ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overview, August 16, 2008
My children loves this DVD. Kid friendly and a DVD that you can have your child view unsupervised.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW THATS SEUSSIRIFIC!!, August 9, 2004
Boys and Girls of all ages will definitly love this dvd! The Jim Henson workshop has used their great puppet work to bring this show to life.Even with great computer work it makes this even more fun and exciting!So go get or order this dvd because you,ll love this wonderful dvd and see your favorite Dr. Seuss characters in these great stories!

1.0 out of 5 stars would rather have my nails pulled than be forced to watch this again, January 31, 2007
I thought, um... Dr.Seuss, Henson puppets, sounds like a great combination. I was wrong! The puppets are fine, cute and cuddly but the CG animation looks like a high school student did it on the weekend and the stories are just boring and mind numbing. It would have better to just stick to the original Seuss stories with the puppets and real sets, but between the CG and the stories I found it painful to even make it through the whole DVD.

The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss - The Cat's Adventures