The X-Files: Season 2
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Prime Members||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 6 Disks in new thinpack packaging
Top Customer Reviews
As one may gather, I'm obviously an x-phile - how else can one explain a five-star rating for a dvd boxed set which isn't even available yet? Heck, I'm still waiting for my Season 1 gift set order from amazon to arrive.
Here's a rundown of the second season episodes:
1) Takes off from the season one finale. After the X-Files have been shut down, Mulder & Scully journey to Puerto Rico. 2) Introduces fan-favorite The Flukeman, a genetic mutation living in the New Jersey sewer system. 3) Residents in a small community suddenly become violent, apparently urged on by digital readouts ordering them to kill. 4) Introduces Alex Krycek (Nicholas Lea). 5) Mulder is in the middle of a hostage negotiation involving alien-abductee Duane Barry. 6) Continues from the previous; Mulder pursues Barry who has kidnapped Scully. 7) My personal favorite! Vampire-themed episode featuring Duchovny's then real-life girlfriend Perrey Reeves. 8) Scully is found, albeit in a coma. 9) Deadly lifeform living in a volcano. 10) Agents investigate a possible connection between several teenager disappearances and a religious cult. 11) Strange unseen attacks in a nursing home. 12) The personality of a serial killer is transferred to his granddaughter 13) An "escalating fetishist" episode, where one's relatively harmless "hobby" turns homicidal. 14) Satan worshippers pay for their laxity! 15) Voodoo episode. 16) Features horror genre fan-fave Brian Thompson (Fright Night, Kindred) as the alien boutny hunter. Mulder meets long-lost sister Samantha (or does he?). 17) Continues from previous. 18) Animal abductions from a zoo near a major UFO hotspot.Read more ›
Season two picks up with "Little Green Men" and the introduction to "X," "Deep Throat's" protégé and his replacement and Special Agent Fox Mulder's inside source. We also get to start seeing the "Mythology" of the series start to take some real form. To hide the fact that the ever beautiful Gillian Anderson is pregnant, the producers come up with some wonderful filming techniques. Then to top it off they come up with the plot line for "Duane Berry."
Every episode of this season qualifies as amazing, enthralling, stunning and any number of ways to describe that which is great. Some notables: "The Host," because it's just creepy and kind of like an accident, you don't want to look at it but you have to. "Sleepless" because it has Tony Todd who, when he chooses the right parts, is such a wonderful actor. "Duane Berry," "Ascension," "3," and "One Breath" for the masterful way the writers and producers skillfully scripted out Gillian Anderson's pregnancy in Dana Scully's abduction. Not to mention the wonderful job that Steve Railsback did in the role of Duane Berry. "Firewalker" because of its simplicity and the scientific curiosity it created. "Aubrey" because of its ability to surprise and scare you.Read more ›
The second season stretches the mythology angle somewhat, but some of the stand-alones rank among the best.
Here's just a rundown on the best episodes (though all of them are definitely worth seeing).
---Duane Barry/Ascension/One Breath: The X-Files trilogy that abducted Scully! Now, we all know that Scully comes back, but these three shows held for me an intense fascination with the fate/free will ideas, and certainly engaged it's viewers in passionate discussions.---Firewalker: I don't know why I love this episode. I think that the seemless mesh of science, fiction, and suspense is what enthralled me throughout.---Irresistable: In introducing us to Donnie Pfaster, Chris Carter introduced us to one of the most evil villains in the show's history (not the coolest, mind you). I'd thought that the second season had peaked with this episode, but along came---Colony/End Game: The episode that showed us Mulder's abducted sister! (or a clone, or an alien-human hybrid). Scully gets taken by the bionic killer people (my friends claim this is why that I'm not an X-phile, having no clue what they're called. Oh well). Not as good as many other mythology episodes, but still notable for Mulder's attachment to his partner.---Dod Kalm: My favourite of season 2. No way to truly describe it, but it was enchanting and magical, thrilling and inspiring, a combination of technical brilliance and artistic majesty. Gillian Anderson deserved an Emmy for this and Irresistable.---Anasazi: Ending with what was the best Mythology episode to date, I'd be a fool to tell you what happened.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I never got to see the series as it aired so I am enjoying the nostalgiaPublished 15 hours ago by shopping at midnight
Didn't watch the show when it was first released. Now I see what everyone was talking about.Published 1 day ago by Edward
I love re-watching these seasons. I watched the original airings but now I'm watching them all over again with my kids. It's just as exciting the second time around.Published 1 day ago by Dodger 011
Season 2 continues where the first season left off, chasing the bizarrePublished 1 day ago by BritesSV
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|x-files - slim set||
the slim sets do not have the bonus material. ihave slim sets for seasons 1-3 & 5-9; and the set with bonus for season 4. It is defintely not worth the extra money. the bonus material for the 4th season had a couple 20 minute interviews kinda like a short making of style format of a few selected... Read More
Oct 3, 2007 by M. Mueller | See all 6 posts
|season 2 disc 7?||
yes it has one episode
Sep 5, 2009 by Marc G. Lawson | See all 2 posts
It's still missing the last episode.
However, the episode is available on the 1st volume of the "Mythology" collection.
Wal-Mart is having a special where you can get each season (slim set) for $20 each, and each volume of the "Mythology" collection for $15.
Jul 8, 2008 by S. McCready | See all 6 posts
|Those jerks!||Be the first to reply|
|price||Be the first to reply|
|X-Files||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General
- Movies & TV > TV