5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible through which to manage daily readings.
Published on November 30, 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Small print
I am no where needing reading glasses yet, but the small size of the print in this bible would have required a magnifying glass. I'm sure that if I could have read it the book would have been fine. Additionally when I returned the book, Amazon wouldn't pay any of the shipping and they were going to back charge me for the free shiping since it wasn't their fault the...
Published on May 8, 2006 by JamesC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible through which to manage daily readings., November 30, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to systematically read the whole Bible in a year., December 5, 1998
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
The Bible is divided into 365 parts, each labeled by the day of the month. Each day contains a passage from the OT, the NT, Psalms, and Proverbs. Each day's readings will take about 15-20 minutes. This method, along with some self-discipline, will help you read through all of God's Word. I think it's a great way to read the Bible. In my opinion the NIV translation is the most readable translation that is consistently accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIVES US EACH DAY OUR DAILY MANNA, January 28, 2002
Brentley (Rancho San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
For those who desire a closer walk with the Lord, there is no substitute for daily nourishment from the Word of the Lord. But good intentions for daily Scripture time or to read the Bible
through each year often fail due to lack of a plan,
schedule, daily menu for regular Scripture intake.
This wonderful Bible solves the problem by breaking down the entire Word of God into bite-sized daily meals for the soul to easily digest during our busy schedules. A balanced blending of Old and New Testament readings each day makes the goal of daily disciplined reading much easier and achievable.
There is a great sense of accomplishment to make daily progress and get more deeply acquainted with the God of the Word Who longs to show Himself to us day by day. Even if we miss a day or two, the task of catch-up is not hopeless: just pick up where we left off and begin again one step at a time. No pressure, no guilt.
Makes a wonderful gift for friends and seekers to achieve what for many is a daunting challenge: to read the entire Bible at least once in one's lifetime. This makes it a pleasure to read it through each year and have our lives transformed, one day at a time!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Bible is awsome!, June 21, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
I'm 14 years old and have just recently asked God into my life. I've tried several times to read the entire Bible, but as you can imagine, it's not the easy for a teenager with a short attention span. I found this Bible and I am now at least half way through and still going strong! It makes it a lot easier by adding different sections of the Bible to each reading. It adds some variety and makes reading my daily devotionals a lot less tedious.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been reading this Bible for more than 15 years, July 19, 2004
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
Since I bought the One Year Bible NIV in 1986, it has been my primary devotional guide ever since. I love it more every year. No more confusion about where to start or what to read! The One Year Bible has stabilized my devotional habits. I read more of the Bible, all of the Bible, more easily. And, because the Word of God is "living and active", it's amazing how the daily readings have applied to my daily life and been a great blessing in my Christian walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will get you through it!, October 30, 2002
joel (kingsport, tn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
Reading the Bible and knowing the Bible enhaces the Chritisan life. But on some of the Old Testament books can just bog you down if you're trying to read them straight through. This breaks the Bible up into managable and enjoyable sections. Plus its in the NIV trnaslation so it can be easily understood without losing the power of it message.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have given away more of these than I can count!, November 25, 2000
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
Reading the Bible is critical to knowing God and having a healthy and productive life. This particular edition does a great job of breaking the Bible into manageable chunks. Over the years I have given this particular Bible to dozens of students. It is a great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible, March 9, 2004
Jen (Elkin, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
I am 15 years old. I did read this book when I was 14 years old for confirmation, because I did not know a lot about the bible. I did read this bible. I know more about the bible then I thought, was even in the bible. I would say to a person that has not read this book, go out and get it. I is a very good bible to read to understand or to read the bible again and much more reasons why you would want to read this bible. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to read through the Bible in a year!, September 6, 2001
"auorchid" (Edinburg, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Year Bible NIV (Paperback)
As another customer said, "I had always had a desire to be able to read the entire Bible, but always found it to be such a duanting task. This Bible breaks down daily readings into managable doses. You are able to learn and meditate upon the daily readings without being overwhelmed. I highly recommend this version for those who have never been able to read the entire Bible, new believers and for those who need a simple plan by which to manage their daily readings." I found this Bible very easy to read and think that everyone will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible, January 7, 2008
i was amazed at how easy and interesting it was to continue to read every day. i never got bored, if anything i became more inspired and excited as i continued to read.

The One Year Bible Compact Edition NIV
The One Year Bible Compact Edition NIV by Tyndale (Paperback - September 1, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01