5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless Christmas classic
I enjoy reading this book every year around Christmas time. My mom first read it to me when I was little. I am sophomore in High School now and I still find delight in reading this classic Christmas story. Since I am older now, and have a deeper understanding of compassion, I have discovered a whole new meaning to the story. If you are putting together a Christmas...
Published on October 13, 1999 by Elizabeth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story
Enjoyed reading it and I will be telling Grandkids the story next year. Art work is good .
Not much more to say
Published 7 months ago by BCPOWDR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, October 18, 2013
I love the old timey feel of this Christmas story. The illustrations are wonderful! Would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood favorite, September 6, 2013
This review is from: The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story (Picture Puffins) (Paperback)
I love this book. I found it in a pile of my mom's old Christmas books a couple years ago and i remembered how much I liked it when I was a kid. I ordered it for some kids I teach and they liked it alot too. It has even more meaning now for me know since I live in the mountains that remind me so much of the setting of this book. Beautiful story and illustrations. It's a book I will enjoy reading to my kids someday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic story, February 1, 2013
My mother read this book for me as a child so I bought it for my children. It had been so long since I had read the book I had forgotten the values of keeping your promises, sacrifice, and service to country that were contained in it. These important values make this book even more important to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL STORY, December 9, 2012
This is an amazing story and especially for this time of the year. I bought 2 books. One for my children because we started a 25 days of books tradition for Christmas this year. A friend told me about it from Pinterest. Basically, you wrap 25 books and each day they unwrap one (all the books are a surprise to them since they don't know which books we have) and we read it together as a family. My kids love this and of course so do my husband and I. The other book is a gift for a special Aunt. I know she will love it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mountain Church and the Christmas Tree Tradition, December 7, 2011
Scot McColl (Lenoir, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The little Church in the mountains of North Carolina had a tradition of putting up
a Christmas tree every year during the season. The privilege of selecting and bringing
the tree was rotated among the families. Finally the family in the book has its turn.
But did they select a tree? Was the tree finally brought to the Church? The mystery
and the wonderful surprise answer makes this a book all children will enjoy, as well
as adults. Beautiful illustrations make the story "pop" and bring it real "life."
And why did the tree have to be perfect? Read on!

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, May 4, 2014
I am happy with this story because my kids are so interested. The illustrations capture both my 2 year old's and 4 year old's imagination. Great Xmas story and a good conversation piece for my 4 year old. It's one of those books that opens your mind to other worlds and cultures different from ours; also opens your mind to history, seasons, and time. It's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Christmas story., April 25, 2014
I love this story of a little angel who only wants to help her mother and have a doll for Christmas. What she ends up getting in the end is truly joyful! I read this story to my children at school, and many of them will never forget it, either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching Story with Beautiful Illustrations!, March 15, 2014
Bought this as a "pre-Christmas" gift for my granddaughter. She and I both LOVE it! Such a sweet, loving, tender story about a little girl and her family at Christmastime!! Beautiful illustrations also! So glad I discovered this very special complex yet simple story. You won't be disappointed with this very touching story!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas book!!, January 29, 2014
The pictures are beautiful and the story is beautiful...glad we added this book to our collection! My children love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Story of Sacrificial Love, January 22, 2014
I am a NC born woman. Ms Houston's portrayal of the kind, quiet, steadfast mother Is an excellent reminder of Christian love. All in all a wonderful book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story (Picture Puffins)
$6.99 $5.37