5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding
This is a great book - lots of new ideas for the experienced cook who's tired of everything in her all-in-one cookbook. I brought it home from the library to see if it was just another gimmicky book, or did it have real content to interest me. I loved it - I'm buying it!
Published on October 15, 2007 by Mary loves Murder

3.0 out of 5 stars Most recipes call for hard-to-find ingredients
Published on January 25, 2007 by Phillip O.

3.0 out of 5 stars Most recipes call for hard-to-find ingredients, January 25, 2007
This review is from: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook (Hardcover)
I'm sure this is a wonderful cookbook for more sophisticated cooks, but I was unimpressed with it. My main gripe is that almost every recipe calls for something that I would probably have to go online to find. Examples - vin cotto, halvah, Turkish apricots, coffee extract, demerara, Calvados, fleur de sel, aniseed, brown rice flour, and the list goes on. Another disappointment is the lack of photos (only 2 sections of about 10 color photos) and overall bland presentation and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, October 15, 2007
Mary loves Murder (Indianapolis, Indiana USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars New York Times Dessert Cookbook, March 8, 2007
This review is from: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook (Hardcover)
Very good recipes, and they all work. Many of them have been previously published in Wedenesday's DINING IN section of the NY Times. Unlikke many other cookbooks this covers a broad spectrum of desserts, for any occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loaded with fabulous recipes, May 8, 2013
This review is from: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook (Hardcover)
Hi-I just received this cookbook yesterday and have already planned out what to make this afternoon and this coming weekend. I love the idea of tapioca fruit trifle; I think that will go well after tonight's dinner (pasta) and this weekend will be fabulous for any of the flourless chocolate cakes from the book, after a barbecue. Many chefs and food writers have contributed to this large volume,and there are no duds in the whole bunch. The author,Florence Fabricant,personally included a number of terrific sounding recipes. I look forward to cooking my way through this,starting with that luscious tapioca. Hurray!

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing the Mark, May 23, 2014
This review is from: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook (Hardcover)
Wonderful recipes that are precise and easy to follow. Sadly, the book has very few photos and so loses points for me. I want to know what the end product should look like!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exhaustive and creative... Wonderful!, April 18, 2010
This review is from: The New York Times Dessert Cookbook (Hardcover)
I just love the breadth and wealth of the fantastic-sounding desserts, plus the comprehensive coverage of lots of old-timers as well. It's worth every penny...!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, August 7, 2014
it doesn't have images

The New York Times Dessert Cookbook
The New York Times Dessert Cookbook by Florence Fabricant (Hardcover - October 3, 2006)
$29.95 $22.47
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies