For gardeners who live in climate zones 3, 4, or 5, this book is the first of its kind to guide you step by step in creating a garden that is sure to flourish in your zone. With a short growing season and variable temperatures in zones 3, 4, or 5, first-time gardeners and old pros alike will welcome this comprehensive guide that shows you how to plan your garden, put the right plants in the right place, and care for them according to their climatic needs.
In The Zone Garden 3 4 5, topics include:
- How to zero in on your particular microclimate
- Best bets for your zone gardenannuals, perennials, roses, bulbs, and shrubs
- Surefire garden plans for seashore gardens, drought-tolerant gardens, shade gardens, and more
- When to plant in your zone and when your flowers will bloom
- How to extend the growing season in zones 3 4 5