Customer Discussions > The White Album forum

The best post-Beatles songs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2012 7:23:18 AM PDT
beatmet says:
Which of the Beatles, in your opinion, had the best songs after the break-up? George had a lot of good songs, esp. on All Things Must Pass and Paul had some good ones, as well, except for fluff like My Love or Silly Love Songs. John's best was w/ the Beatles but Double Fantasy had some great songs and Nobody Told Me is another stand-out. I've never cared much myself for Ringo's songs as a whole but he had a couple I like. What do the Beatles fans out there think?

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:21:22 AM PDT
greenpete says:
John and George created the highest quality songs, in my opinion. I'd rate "All Things Must Pass" as the best Beatle solo album, although John's "Plastic Ono Band" comes close. After this album, John had a lot of isolated song classics ("Jealous Guy," "Imagine," "Give Peace a Chance," "And So This is Christmas," "No. 9 Dream" etc.), but "Plastic Ono Band" is his only consistent record. I think "Double Fantasy" is pleasant, but Lennon's death made it more significant than it really is. Paul and Ringo had a couple great songs apiece, but that's it (sorry Macca!).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The White Album forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  May 25, 2012
Latest post:  May 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Beatles [Vinyl]
The Beatles [Vinyl] by The Beatles (Vinyl - 1995)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,545)