- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Nabu Press (August 18, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1175668451
- ISBN-13: 978-1175668455
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (31 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,592,315 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The complete works of Mark Twain
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
To will be lucky if you find a single complete work of mark twain when you open this piece of rubbish!
Moreover, don't purchase books from booknackrh if you can avoid it... They still won't refund the transaction after ripping me off!!
I was so excited to get all of one of my favorite authors' works for under a buck.
But there is really no sense in buying this Kindle collection if there is no ACTIVE table of contents. YES, the table of contents is there, but you have to go and try to FIND IT, bookmark it, and then the short stories table of contents does not work.
If that doesn't bother you, then by all means go get it.
I am, however, going to look for a better Kindled version of all of Mark Twain's works, even if that means I have to pay a buck more.
For the current version (blue cover, b&w photographic-looking picture of Mark Twain) (purchased and satisfied at $2.99):
- great table of content (TOC) (it finally works!): easy to navigate, etc.
- some of the editorial mistakes have been corrected; for example, a previous commenter said that Huck Finn was missing from chapter 36 and on. I checked and as of August 28, 2012, all the chapters in Huck Finn are there.
- fun pictures and photographs
- MASSIVE BODY OF WORK = long download time. I'm talking over 20 minutes here. I would download it on your USB and then transfer over to your Kindle if I were you.
- I'm sure there are typos, but in such a huge literary body of work, I won't be able to find them all too quickly.
For an extra $2, the TOC is fabulous and it LOOKS incredible (good type, etc.). The illustrations/photos are great to look at, and the biographies look actually somewhat interesting at a glance!
If you're a fan of Mark Twain, or even just like some of his works, this is worth your money.
P.S.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Prior to reading this book, I had a limited knowledge of twain. He is one of the best writers I have ever read. His wit and veiled sarcasm made me smile. Read morePublished 8 months ago by virginia marlo
A Connecticut Yankee is certainly fine, but I had expected The Complete Works to include Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn amongst others. Read morePublished 17 months ago by barry lerner, M.D.
A friend went to Europe & took this book to compare then & now. We both loved it. Timely arrival.Published 17 months ago by Robert1
Love the wit of MT. It' same lot to read still haven't gotten through a third of it, but like to switch to reading it after more dry materials. Read morePublished 19 months ago by David Lee Hedrick
Mark Twain's 2 volume autobiography was worth the wait. This is not a "and then I did this" chronological biography, but was written/dictated to whatever moved Twain each... Read morePublished on January 28, 2014 by Verne
I got a bunch of free download books to fulfill my obsession to have all the books. I haven't even opened it so I can speak to the formatting or content.Published on November 5, 2013 by chris pederson