5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, June 27, 2010
I've read almost all the books on Sullivan, (and there are quite a few) but this is among the best. Some of them leave you scratching your head in much the same way his own absurd writing still does. This one is forthright, and gets straight to the real achievement without all the purple prose. Doesn't leave out the dirt either. A sad ending, but keep in mind the glory of a life lived on such a scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curve of the Arch by Larry Millett, November 17, 2012
I went to Owatonna for a Button Fall Festival through the Minnesota Button Society. I went to explore the city and found an art fair in the town square. While I was walking the square I spotted a beautiful building across the street. I asked a vendor what it was and they said it was a famous bank and that I really needed to go inside the bank. I did and was absolutely blown away.
I had to get the book and it is everything that I had hoped it would be, complete with some colored photos.

Curve of the Arch by Larry Millett

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful iconic building showcasing Sullivan's flair for detail, October 1, 2014
David Briggs (Whitney, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The curve of the arch: The story of Louis Sullivan's Owatonna Bank (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful iconic building showcasing Sullivan's flair for detail, and is the first of several unusual bank buildings he designed around the mid-west. My wife grew up in Owatonna, and worked as a teller in this bank, so there is a special interest in this Owatonna landmark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, October 14, 2014
Condition was fine and was well received!

The curve of the arch: The story of Louis Sullivan's Owatonna Bank