Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 3, 2012
This book seems to describe just 'dRuby', but you can learn basic distributed programming technique from this book.

dRuby provides a very simple but powerful mechanism to communicate with other computers. If you use Ruby, this book gives you super powerful programming tools to you. If you are not Ruby programmer, this is a very easy distributed programming learning book. You can try samples instantly because they are written in Ruby. The both readers will be enchanted by Seki's magic.

This book provides mainly three simple bricks, dRuby, TupleSpace, Drip. These bricks shows you many applications. I heard dRuby is used for realizing Ruby on Rails's debugging system. You can feel "I can create remote debugger easily" after reading this book. The sample in chapter 10 is the shortest search engine program I have ever seen.

This book is good for meetup too. Many samples (include irb session code) give you hands-on learning experience and try-discussion iteration. I have the original Japanese edition and joined Ruby meetup with this book in Japan. It was very good experience for me (even if I was a Python programmer at that time).

If you are original book's reader, you must get this book. One fourth contents are new! This book is an extended version of Japanese dRuby book.