4.0 out of 5 stars Cool. Fits Great!
I love this vest. It arrived earlier than I expected and it fits wonderfully. (I used my weight to determine the best size) Note that if you are going for a more conservative look, (and I was) you can remove the chain easily, and the accent can be tucked into the chest pocket. Also note that most of the pockets on the vest are not real.
Published on March 26, 2012 by Chris B.

Published 17 months ago by mp7

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool. Fits Great!, March 26, 2012
This review is from: SVE TheLees Mens slim fit chain point 3 button vest (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars TheLees 5 Button Black Vest - Go Big or Go Home, June 27, 2013
I just wanted to throw my 3 cents in the hat as different people have vastly different takes on TheLees sizing. A disclaimer / background info: I did not consult TheLees before ordering, I DID read tons of reviews on Amazon before ordering though. I live in the US - TX to be precise. I purchased mine on eBay (my review may get nixed right there, but the shipping was better there at the current time). I did not elect for expedited shipping, I took the free shipping that was given to me on eBay.

Okay, on with the review. I am 6'1" tall and weigh about 175-180. I consider my build pretty standard for this height and weight. I work out a little, but am not muscularly bulky nor am I overweight. I am not skinny either as you can imagine 180 lbs on a 6'1" frame. I typically buy Large tshirts and Medium dress shirts if they run big. Large has become my size of choice in many cases, enough length and broad enough in the shoulders. As stated, I read many reviews to gauge where I needed to be in sizing myself up. I read a couple reviews from guys who were around my build and they went XXL (Korean size) and it fit them. I read about guys that were my height but skinny (155 lbs range) and they went with the L and XL (Korean size) and it fit them. This confirmed that I would definitely not fit into the Korean XL which was the American Large. I only had one option left, GO BIG OR GO HOME! I knew it was a risk, call it taking a leap of faith or what have you, but I went for the Double XL (Korean XXL, American XL). This seemed to be the ideal size range since everyone said they run quite small, and in comparison with the other reviewers on Amazon, it was my only choice.

Even without expedited shipping, the vest arrived in about 10 days from Korea to Texas. Pretty damn nice if you ask me. I immediately had to rip open the very crunchy packaging to see what the results were. Going into this, my main concern was the top buttons closing without stress in the lat muscles. You know a man has to have that back going on. Anyways I was mainly worried due to the picture displaying it unbottoned as if this were how it was to be worn. The top button was the first thing I went for after slipping it on. Buttoned no problem! After buttoning up the rest of the buttons and adjusting the lower back strap to fit, this thing fit very nicely! I honestly, like other reviewers have stated, could not be more pleased with the fit. Hopefully my notes above will help you in choosing the proper fit for you. If I were a larger guy, as in 200lbs.+ I would be wary about buying this one. The mid section had plenty of room as I had to take it in with the back strap a good inch or two. This leads me to believe that if you had a little more belly goin on you would be fine, but if your chest is big, or you have a strong back and lats, you may want to watch out. The 3 button may be a better option for you.

Quality of Vest: I have heard some people bash the quality of this thing. I have never shopped for a vest at a designer store, but I have looked at Men's Wearhouse and compared to the ones they have there... no comparison. This one not only looks much nicer, it feels better quality too! This one has the tailored stitching down the front panels and sides (you can see this on the lighter colors), which helps bring in areas where the MW vest just sags out. I tried on a slim fit vest at Men's Wearhouse (Large) and it did fit right, but it was $70! This one cost me $33 and change, looks much nicer, feels much nicer, and fits better. Most "suit separates" vests, such as the ones at Men's Warehouse have that cheap silk back to them that feels like you are paying for zero fabric. This one has the same fabric throughout as this one is intended to be worn without a jacket. The other vests look like you are missing your jacket if you want to just wear the vest, but this one looks like a complete article of clothing. Since the gamble paid off for me here, I would gladly order from them again. Please read the other reviews. I would never give this a low star rating based on quaility and I can see where some would due to sizing. It is technically way off. I ordered an American XL and it fits pretty snug, and to tell the truth, I was on the verge of going American Large just thinking I knew best. I am glad I put faith into the reviews like this one because it led me to make the proper decision and I couldn't be more happy with the buy!

Good luck and I hope this was helpful to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Exceptional Service, May 3, 2012
This is a very stylish vest, and I am glad I ran across TheLees. This is the second similar vest I have purchased from them.

As other reviewers have noted, the chain is removable and the pockets are not real, so be mindful of that. I got it in grey, and I love the color. I am 5 ft 9 and about 150 pounds. After careful consideration of the sizing chart, I ordered the L (US M) size. I am very happy with the fit of the vest, though you may want to consider purchasing one size smaller than what you typically get if you want a really snug fit. I typically wear M and this fits perfectly, so I found the US equivalencies to be accurate.

I received the vest a short day after purchasing it, which was an extremely pleasant surprise. I will definitely consider this manufacturer in the future.

If you are looking for a stylish, reasonably priced vest, look no more.

1.0 out of 5 stars U.S. Sizes are grossly inacurate, and YOU pay for return shipping to Korea., April 15, 2013
If you live in the U.S., do not trust the size comparisons advertised. I wear a U.S. large (or U.S. XL if the cut is slim fit.) In this case I bought the 2XL, which is advertised as a U.S. XL. It was not even a U.S. Medium! Not even close. I ordered this vest and also a shirt from the same seller, both had the same problem. Here is the worst part though- upon trying to return the items, I was sent an email saying that they will not cover the return shipping costs, and they want me to pay out of pocket for shipping from the U.S. to South Korea myself! So now, in order to get back the money I paid for this falsely advertised item, I have to pay even more than the original amount to send it back? Completely unacceptable. This seller needs to learn how to conduct good business and take responsibility for their own size comparison errors.

2.0 out of 5 stars More costume than clothing, December 19, 2012
Fits nicely and the material is perfectly adequate for the price. But it's in no way a functional garment. All pockets are purely decorative. You could open the seams, I suppose, but your "pocket" would be equal in size to the entirety of the vest's interior. As irritating as having no actual pockets is, it's nothing compared to the obnoxious "pocket square" and "watch chain." These come as shown in the picture, rather than simply being accessories to a photo shoot. There's a folded piece of cloth sewn onto the breast "pocket" that mimics a pocket square. And a superfluous chain sewn onto a false pocket. If you're looking for a costume piece and don't actually need a place to put a pocket square or watch, this is probably perfectly unexceptionable and reasonably priced. If you, like me, a enough of a pretentious twit to actually need a waistcoat with some utility, I'd look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Urban Slim Fit Vest - If You Can Carry It, May 12, 2012
I bought a few of these vests in different styles as gifts for my partner who can wear slim fitted Italian suits and clothes, especially of this type of fitted style.The vest is above average quality, nicely finished with clean stitching, re enforced buttons and some very nice touches.

The addition of the pocket chain, a throw back to the 1940's is subtle and elegant, the crisp white of the faux handkerchief is just as subtle - and adds a nice visual to break up the black.The cut is extremely tapered and clean. The back satin is of good quality and the stitching there although not as clean as the front is still quite good.

The back cinch tie is fully adjustable and features a unique buckle that again, adds yet another unexpected touch.Needless to say the vest was a huge hit.The company does an excellent job in sizing recommendations and as other reviewers have mentioned, if in doubt order a size up.Because when they say "slim fit" they aren't kidding.

Delivery was faster than expected. The only glitch was with DHL who for some reason couldn't locate our house even though it's been here since 1950.I kept getting messages when tracking the package saying "address cant be found call immediately!" This went on for 3 days. Of course this is just one of those odd shipping issues - but finally the vest arrived in excellent condition.

A great value for the price. In fact if I had the build for it (you do need that perfect "V" shape)

1.0 out of 5 stars this product ships from Korea, March 27, 2013
Okay, first and foremost, my friend who wears an American medium could not wear this XX-Large. The seller sent me a nasty note, please read, then make your decision. I am muscular and do take offense. "if you had let me know your weight and height, I could have selected a proper size before shipping it out.
could you please let me know your WEIGHT and HEIGHT so that I can assist in choosing proper size." and this for kicks! "pls send it back to me via USPS with (First-Class Mail® International Options) not UPS or FedEx,DHL..
this is the cheapest way for you to return the package.
but if you can find more cheaper way, you can just use another way." It's probably going to cost me more to ship it than to keep it. I will not buy from this person again. The vest was nice, but not that nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, April 3, 2014
Received the parcel after almost a month
The size was bit small. Product quality was good. The supplier was good with fast response.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size info wrong., January 31, 2014
I ordered an XX-Large (US X-Large), and I did received a vest with XX-Large tab. If I understand correctly the sizing info this should correspond to 50-52 chest and 44-46 waist. I measured at most 36, which is 10 inches off the mark. My vest will go to "BIg Brothers & Big Sistgers"! Otherwise it looks like a very nice vest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer BEWARE!!, May 20, 2013
Bought this as an XL and is more like a XS. The quality is average and the sizing is reallllllyyyy off.