TheLees Men's buckle zipper slim hoodie T-Shirt
Price:$24.99 - $27.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 7, 2012
Verified Purchase
(Very long and in-depth review. This will take awhile to read, but if you want to know everything you can about this shirt before buying, I suggest you be patient and read it to the end. I made this because I know people are extremely confused about the Asian sizes, or whether it's worth the money just like I was.)

I have to admit this was an impulse buy. I just happened upon it while browsing for a turtle neck shirt. Though there were many deterrents, such as the confusing sizing options... (and arguably more confusing than anything were the customer reviews, as they varied in suggestions. Some people said to go up 1 size than you should, up 2 sizes, or just go with gut-instinct...) Also the shipping cost was probably the biggest obstacle... I overcame my doubts and decided to take a risk.

I was very happy with making the gamble. This has to be the most incredible outfit I own for how cheap it is. Now, I'm not just gonna lavish it with praise - there are imperfections, and I'll get to those.

It arrived about three days after I placed my order. Amazingly quick considering it was shipped over seas. One day I tracked the shipping at Korea, the next it was in the states. The packaging was very nice, and easily opened. They made it easy option return it with the same packaging since just seals right back up.

Now let's talk about the shirt itself. As some other people have pointed out, it looks better on a real person. As a reference, the style reminds me Cloud's outfit from Advent Children. The shoulders do poof out, and makes them look like pauldrons to the untrained eye. I love that. The entire fabric of the outfit is very soft and very comfortable.

To confirm what people have feared - yes, the buttons are a bit flimsy, and made of plastic. But who cares? They are one of the key features that makes this outfit look so good. And if it looks good, that's what matters. However, we can't dismiss the durability. They are literally hanging by a few threads. You have to be extremely careful every time you button up this shirt to not dislodge them. They must have been aware of this, as they threw in an extra button in case you lost one.

For me, I'm not too distressed about the prospect of the buttons falling off because I have a girlfriend that knows how to sew. So I'm covered there. (You might not be though. If not, I repeat: be careful...each and every time you use the buttons.)

Now to get onto how this fit. I'm sure that's what most of you care about. I am 5'11 and weigh about 160 pounds, and a size 30 waist. I lift weights 6 days out of the week and I am a martial artist, so I consider myself very athletic. I ordered the XL (USA Large) based off the recommendation chart. When I put it on, I had mixed emotions. Let me explain.

I have no problems putting it on, or taking it off. It's not too tight, and not too loose. It's a completely casual fit for me. That's kind of where I'm disappointed - I'm one of those guys who wants to have the shirt cling to me like a glove. So yes, I'm having the opposite problem as most people: I think the shirt is ever so slightly too big. Only my pectoral muscles are defined through the shirt. I wasn't expecting this to be a compression shirt or anything...but; they definitely didn't make the waist region tight enough...it's extremely baggy compared to the rest of the outfit. This might not be a big deal for people who aren't to concerned about their figure though.

I, however; am very self conscious about my appearance. (Partly why I bought something like this from another continent.) So, until I re-order it in a smaller size, I can at least use this one to put over another shirt. I would suggest you just try it with some long sleeved shirts you already own to save some money - because even though TheLees gives you a discount on the shipping with paired purchases, it isn't an extraordinary discount, unless you order from Ebay. (Which I'll go into detail with later.) Having an undershirt is invaluable when it's cold out. It'll keep your arms warm, and then you can stick your hands into the side-pockets found on this shirt to keep them warm too.

(Very quickly - about those pockets. They flare out rather abruptly from the rest of shirt. At certain angles, they look like love handles since they're located right at the hips. Since this was designed to be like a hoody, I can forgive it. But I really don't like how it looks. Would have preferred fashion over function in this case.)

Anyway, back to double-shirt discussion. It's a winning combination during winter for my experience. Being able to easily wear a long sleeved shirt underneath for insulation as well as for altering your look every now and then just makes this shirt that much more awesome.

Even without an undershirt though, this shirt alone offers a wide variety of looks you can pull off with the collar, buttons, and zipper - as you can see from the product pictures. Having the collar buttoned, or unbuttoned looks equally awesome, and can keep you (and others) from getting bored of it. I have no other way to label this thing but a: "sleeveless-vest-halfturtleneck-hoodie..." it's that unique, and that versatile of a garment in my opinion.

Before I forget - let's focus on some negative aspects of the collar. I was quite disappointed with it. You might expect it to be a full turtle neck. It's more of a mock turtleneck. Since it sags down, two of the buttons droop down with it. And as I mentioned earlier, the buttons look awesome, so this was quite a let down for me. It just doesn't go up as far as the picture would lead you believe, at least not without submitting to gravity eventually. The fit on the neck is too loose since they integrated it with the hood. It was a cool idea fashion-wise, but the hood is a counterweight for your collar, pulling it down with it. It's a shame, because one of the corners of the collar does extend to the high length of a turtleneck and tapers to a sharp point. If you could get that corner to stay up, (which I've tried to no avail) you'd have yourself a very unique half-turtle neck. So overall, this collar really let me down in more ways than one... I almost gave the product a 4/5 stars because of it

Another thing to note: the length of the bottom of the shirt. For the XL, (US LARGE) I was surprised that the the shirt almost goes down past my butt. I have a pretty long torso shape, and wasn't expecting that. It's not that I was planning on showing off my rear end, but I would have liked to be able to show off my belt without tucking the bottom of the shirt into my pants.

Last thing to complain about: which should be obvious to anyone who's read a lot of reviews on this product already: the hood. Yes, it's pointy like a KKK Hood, and looks very awkward...(borderline ridiculous.) No, it isn't that useful for rainy or windy days, as it doesn't droop over your forehead, but rather - just rests on the very top of your head. However, I'm sure most of you don't even care about the hood like I didn't, so long as it doesn't look dumb while it's not in use - which it doesn't.

Anyway, with pros and cons considered... I still adore this shirt. I wish someone else would have gone this in-depth into a review for me, even if they were of tiny or huge stature.

I remember my immediate reaction was: I wish I would have gone for a Large (US Medium) just to have it hug my body. But considering I plan on bulking up, it might just be better to not exchange it - I might regret it in the future.

To conclude: I'm sure whether you go a size too high, too low, or manage to nail it just right, you'll find a way to be happy with it. It'll be tight on your body if it's too small, thus complementing your physique (yet may risk getting ripped/damaged if one is reckless in taking the shirt off. I find that grabbing onto the hood to pull it up over my shoulders and arms is a convenient and safer way of removing the shirt. Gives the thing a use for once, too.)

And if the shirt's too big you've got a good reason to earn your right in the gym to make it look better.

(Or if you're impatient like I was, just return it for a smaller size. The seller was very helpful and courteous, and offered a suggestion after I gave him my body measurements. At the last minute though, I changed my mind when I found out I would have to pay another 15 dollars or more to ship it back through USPS. I decided to keep it for when I bulk up and buy the shirt again in a smaller size from their Ebay listing. On Ebay it only costs 5 dollars for them to ship, albeit - the shipping is estimated to take over 2 weeks. But consider: they list the base price even lower on Ebay at about 20 vs 25 on Amazon. Then, compare the 5 dollar standard shipping to the 16+ expedited. Ebay: 25$, Amazon 41$. Also, if you buy multiple purchases, it's only about 2.99 per extra item as part of their shipping discount. Wish I would of known this sooner. Anyway, I ordered in a smaller size and different color from Ebay so it wouldn't just be like a clone of the one I've already got. I will update this review when I finally receive it.)

*Update 1/20/13*

So I've finally received the smaller shirts I ordered from Ebay. I bought the L, and the M. So now, I own every single size except for the XXL. Good news - they're a much tighter fit - but even the M (US SMALL) is not skin-tight as I expected and hoped it would be. Alas, the stomach region is still too loose. It does not taper down to compress around small hips or thin waists. And if you have a very low body fat percentage like me, whether you're buff or lanky... you may not be entirely satisfied, at least - if you expected it to look like it does in the product photo on the mannequin. They must have used a pretty big mannequin to get it to conform to its torso so well...or maybe they have an extra small size that they don't sell online. Still, the US SMALL is a vast improvement over the US LARGE I originally bought - now it at least doesn't look baggy or make me look chubby anymore. Doesn't fit like a glove though - except in the chest - that area now has a superior tight fit, and isn't restrictive to my motor functions either.

I guess all that's left to do now is upload some pictures of myself wearing the outfits to show you how each size fits on me, with and without undershirts.

I'm sure there's many out there that don't care if they look like a model while wearing this - and just want a comfortable, cool looking shirt. If that's the case, I feel I might have wasted your time, because all you need to do is just get the biggest size available for the most comfortable fit possible.

Well there you have it. Congratulations by making it this far. Hopefully any doubts or concerns were addressed. I hope I was of some help to you guys and that you all enjoy the shirt! I sure know I did... I hardly go a day without wearing it.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 14, 2012
Verified Purchase
c/p'd from another review done on a sweatshirt from the same seller that i purchased at the same time. i find the fit too large, even the medium(US small). i guess this is an asian line of clothing, and being that i'm actually asian, the original size intended (not international enlarged-size) would have fit me better. i've an athletic build, and it doesn't look bad on me, it's just a casual fit and not fitted as it shows in the picture.

HOWEVER...i do like the style in general and for the fact that i expected long shipping times (assumed that the seller was based on HK or something), and i got it within a week (7 actual, not business days)...i give the TheLees 5 stars for service. i just wish that they would carry asian smalls as well.

edit: actually, it fits fine at the chest, but the belly area, as another review noted...is kinda loose like a normal t-shirt. as reference i'm 5'11" and weigh 140lb...if you're around the same, you won't be showing too much of your figure. btw my bone frame is very small, so it's not that i'm underweight or anything. asian curse i guess.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 8, 2014
Size Name: XX-Large / US X-LargeColor Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
i got the largest size marked "us xl" its not even a us large, it was more like a medium. im 6'3" and 190lbs. not even close to fitting. wish there was bigger sizes
on October 16, 2013
Size Name: Medium / US SmallColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Skinny guys/girls: Get an Asian Medium, and it will save you the trouble. (Unless you want a more baggy fit then get a Large)

Very comfy, Very nice and I don't know what else to say really.
on August 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
Excellent product! I wear it all the time as a t-shirt and sometimes over another shirt. One thing is that it fits short; I ordered a medium and the fit is perfect other than the length so I recommend ordering a size bigger.
on November 24, 2013
Size Name: Medium / US SmallColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I bought this for a gift for my friend and he loves it! It looks amazing and it doesn't look like it was made from cheap quality.
on October 22, 2013
Size Name: Medium / US SmallColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
It fits well and many people stop to ask me about the shirt. Great icebreaker.
I do wish the hood was a little bigger.
on August 19, 2013
Size Name: X-Large / US LargeColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is a great sleeveless hoodie, I wear it often because I'm an anime/manga fanatic. It's very soft and comfortable and it contours to my body shape, I'm 6'4" and when I got this in an XL I knew I should of just got the largest size because the hoodie isn't long enough length wise personally for me but other then that I just wise the buttons were metal and not cheap breakable plastic ones, otherwise great piece of clothing.
on August 6, 2013
Size Name: Large / US MediumColor Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
I love this T-shirt! I wore it to a all white party! The button and zipper on the side of the shirt makes it easy to put on and take off.
on July 6, 2013
Size Name: Large / US MediumColor Name: OrangeVerified Purchase
Love this hoodie, the fabric feels smooth like athletic type fabric and is nice and
soft. Do the research when you order. The sizing is much different than U.S.

I'm 5'7" and 130 lbs and ordered in Large, which would be a U.S. medium.

Love the design, get tons of compliments on the style of this hoodie. Highly
recommend this one ~!