4.0 out of 5 stars Great second book in this series!
I have to say, I really liked this book, despite it's going back and forth in time. Somehow Lexi and Shayla made it work so it added to the depth of the story instead of taking away from it (which I find often happens when they jump back and forth).

Published on December 31, 2011 by Krislyn1481

3.0 out of 5 stars Had hoped for more
Published on January 24, 2012 by Crazy Writer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great second book in this series!, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Their Virgin's Secret, Masters of Ménage, Book 2 (Kindle Edition)

We start out on Christmas eve and Jessa is working her Aunt's hotel bar. In walks some definite eye candy in the form of Burke and Cole. From the very beginning they charm Jessa and end up spending a wonderfully perfect week together. Then comes New Year's day when Jessa realizes it's a new year and she is ready to start a new direction in life with Burke and Cole by her side. But as fast as their worldwind love affair started, it abruptly halts. Burke and Cole got a call from work and need to move now. They vow they love her like no other and will return for her when their job is done.

Weeks turn into months and months turn into a year. Then all of the sudden a man is in Jessa's house trying to kill her and Burke and Cole show up just in time to get her out of her house and watch it blow to smithereens. Someone wants Jessa dead and Burke and Cole promise that she will be safe if it is the last thing they do. Jessa is torn because deep down she still loves these men but knows they have lied to her about things (supposedly to keep her safe), but that doesn't change that they walked out of her life and never contacted her until she was in trouble. Would they even be here if she wasn't in trouble? In her mind, probably not. But Jessa has a secret which will blow Burke's and Cole's minds. Will the guys be able to save Jessa in time from a fate almost worse than death? And if they do, can they work everything out to have a happily ever after? Read on and find out. I'm glad I did!

There's hot menage sex, deep emotions involved, miscommunication and a surprise all wrapped up in a great storyline. Lexi and Shayla do a wonderful job drawing you into a story and keeping your interest until the end. Next in line for this series is Their Virgin Concubine with I believe three brothers from Bezakistan, two of which we meet in this book. I am now anxiously awaiting that release! Keep up the great work ladies!

3.0 out of 5 stars Had hoped for more, January 24, 2012
Crazy Writer (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book hoping for a little more than I got. I understood that the premise came from a fun and sexy twist to the old series romances tropes, but I was under the impression the heroine would have a bit more depth and gumption (kept wanting to smack the girl and tell her to quit acting like a victim). Considering the length of the novel, I felt the organization of the story could have been better done. I quickly grew tired of the flashbacks and the heroes' persistent introspection had me putting the book down to go find something more interesting to read or watch.

Not sure if I'll read the other books in the series if they're all going to be like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy menage read, December 3, 2013
The series just gets better with each book. The story here was really fantastic and I loved the non-linear story telling!! It really added extra drama to the book. It was really easy to follow the switches between present day and the events from a year before. The secret wasn't much of a mind-blowing surprise, but I read a lot of romance so not much gets by me.

This story is even richer and more developed than the last, from the looks of things also sets up stories for the next few books in the series. This are going to get even more dramatic and emotional.

Jessa is a really great character and I loved her from the start. I really loved that when the chips were down and she was in serious danger she did not freeze! She is one of the few heroines that I have read in recent times who did not do the To Stupid To Live moves!! She was smart and actually made clever decisions!! You go guurrl!! She is also sassy and snarky as heck!! Two of my fav traits!

Cole and Burke have that whole yummy twin connection thing. One light and one dark, two halves of a whole, yadda, yadda, yadda. Still they manage to be interesting and not overly cliche.

This is written with a mixed narrative giving all the main characters POV. Really clearly defined and wonderfully orchestrated. I love knowing what is going on on their heads!

The steam here is really deliciously naughty!! Still lighter BDSM, mostly just spanking and a little Dom talk. Bit is was steamy and sensual!! Oh and when Cole uses the Dom voice...melts ya into a pool at his feet! Plenty of menage action, it is was seriously wicked!!

Very excited to jump into the next book!! I hear we are traveling to the Middle East, yummy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and suspenseful...wow!, October 28, 2012
Their Virgin's secret, book 2 in the Masters of Ménage series, focuses on the Lennox brothers... Burke and Cole, whom we briefly met in Their Virgin Captive

Burke and Cole, identical twins, have no one to depend on but each other. Raised by an uncaring, mentally abusive uncle after the death of their parents, Burke and Cole are damaged goods.

His self-esteem shot, Cole believes that he is undeserving of love and affection, while Burke has managed to seemingly overcome the negativity and damage done to his self-esteem...at least on the outside.

Jessa Wade grew up living a privileged life. Tired of trying to please her parents, Jessa decides that she wants to pursue her true love..art. Kicked out of the house and cut off from her parents support, Jessa is forced to rely on her aunt for a job and a place to stay. Having spent all of her time being the good girl her parents wanted, Jessa is determined to live life on her own terms.

Lexi Blake and Shayla Black have done it again with Their Virgin's Secret! I really enjoyed this story, even more so than the initial book in the series. The storyline was exciting and suspenseful and kept me wanting more.

I'm usually not a fan of the flashback scenarios but in this case.... it worked! The story flashes back and forth between the characters first chance meeting one year prior and present day. The flashbacks are very necessary in order for us to get the full understanding of how the characters came to connect and why they now act the way they do.

Although Jessa was a bit unreasonable and naive at times, she managed to hold her own with the twins. I absolutely loved the Lennox brothers...especially Cole. I just wanted to reach out and fix him myself. Dominant and authoritative, yet unsure of himself and wanting to be loved....How could that not tug at your heartstrings? I also liked the way Burke, the more easy going of the pair, cared and was concerned about his brother's well being and wanted nothing more than to help him deal with the issues their uncle caused. He brought that same care and concern into the relationship that he shared with Jessa. The way they dominated Jessa as one and made her ask for what she wanted and needed from them made me swoon. She got over her shyness Real quick. lol The way that the Lennox boys were able to communicate with just their eyes without really "communicating" was a true testament as to just how connected they were. They were truly halves of a whole( as Jessa often stated) and together they made for the perfect man. I'm on the lookout for my halves of a whole now hehe!

Again, I enjoyed the suspense aspect of the novel which kept me up way past my bedtime reading in order to find out what would happen next. It was much more developed this time around and was an integral part of the story.

The menage aspect, while not "in your face" and over the top, served to add to the story without overpowering it. The Dom/sub scenes were tastefully done, in a loving and caring manner which really managed to solidify the connection between the characters. And oh yeah, they were hot, Hot and more HOT!

Black and Blake also introduce us to Rafe and Kade, two delectable Doms of royal descent, whom I suspect will get a whole lot more air time in Their Virgin Concubine..Book 3 in the series.

This Review was originally posted at Nightstand Novels

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful menage, February 19, 2012
This is one of the best menage books I have ever read. My only complaint is that it could have been much longer.
Shayla black is my new favorite erotic romance author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first..but good in it's own right, August 16, 2012
After reading the first book in this series I couldn't wait to read the second. However, this one wasn't as good as the first.
The Lennox brothers; Cole and Burke ( that we first "met" in Their Virgin Captive, are back with their own story. They own their own Security/PI business. Cole is the brooding male that we all hate to love and Burke is the easy one. They meet Jessa a year before the main story happens and there are flash backs to their days together. Jessa has loved them since then and while she tries very poorly to guard her heart in the end they get the girl.
There was a lot more sex in this book than the first and there was not a lot on the plot. I know that the son of the man they put in jail was wanting to make the boys feel as bad as he did when his father was killed in jail, though there was very little action when it came to this. He took Jessa, and within a chapter or so the boys had killed him and his goons and jessa was safe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite..., August 4, 2013
I had a really hard time getting through this book. The style of going back and forth between the present and the past irritated me because as soon as I'd get into the story there would be a switch to a different time and place and it'd be like a bucket of cold water poured over me and any hold the story would start to have on me would be broken.

As an example - the protagonists are fighting against time to get out of a house that's rigged to blow up and the next instant we're reading about Christmas two years prior and leisurely meals, flirting, and sexual innuendo - ARG!!!

I had to trudge through to get into it again. I took lots of breaks in between while trying to get to the finish line and read a few other books in between the time changes. So, for that, I can't say I enjoyed it too much.

The sex good. I like the virgin scenario, as was made abundantly clear in the Defiled Virgin Compilation. But I wanted them to be a bit more forceful and a bit more dominant and more confident in their alpha-ness. I find that a common thread in this series is that the heroes, though advertised as dominant Alpha Males, tend to be quite insecure (usually as a result of heartbreak). That irritates the bejesus out of me.

The rest of the book was okay, but pretty predictable. The stalker/killer/damsel-in-distress theme stays true throughout this whole series, so every one of the Masters of Menage books is going to be pretty similar in that regard. I did get through to the end and, overall, I did like the book enough to finish it. I think the writing was good. I would recommend this book to the ladies who enjoy the virgin fantasy and the damsel in distress fantasy. But, for me, this was not the ideal fantasy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not A Fan Of This One, September 15, 2012
I read the first book and liked it enough to try this one (book two). I did not care for it though. The story line was a little iffy and the back and fourth from past to present got annoying real fast. And Jessa got on my nerves with all her "if she couldn't have them both, she wondered if she shouldn't just walk away" crap. This next part might be a spoiler so look away~ The brothers don't even care which one of them fathered Caleb and Jessa doesn't mind it either. It was just all to weird for me. Don't think I will read book three.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Their Virgin's Secret is a pulse-pounding lust filled romance.", July 4, 2012
A year ago Burke and Cole Lennox left the woman they loved for a mission to save a young girl. When they arrived home it was to discover that Jessa, the woman they both love has married someone else. This crushing blow threw the brothers into chaos. They headed back into the action saving as many women as possible from sexual slavery.

Jessa Wade threw caution to the wind to indulge in a week of bliss with Burke and Cole. She was devastated when they left and never returned. They told her they loved her. She has never gotten over Burke and Cole's desertion. When they come speeding back into her life full steam claiming she is in danger Jessa has no choice but to believe them and give them one heck of a surprise.

Can Burke and Cole protect the woman they love and win her heart again?

Their Virgin's Secret is a pulse-pounding lust filled romance. Their Virgin's Secret starts off with a bang. The excitement and yearning is totally enthralling. I'm not a huge fan of telling a story in flashback fashion but it works here. I really like Jessa and her adamant denial of her feelings for Burke and Cole. She is so certain she is done with the men that left her but she can't fight the heat that engulfs them all when together. Their Virgin's Secret is an erotic romantic feast with a splash of suspense.

Reviewed by Miranda
For Joyfully Reviewed

5.0 out of 5 stars An unstoppable Trio!, February 27, 2012
Their Virgin's Secret, Master's of Menage Book 2 by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake was an exciting book filled with intrigue and lust! I almost cried when Jessa told them that they weren't going to be part of her son's life. I almost cried when it looked like Cole had given up and was willing to step aside. The story over all was great! This was the first book that I picked up by the authors, and I will definitely be picking up more by them!

Rate and Discover Movies