Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 26, 2014
This is an awesome toy! I think that I may like it more than my son does...lol.The only thing was that as soon as it came out of the box the headlights didn't work, BUT that is part of the design. There is a red button next to the headlight bulb. By pressing the button it disables the headlight. Now you have to take the headlight out and press a small metal button on the side. Now, the headlight works again. Reinstall and there ya go. If the red button gets pressed again then the process is repeated. I hope this helps because according to other reviews I thought the headlights were broken, but they are not. Another feature it has is that the ignition switch makes a sound like the engine is running good then, by pressing the red triangle on it the engine sounds strange. Just remove the ignition and press the grey button. Now the ignition will go back to sounding normal.
on November 16, 2013
My son absolutely loves this toy, however, one of the headlights does not work. Very disappointing when you spend this much money on something. I am not even sure how to get in touch with the manufacturer as I would like the opportunity to get a replacement part.

UPDATE: I contacted the manufacturer directly and they shipped me a new, working headlight! Very nice to work with.
88 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2015
This is perfect for my little Mr. Fix it. I ordered it 4 weeks before Christmas. It arrived quickly. I took it out of the box and assembled it immediately because many reviewers complained about broken parts. One of the spark plugs was broken and was not easily repaired with superglue, so I called the company. The representative was very nice and apologetic. She said they would have a replacement plug to me in time for Christmas. The next week it was in my mailbox.
He loves it and plays with it every day. He and my husband discuss the different parts and their functions. Then he educates me and charges me for repairs lol. He is 4 and can take it apart but requires assistance to reassemble certain parts, so I think he will get a number of years out of it. The little race track off the back is flimsy and serves no purpose. This car has so much to fix I don't know why they even bothered with it.
on January 1, 2014
Our 4 year old grandson loves playing with this car station. I was disappointed when we recieved the product that one of the spark plugs was broken and 2 of the red short screws were miss treaded. I wrote an email to the company asking them to replace the spark plug and the screws. I never recieved a reply. Fortunately my husband was able to glue the spark plug, but could do nothing about the screws.
on March 31, 2016
This is a fun toy car/engine with realistic parts that come on and off to fix. Air cleaner, Dipstick, battery, radiator cap, spark plugs, heads, headlights, ignition, tires, break rotors, shocks, bumpers, fenders. My 4 year old granddaughter loves it.

All parts are removable with special screws she can handle.

We went out to my '56 found parts and then went back to her's, found it and fixed it. We are only partway through. We did radiator oil dipstick battery and air cleaner the first day. We climbed under my car to see the brake rotors. I ran my car and we felt the exhaust.

That's a lot for a 4 yr old. This toy will be years of interest.

Small issues
Bad instructions
Hood is attached flimsily in a way a 4 year old can easily pull it off when trying to close it. It just snaps back into the tab. But she couldn't do it.

Headlights work. Put in batteries, push lens to turn them on off. Push red button on side, that "breaks" the headlights. You have to remove them by removing a kid size screw and push the button on the side to fix them. My granddaughter loved "fixing" them
on May 6, 2012
We purchased the Service Car Station for our 3-year-old grandson. He is enjoying it a great deal, "fixing" it and then undoing parts. It has held up well and came to us well protected and packaged so it would not be damaged.

The guys in our families are "car" guys, so they are happy to explain how the different parts work and how he can fix them as he plays. The car station not only has provided the grandson a lot of fun, but he and his dad enjoy playing together with it as a common interest.

We are pleased with the pricing, the toy itself, and the immediacy with which it was shipped and arrived through Amazon.

Thank you all!

The Grandmom
on February 28, 2016
I am now #1 most favored aunt in my 4 year old nephew's life thanks to this car. He loves it! The car has enough "stuff" to keep him busy, and it is durable. It also has some sounds that aren't annoying and lights that work. My sister in law loves that its not a huge toy so it doesn't take up a ton of space. Great for a kid who loves to take things apart! A little pricy but worth it.
on January 3, 2015
This item is a big hit with little boys who like to think they can fix things. My grandson loved the ideal he was repairing a car or checking oil to keep his engine serviced. Wow a wonderful toy made by Theo Klein. I can't wait to see what comes out next....
on December 26, 2015
While I didn't buy this product from Amazon I thought it would still help others to post a review. I ordered this for Christmas expecting my son to love this. He loves pretending to fix his ride on toys "battery and engine."
Well it disappointed us. The instructions are horrible. You get basic picture instructions and no detail of what the product is supposed to do or not do.
Such as the headlight. Is the plastic overlay supposed to be brokento "fix" or is it truly broken?
It took us about 30 mins to realize that there were three separate areas for batteries.
The parts are flimsy and the hood supports are super cheap looking.
I wouldn't recommend it for the amount ot sells for. Think for the quality of parts it should be about $40 cheaper.
review image
on February 16, 2016
This toy is so awesome. It is very educational and provides hours of fun for little mechanics. My son got this for Christmas last year at 2 years old. He was a little young for it but actually caught on quickly and began taking or apart easier each time. He still plays with this a year later. He loves for my husband to get down and work on it with him. I believe we will continue to get years of play from this toy. Well worth the price! !!