5.0 out of 5 stars A revolutionary book for our time and beyond
Published on November 14, 2012 by sachambers

3.0 out of 5 stars An opinion on Consciousness
Published 20 months ago by E. Rodin MD

5.0 out of 5 stars A revolutionary book for our time and beyond, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Theory of Reality: Evidence for Existence Beyond the Brain and Tools for Your Journey (Hardcover)
This book is unlike anything that has come before it. Reading it was a life-changing experience for me. It confirmed what I already intuitively knew, but gave me better access to a higher level of understanding of my deeper self, my life's journey and how I fit into the universe. The scientific concepts are profound, yet I could readily understand them as a nonscientist. The book is destined to become a classic that is translated into many languages and recognized throughout the world.

The first half of this book provides compelling new evidence that shows that you can exist and function separately without your brain; that the you beyond your brain is indestructible, even by physical death; and that the brain and body are simply temporary vehicles for use on this physical plane rather than a person's core identity. Deeply understanding these concepts is fundamental to virtually any form of what has been called spiritual enlightenment, and this book provides the means for such deep understanding unlike any other book that I have ever read before.

The second half of the book provides a host of everyday applications of the new scientific knowledge which can be easily incorporated into anyone's daily life. These are profound insights which allow anyone to look inward to find their own answers to profound and not so profound questions. Methods range from esoteric metaphysical techniques to relatively simple approaches based on twelve key factors.

The TOR makes it clear that everyone has the capacity to accomplish all of the techniques discussed in the book if they are so inclined, and if they dedicate some time and energy to it.

All in all, this is a book that not only allows people to discover worldview-changing concepts and ideas, but also equips and empowers them to "put it all together" and be more effective in life. It allows anyone to take control of their own life journey, and to experience greater inspiration, creativity and happiness on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live a More Enlightened Life Even When Facing Death, March 5, 2013
tmfnyc (United States) - See all my reviews
Nearly 30 years ago when I was practicing law my doctor diagnosed me with a then almost certain terminal disease. I was devastated. Seeking some measure of consolation, I read a book about the five stages of grief which people go through when facing death. It gave me no comfort. I then stumbled upon Dr. Raymond Moody's "Life After Life" which detailed NDEs by some of his patients which gave me a great deal of emotional relief. I also participated in a Monroe Institute retreat on OOBEs.

What is so exceptionably special about Dr. Wiebers’ "Theory of Reality" is that it finally ties these and all other phenomena into a coherent whole with language easily understood by the general public. Dr. Wiebers' authorship demonstrably lends concrete credibility to NDEs, OOBEs, etc. because he is a hardnosed scientist. I wish I also had his book 30 years ago because it contains many proven ways to live a more enlightened and less stressful life even in the face of death.

Additionally, I salute Dr. Wiebers’ chairing the Humane Society Legislative Fund’s board of directors and for his efforts to explain that animals are of the same fundamental essence as humans. His book states "our tendency to fragment our world and see ourselves as separate from…other humans and nonhuman beings is at the root of our neither being at peace as a species nor as a society."

5.0 out of 5 stars Theory of Reality, by David Wiebers, MD, November 16, 2012
David Wiebers's Theory of Reality is an exhilarating read and a perspective-shifting force for each of us who find ourselves at an important crossroads in our life. Wiebers communicates the life lessons he has discovered at the nexus of neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysical sciences with the kind of masterful touch that makes everyone's journey towards greater understanding and purpose a much more accessible and enjoyable experience.

For those seeking greater resilience, perseverance, and productivity; a healthier response to stress; higher energy levels and sharper focus; enhanced physiological wellbeing; and deeper compassion, peace, and happiness - they need look no further. Wiebers's concepts and messages meet us at our own doorstep and are thoughtfully designed to reinforce what we intuitively sense - that there is infinitely more to us, to our consciousness, and to the universe than we currently `know'.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOR is a stunning achievement, February 27, 2013
Dr. David Wiebers "Theory of Reality" is a stunning achievement in modern science and philosophy. Dr. Wiebers has succinctly captured years of research into a single volume and "connected the dots" bridging such diverse topics as neuroscience, quantum physics, and even parapsychology. As a physician, Dr. Wiebers clearly understands the physiological import of what he writes and the meaning that it has for humankind. TOR is a profoundly elegant clarification of these diverse topics and how they (and we) are interconnected to the one whole universe.

For anyone who has been on the journey for the meaning of life and who has spent decades on this path, TOR is without doubt the finest summation of the present state of our understanding of the construct of the universe. His refreshingly humble approach to these earth changing truths will touch the soul of all seekers of such truths. This volume (the first of many I hope) takes complicated subject matter in a variety of sciences and paints a clearly stated position of why we are here, why we are experiencing what we are, and how to find "our place in the universe". There are many mysteries to be solved for each of us, but with the TOR we have a great guide for those individuals who have been searching for a tool to provide the pointers for their research into the greater mysteries of life and existence.

I have been researching many of the areas developed by Dr. Wiebers for decades. He has captured the essence of our understandings in the areas that he touches upon and presents it to the reader in layman's terms. From this position, one can apply the techniques suggested in the book, or use them to do more research in each area to more fully develop a deeper understanding of those themes that resonate with themselves. Taken as a whole, the TOR clearly weaves together a tapestry of interconnectedness into a fabric of oneness that is the universe and how each of us are a necessary, even vital part of the whole.

Thank you Dr. Wiebers for this exciting, seminal work. It will be the basis for needed discussion and consideration for decades to come. I believe it will provide the much needed spark for change in humanities view of itself and point to a path for our peaceful development to the next level as a species.

3.0 out of 5 stars An opinion on Consciousness, June 18, 2013
E. Rodin MD (Sandy, UT United States) - See all my reviews
In as much as this book has been called a "revolutionary discovery" which "cannot be overestimated" by Valerie Feigin, who holds both an MD and PhD degree, the reader may be led to believe that a Theory of Reality (TOR) in analogy to Einstein's Theory of General Relativity has been discovered and presented. This is not the case. Dr. Wiebers is obviously well read and has thought a great deal about the world and our place in it. He has become convinced that materialism alone, which dominates our current culture, is insufficient and must be balanced against the spiritual component of the human being. The book is an attempt to raise our society's awareness of the latter in order to create a better world. This is a laudable effort but in so doing he has overlooked several problems inherent in the TOR.
In order to make our spiritual aspects more palatable to a scientifically minded public he mixed aspects of neurophysiology with quantum physics and phenomena which currently defy explanations such as near-death and out of body experiences. I have discussed Dr. Wiebers' book in more detail in the April 1 Hot Issues of www.thinktruth.com and noted that it fits the characterization of "scientism" as defined by Tart in the Foreword to Ring and Cooper's Mindsight - Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in the Blind. Tart, an emeritus professor of psychology, wrote:
"Scientism occurs when real science is stopped by the psychological process of being too satisfied with the answers we have and becoming intellectually and emotionally invested in them, attached to them. Scientism, more formally defined is a psychological process of taking the current scientific theories that work well about how the universe functions and subtlety [sic] starting to regard them as if they were the absolute truth, beyond any further serious questioning. A theory, always subject to further test and refinement, becomes a Law. Thus the process of science becomes an `ism,' becomes a psychological stopping point, becomes a dogmatic belief system, like many of our most dogmatic religions."
Unfortunately Dr. Wiebers has fallen into this trap and the "evidence" he presents for TOR largely consists of dogmatic assertions, as also noted by a previous reviewer. Although the title refers to "Reality," and "Theory" the words are never defined. "Theory" has two meanings. The scientific one, as noted by Tart, and a colloquial one which roughly equates with "idea." It is obvious that the latter is the case in Wiebers' book, because it does not present a theory which can be subjected to experimental tests. The word "Reality" in the title is likewise not defined and serves as a substitute for consciousness. Although what we call reality does depend on our being conscious of either internal or external events, the two words are not synonymous. For instance, I can be conscious of nonsense, and what is real for me may not be real for you. This is not nitpicking, because if one wants to be taken seriously one has to choose one's words carefully.
The book, therefore, presents Dr. Wiebers views on consciousness rather than reality. Although he recognizes that consciousness, just as reality, has several dimensions he focused on a postulated underlying substrate: "When the term "consciousness" is used in the context of C Unit (Consciousness Unit) or C Field (Consciousness Field) it refers to the basic (fundamental) building block and fabric of all that exists in both the deeper and physical realms (the physical is derived from the deeper realms as described above)." This, what one may call, "unified field theory" is based on quantum mechanics (QM). The attempt tends, however, to disregard certain facts of QM. Although the mathematical equations which underlie the theory have led to important technological applications, physicists still disagree on their correct interpretations. It is, however, agreed that QM does not allow for "building blocks." There are only shifting patterns which are based on probability and dependent upon the type of experiment performed as well as the observer.
Let us now consider the statement: "You can exist and function without a brain." In science, be it quantum physics or whatever else, we have the following chain of events: a human being has some kind of an idea, s/he then thinks about it and decides on a way how it may be proven or disproved, an experiment is then conducted. Its results, which are strictly speaking valid only for the experimental conditions which existed at the time the experiment is performed, are then published and when independently reproduced in another laboratory accepted as valid. None of these steps could be performed in absence of a human brain.
It can now be argued that consciousness is more than experiments and book publishing. Yes this is quite true, but a statement that "Consciousness is the fundamental wave aspect in deeper dimensions, including all of what has been labeled as nonlocal by physicists," does not lend itself to experimental verification and has to be accepted on faith. As far as consciousness of internal events is concerned, and this is what the argument is mainly about, the observer and the observed are one. This applies also to NDE's. Truly independent verification is impossible unless the actual thoughts could be recorded in a form, such as the ECG or EEG, which everyone could have access to.
We can, of course, ignore science and rely entirely on faith. This is perfectly legitimate and it is remarkable that the "revolutionary" insights, which are presented in this book, have been discovered millennia ago by Hindus. When I started reading TOR's "Condensed Messages" I immediately experienced a powerful déjà vu. Some of the leading statements in TOR are: "you are not your brain or body-they are temporary vehicles rather than your core identity. The you beyond your brain is indestructible, even by death. It is important to know your deeper identity (higher self)." Later on we read "The universal intelligence that embraces the entirety of All That Is [also referred to by Wiebers as God] must exist in all macro and micro levels given the intelligent interconnectedness of all that exists."
The Upanishads (Sanskrit for sitting close by and listening) are sections of the Vedas (Sanskrit for knowledge) the oldest Hindu scriptures and can be regarded as the first coherent exposition on consciousness. I have the translation by Swami Prabhavananda and Frederick Manchester which is available at amazon for a pittance but priceless for serious students of the topic. In it we find: "Thus Brahman is all in all. He is action, knowledge, goodness supreme." "The reality behind all these [contents of the world we live in] is Brahman who is pure consciousness. The body is mortal, always gripped by death, but within it dwells the immortal Self ... Rising above physical consciousness, knowing the Self to be distinct from the senses and the mind - knowing it in its true light - one rejoices and is free." "Though old age comes to the body, the lotus of the heart [the Self] does not grow old. At death of the body, it does not die." "By seeing the Self in all things, and all beings in the Self, one goes to Brahman. This is the only way."
It doesn't matter whether we call the "all in all": Self, God, Allah, Brahman or the Tao. The unity as expressed in "Tat Tvam Asi" (That Thou Are), where That stands for the All/Self/Brahman, is the important insight to be lived by. To create the change from mere intellectual awareness of it to an inner reality by which one lives requires either, what is called in the Christian religion, the grace of God, or profound and prolonged meditation on the Absolute. The last section of the book Tools and Techniques provides what may be called self-help towards this goal.
As mentioned the book presents Dr. Wiebers thoughts on this complex field but the "evidence" contained therein cannot necessarily be taken at face value

5.0 out of 5 stars The TOR, December 10, 2012
Dr. Weibers' Theory of Reality (TOR) was an amazing find. I read a piece from Dr. Weibers in the Washington Post and found a copy of his book here last week. I appreciated the multi-layered approach that Dr. Weiber's took in examining this complex subject. Although I am not a Physicist, Mathematician, or Scientist by training, I believe that we are all amateurs in our own way, I truly enjoyed, and even more felt that I could somewhat understand, the key scientific framework behind the TOR. Those who struggle with reconciling science and personal intuition will find this book rewarding.

I would recommend this as a great Holiday gift for anyone who is curious about, well . . . our reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, July 24, 2013
It was a real delight to read this book. Al lines of evidence are very welled-argued and presented. I highly recommend this book to everyone who is interested in the well-argued view that goes beyond the current materialistic paradigm

5.0 out of 5 stars A revolutionary book for our time and beyond, November 15, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, December 30, 2012
Carol (QUEEN CREEK, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
the author does a great job expressing his ideas in a way that I can understand and I am so glad he has offered this book for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, August 1, 2013
This excellent book takes the reader to explore such fascinating topics as Near-Death Experiences ,The Nature Of Consciousness and Life After Death. It argues very well why reductionist explanations of Near-Death Experiences fail, why consciousness cannot be explained by brain alone and why life after death is likely to exist. Highly recommended for all open-minded readers!

$27.00 $21.72