Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on June 1, 2011
Very impressed with this collection. I have been using essential oils for over 15 years but have not bought any in a while and I was running low on some and others had deteroriated. Thought the price for this set was really good, since essentials oils bought individually are pretty expensive. Really nice set, beautifully boxed and wrapped, shipped fast.... very happy with this purchase. I use these oils often for housecleaning. I add them to my murphys oils soap to clean my wood floors (especially patchouli and geranium), makes the house smell wonderfully. I also add these to a mix of alcohol (like vodka) and water and spritz on all my curtains and other fabrics as a linen spray (Lavander and orange are nice for this). Now I am buying a second set for my friends birthday.
on March 31, 2012
If you are sensitive to patchouli, some of these blends may bother you, since 5 of the 7 blends apparently contain patchouli.

That being said, I've used the other oils in the set, I've purchased many more Eden's Garden oils, and I've enjoyed all but those containing patchouli. I use the peppermint oil during the day to give the room a clean and invigorating scent and I scent my bedroom at night with the 'Breath Easy' blend (no patchouli, fortunately!) so my sinuses don't get stuffy at night. A couple drops of lavendar on a clean cloth and put in the dryer gives laundry a nice smell.

The set comes in a very nice box--you can just wrap the box up and give them as a gift. If you think you might be sensitive to patchouli, I recommend the 'Beginners Best of the Best' set instead of this one, although, unfortunately, one of the 14 bottles of oil in that set is patchouli!

I gave this review 5 stars because it is not the fault of the company (or the oil) that I am sensitive to patchouli.
on April 6, 2013
After reading so many 5 star reviews, I purchased this set along with a diffuser. Having used only high-grade organic essential oils in the past, I am disappointed with this set. First of all, many of the blended oils in this set have the same scent. Second, they are not high-grade by any stretch of the imagination. Third, several of them burn our skin when added to our bath, and this has never happened to us before. When I say burn, I mean burns with welts. On a positive note, they work well with my diffuser. As long as you don't use them on your body, they may be perfect for you.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2013
Overall, this is a good deal. This is a great starter kit for someone who is just starting with aromatherapy. It comes very well packaged. There are a couple flaws though. The droppers don't work well. Some of the oils leak as you try to get a drop out and you may end up with way more than you want or a mess. Two of the blends feature patchouli (I believe the meditation and calming blends), which is overpowering and (to me) smells like a mix of stale marijuana, mildew, and body odor. Not pleasant. It is definitely a matter of preference. No one in my family likes it though. When I contacted the company about exchanging those specific blends for other w/o patchouli they said no. If you like patchouli though you would probably like the blends. The thieves blend is great. I used it to make a cleaner, hand sanitizer, and have taken a 'shot' or a few drops in milk to fight off a cold and it works! It also makes me feel really good. I would order the thieves blend again. Overall great oils at a great price.
*Update* The oil blends with patchouli will smell better as they age. Put them away for 9-12 months, then use them. Patchouli smells much better after some time.
on November 16, 2010
I really enjoyed going through my new essential oils. I am a licensed massage therapist and use essential oil as part of my aromatherapy and in my massage oils. This is an attractive set to display and the oils are pure and fragrant. I will definitely purchase more in the future.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
These oils by Eden's Garden are not the least bit inferior to doTerra, Melaleuca, or Young Living. I say this because for most essential oil users, quality and purity is a concern, and many are under the impression that you can only get the best by joining an MLM. Many of the praises for Eden’s Garden come from current and / or former DT, Melaleuca, and YL customers. We have also used virtually every MLM essential oil brand known to man, and this is right up there with the best of them in quality and purity, at a fraction of the price. The reason it is a fraction of the price is because it does not have about 3 to 5 levels of compensations for its representatives built into the margins, which drastically reduces the overhead. That is why many former MLM essential oil distributors who still want to use a great product yet can’t afford the network marketing prices and aren’t making any money with them have tried and like Eden’s Garden. From my experience, and countless other essential oil enthusiasts who have also used doTerra, YL, and Melaleuca, there is no difference in quality, purity or smell with Eden’s Garden. If you are one of the 1 - 5% making great money with an MLM, more power to you! But for everyone else, this oil matches up well with the best of them.
on December 30, 2011
I feel this product is a good mix of oils for newbies like me. There's enough single oils for me to practice blending, but also a good selection of pre-blended oils for when I'm not up to making my own. The only negative about this product is the bottles that the oils are in. It's very hard to get a precise pour from the bottle. There's a stopper on the bottle that's supposed to allow the oil to come out drip by drip but it makes a mess and the drips come out too quickly. I would definitely prefer bottles with eyedroppers glued in the lids for my next purchase.
on July 19, 2013
My guess is there are different grades of essential oils. This would be at the lowest. It is okay. I like the blends and different smells. I burn it in my essential oil lamp but I did do a comparison between Edens Gardens and Young Living. Young Living blew these oils out of the water. You can tell just by the way it burns in the lamp that it is of lower quality. I wouldn't have been able to tell if I hadn't been using young living for soap making, fragrance, etc. If you are okay with a lesser quality then go for it! It would also be a great gift. The packaging is wonderful and beautiful. Presented well and colorful. They also have smaller gift sizes available.
on March 20, 2012
I am so excited about essential oils. I am always looking for ways to make natural cleaning products and natural remedies for colds and other aliments. I started trying these this winter and cant brag enough about how easy and useful they are. I use the breathe easy in my diffuser to help with snooring and cold congestions. It works awesome. I have a favorite cleaning product that is not antibacterial so by adding sweet orange to it , it becomes antibacterial. I could go on and on but i'm still learning and love to use these.
P.S. This company does a good job of packing and shipping these... would highly recommend this collection from Edens Garden
on January 30, 2013
I am very new to aromatherapy but so far the peppermint, lavender and lemon have met my expectations. The reasons I gave this product a 4 is because the oils poor out of the bottles instead of dropping one at a time:-\ . I feel as though I have wasted a good bit. I also don't understand if they are considered therapeutic grade, why certain ones can't be ingested. Are they made without the use of pesticides? I would like to add the lemon and peppermint to my teas. Over all I am pleased with product.