Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: WhiteChange

on July 13, 2014
I had wanted an air purifier for a long time. After comparison shopping, I decided this was probably the best buy given it's affordable cost and permanent filters. I was a little skeptical of how much good it would do since you DON'T replace the filters (what's up with that?) and it didn't rely on Space Age ionic air separation technology to magnetize any particle a picometer wide to a sweet piece of stainless steel.

I decided the best place to install it would be our bedroom (we have no sofa ATM so we spend almost all of our time there). After plugging it in, I quickly noticed that setting 1 seemed to do nothing noticeable. Since I actually wanted it to *do* something noticeable, I cranked it up to 2. My Therapure TPP230M responded by emitting a soft, calming *whiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrr* like a friendly robot fan doing its best to bring me the purity of an Austrian hillside after the spring thaw, and I PANICED. I turned around slowly, expecting to see my wife giving me the death stare for invading her sleep space with noise, but she didn't even notice. When I asked she reminded me that she likes that kind of background noise.

I don't know exactly when I noticed any effects (maybe a day or two), but I have significantly less nasal drainage in spite of the fact that I smoke at present and therefor higher sleep quality. The wife told me that her allergies have mostly gone away while indoors (we have a one bedroom apartment ATM, and one of these is enough for the whole thing). And the catbox isn't the first thing I smell when I come home anymore. It has somehow absorbed most of the stinky smells in all corners of our apartment without being right next to their sources.

This air purifier does a great job. There has been a minimal impact on the way the air *feels*, but there are definitely fewer particulates and stinks floating around.

If you don't like the UV light there is a button on top you can turn it off with. I do this when we go to bed at night. I don't really think the UV light needs to be on 100% of the time for the device to deliver optimal results, nor do I think covering up the light with electrical tape is recommended. Really, if the UV light was *essential* there probably wouldn't be a button to turn it off with, so I don't feel bad turning it off at night. Somebody at the company actually thought that some of us might be annoyed by the light when we were sleeping and included that button in the design. I don't know about you, but knowing that they cared enough to let me choose between having a nightlight and sleeping in perfect darkness gives me warm fuzzes inside.

I would also recommend cleaning the filter at least once a month. The back pops right off and the filter vacuums out easily with a brush of crevice attachment. It's very minimal maintenance. Cleaning out the filter will obviously help it function better, reducing wear on the device, increasing its life expectancy. I guess what I'm saying is, don't throw away the manual and please read it. This isn't a complex device, but you'll be happier with it the more you understand it.

I hope you get one and are just as happy with it as I am. It isn't using enough electricity to notice on the bill and it doesn't produce ozone, which is good because I don't even know if ozone is good or bad. All around a great product. I hope it lasts a long time.
22 comments32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
I haven't seen the product. I had it sent out to my Dad, who had a water leak in the house that created a mold problem. When the purifier arrived and he set it up in the large room he uses a lot, he was able to breathe noticeably better. He even remarked that the darned thing worked so well, that it cleaned all the dust off of the TV and computer monitor screens! The problem in the house was repaired, and he continues to use this product daily. Very satisfied!
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2014
I have had this product for over a month. I bought it because my poodle sneezes and coughs in the springtime. It has eliminated the problem. I have had other air purifiers that you could actually feel the lightness in the air when they were on. Not so with this one. When you leave the room to another, the air you breath feels no different. I bought one for my work office, too. I work in a concrete sawing company and the concrete dust is everywhere. You should have seen what I cleaned out of the filter after only 2 weeks! Love it!
on April 15, 2013
inexpensive and no costly filters to buy..highly recommend runs quiet cleans the room worth ever penny about the cost of a prescription...buy it
on June 28, 2014
If you are looking for very quiet air cleaner, this is not it. we purposely bought it for the GREAT white noise factor. It does a great job cleaning the air as well. Almost same price here as walmart but walmart has tax. Walmart offers extended warranty as well for only 8.00.
Highly recommend this product!
on February 23, 2013
My wife & I could not breath in our room so we bought this air purifier. Before we bought it the air was heavy & we would wake up with headaches, our 4 year old was coughing in the night. Now...we can BREATH.. Under $100 bucks, no more headaches & no more coughing. Love it.
11 comment14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Great machine. Works very well on dust in the air. I have a cockatoo and it helped with his dander.
on June 15, 2013
I didn't get the immediate results that some people claim, in fact I really doubt it could work that fast. However, after running this in my bedroom for a week or so, I had less congestion when trying to sleep. After 2 weeks, I felt I was breathing much better and now, I can breath again! I'm sleeping better and feel refreshed in the morning. It really has helped. I would have given it 5 stars had it not had such bright blue lights that light up my room. I finally had to take some electricians tape and cover over the light. I still highly recommend this device.
22 comments18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2013
I have no complaints about this filter. I've had a few like it over the years, and this is my favorite. The large size means it cleans better.

I live on the third floor of my apartment building, so I contend with black mold, lead paint, and likely asbestos. I also have ash trees outside my window, that destroy me for about a month a year. I bought the filter at the peak of my allergies and it does a good job. I keep it in my bedroom and have it constantly running at the medium setting. I keep the UV light off because I worry about it damaging my cat's eyes. Since I got the filter, I sleep ten times better because I can breath.

It blows my old filter, a Hamilton Beach "Tru-Air" out of the water. It's worth it to get the big version. My buddy has the small version and he says he wishes he bought the big one.
on February 8, 2015
Five years ago, I bought one of those round Honeywell HEPA filters with the yearly replaceable filter for $60, including the carbon filter. Why would I want to spend that money on a paper filter when they collect germs and spawn crap. Seriously, the Paper HEPA units have a huge "CON" in that, in time, they blow more germs and junk into the air than they are removing. So, I read where ION technology is quaintly referred to as "potentially dangerous". 'Oh, by the way...you're new ozone producing ION filter may be giving you and your family lung cancer. Tee hee". Not happening. Thus, I needed a more permanent filter solution, a cheaper one or a washable one with UV germ destroying funkola. Not a whole lot of choices out there meant for the middle class!
I saw the name and thought, "Who?". Then, I read the kind reviews here on Amazon and made the buying decision. Wow. WOW! What a great unit. The first thing I noticed was the sound is like the bi-neural mind-expanding youtube videos for opening your third eye! That's cool because it actually will enhance the quality of my sleep and potentially help me become psychic. For all you folks who don't believe in the voodoo, "it sounds nice and adds great white noise".
The second thing I noticed was the amount of air moving FROM ACROSS THE ROOM! Yes, typical, just like the Honeywell unit, "low" and "medium" are meaningless. So what? I mean, you're going to run the darn thing wide open anyway, you know you are! We all do. And wide open? This unit MOVES some air! Like like.
The third thing was, you know this unit is really tall? I mean, I thought I would have to find something to set it on but no, it's 3' tall and seems to suck the air from the carpet, which is a great thing. That's where all the Schnauzer and kitty funk are at so, this is an ambitious unit. I was annoyed at the price of the "small room" unit. I mean $70? Really? That's too much. Why wouldn't I just wait until I have the money and buy two medium room units for $20 more? The small unit, which this review is not about, is a rip off to me.