Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: There Came A Lion
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on April 13, 2008
This is one of those albums that is just tremendously frustrating to review. Why? Because it's good but also bored the crap out of me. What does that mean, you ask? Well, it means that every aspect of the album - songwriting, production, etc. - was technically great, but there was absolutely nothing that would compel me to play it again. You see, I believe we've reached a saturation point in this genre, and Ivoryline are a victim of that. Great musicians writing and recording music they love, but it just sounds SO much like SO many other bands doing the same thing! And given that, why am I going to put this particular album on when I can bypass it for the albums of the standouts and originators? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I see There Came a Lion as sealing Ivoryline's fate as one of those bands who are continually booked on the big festival tours yet never get bumped up from the side stage. Its too bad, really... if only this album had been released in 2001, they'd have a platinum hit.
[...]
on April 19, 2008
Wow, I can't believe this isn't getting five stars from everyone.

These guys have crafted something very special here. There are a million bands out there that make the same old thing over and over again, and what Ivoryline has come up with is something that, while slightly familiar in style, is beyond most everything in catchiness and melodic progression.

If you take a bit of Anberlin, some Saosin, add some great messages, you're getting close to the sound--and it's frickin' awesome.

Highlights include "We Both Know" and "And the Truth Will End This."

If you want soaring choruses and huge open sounds--there is no need to look further, Ivoryline's your band.
on February 6, 2008
When the song "Be Still and Breathe" hit my ears a few months ago, I was hooked. So, as "There Came A Lion" hit stores, I couldn't wait to purchase it. And while, after 11 songs, the formula in their music may get a little repitivive, this is a first release that will intrigue a large amount of people back towards T&N records. I would suggest it for fans of Anberlin, Saosin, or National Product. Get out and buy it as soon as you can if you like music with great intensity, catchy guitar hooks and heartfelt lyrics..
on August 6, 2008
Ivoryline is one of those bands where you can just put the CD on and listen from the first track to the last and not skip once. Every song is awesome in its own way. I seen them live and it was amazing! I hung out with them for part of the show in the beginning when the opening bands were on and then afer the show. There wasn't many people there so I got a chance to know them. I never met a band as nice and open as Ivoryline was. They are all great guys and maybe that's why I like this band more than others, but the music as well is fantastic, give it a shot.
on February 8, 2008
IvoryLine has a unique style. It has rock, pop, electronics and a little emo. What I like besides the ripping guitar playing is the lyrics. The lyrics are strong. This cd has music for every mood.
on July 28, 2009
Most all of the emo rock section of Christian music has had its fill to the top of the glass and now is spilling over. This is group is one such example. I heard them on a radio station with the single "Heart's and Minds" and was quite impressed by the vocal talent as well as the nice creative guitar riffs. And, being the music freak I am, decided to buy it...well,the love for their music ended not 48 hrs after that. First problem! The guitarists never seem to noticeably change any sort of tone on their guitars...in fact, High Gain distortion is used through the first 10 songs of the album! There are only 11 songs on the album! And even the last track only drops down to a low distorted (overdrive, crunch) guitar through the verses and then picks right back up to the same similar distortion heard through the rest of the album. Now understand! I LUV ROCK!!! But when you make an album an artist or group must have some valley and hills. Well my fellow music lover, they really only stay on their hill and never change much...at all! And as for the emo genre...I think it is time to step aside and come back later after the glass isn't quite so filled and over flowing with same sound groups that seem to be way too similar to each other. This is, I am afraid, a dieing genre...
on May 23, 2008
Ivoryline is a very typical band of the current alternative sytle of rock (same sound, same haircut). The band is good, but they sound so much like other bands (Saosin especially). The singer is very good, and some songs like "Days End" and "Remind Me I'm Alive" are standout tracks, but the rest just mush together and don't differentiate themselves enough to be worth listening to. Other than having a talented singer and somewhat Christian lyrics (some songs like "Parade" are just downright awful though), nothing about this band is different from any other alternative rock group. I recommend downloading the two aformentioned songs, but I don't think the entire album is worth buying.
on July 7, 2008
The album's sound quality and production is excellent, the material...no so much. IvoryLine seems to be a solid band that just fell into the mass market emo/rock genre and never climbed out. The body work is good for a once over, but no tracks seem to really stick out and make you want to listen again.

Don't fall for the, "sounds like Saosin, Circa Survive, or Secret and Whisper" gimick. This album is not on that level.

Overall the album scores a C- in my book.
on December 9, 2008
Ivoryline promises talent but doesn't show it on this album. If you listen through the CD, the tracks get monotonous and boring. The only tracks on the album I enjoy are Parade, Be Still and Breathe, and The Last Words (The latter being my favorite). They promise talent, but will they show it in upcoming records? We can only wait and see.
on January 17, 2010
Probably the best new CDs i bought last year. Every song it truly unique. The band has a very original sound and has a lot of potential. Do not be afraid to buy this cd its worth much more than it is selling for! you won't be disappointed!