Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow!
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 2, 2006
My kids loved this book!! They are too old for picture books but still think it's funny. We have a collection of several "There Was An Old Lady" books, and this one is the funniest. There is one line that says"There was an old lady who swallowed a scarf. She tried not to barf." That part never fails to crack my kids up!! And the end of the book is really cute. This would make a good Christmas gift for a boy or girl, aged 4-8.
on December 20, 2013
As fans of the Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly book, we were eager to try this one, after reading the reviews on here. We were actually pretty disappointed in this, as it simply does not compare to the children's classic.
My 7 year old thought it was somewhat funny, but none of my other children liked it. I actually thought it was a little weird and gross, to be honest. The woman swallows coal, sticks, a pipe, a hat, snow, and a scarf. In itself, this isn't an issue (since the woman in the fly book swallows far worse!) but at the end, she basically vomits up all of the contents that then turn into a snowman...it says she hiccups twice, but the illustrations show all of the contents coming back up and out of her mouth, and flying across the page. Three of my children thought she was throwing up. I thought it looked that way too. I really wasn't impressed at all.
on March 30, 2016
I love singing stories to my elementary students in music class. Over time, the students learn the tunes as well and sing with me. They enjoy visuals which is why the thought of musical "story time" is usually a success for me. I own almost all of the "There Was an Old Lady" stories. There are books for each holiday and season. The students always become excited when they see one of these books in my hand to "read-sing" together!
on February 14, 2007
I teach special ed. preschool and the kids love this book. It is easy to follow and the pictures are a lot of fun! It's one of their favorites.
on January 24, 2008
I have a collection of "Old Lady Who Swallowed" books and I was a little disappointed when I read this one. The sequence and rhyming are not as fluent as some of the other books. The ending was cute but this book is not as good as the original "Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly"
on May 14, 2014
OUR OLDEST SON LOVES THIS STORY DUE TO HIS 3RD GRADE READING IT IN CLASS EARLY IN THE SCHOOL YEAR, SO I PURCHASED THIS ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHERS FROM THE SERIES ALONG WITH GETTING THE STORY ON DVD....DEFINATELY HAD TO GET HIM THIS ONE SINCE HE IS BIG ON CHRISTMAS, ITS HIS FAVORITE HOLIDAY....AM SURE IF IT WAS YEAR ROUND, HE WOULD BE IN HEAVEN.....LOL.
on December 23, 2013
I have several of these books from Lucille Colandro for my preschoolers. The sequencing of some are better than others and this one has to be one of my favorites. The cold lady begins with swallowing snow which leads up to building a snowman. The kids really enjoy it and like seeing what comes out at the end. I use it as a read aloud when we start talking about winter and pair it with a sequencing activity.
on October 30, 2014
There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow by Lucille Colander
Love this kids book especially for those who do not get a lot of snow. It starts out with a woman who swallows some snow and then other items.
I only listened to the story, I had no pictures in front of me. Sounds like a great story and questions you can ask the child before things happen on next pages asking what the child knows by looking at the picture.
Love the elements, snow, pipe, coal, hat and a stick and a scarf. Love all the rhyming words as well, makes this a silly story for any child. You do find out at the end why she did what she did....
on February 11, 2014
I thought 3 and 5 year old grandchildren would like these versions of an old favorite. They did not. They like ONLY the original and ancient "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly." And you can sing that one. ;-)
on October 20, 2007
Have been reading cumulative tales to children learning English. I really like these because of the repeated lines. This book is very funny and made kids who have never seen snow in their life laugh and laugh months before snow arrived. Terrific ending! Have given this book as a gift!
There Was a Bold Lady Who Wanted a StarSIN:0873588983 There Was a Coyote Who Swallowed a Flea]][[ASIN:0805069003 There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Trout