5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book!
Published on October 2, 2006 by Anthony L. Dillon

3.0 out of 5 stars Off Key
I have a collection of "Old Lady Who Swallowed" books and I was a little disappointed when I read this one. The sequence and rhyming are not as fluent as some of the other books. The ending was cute but this book is not as good as the original "Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly"
Published on January 24, 2008 by C. Carbajal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book!, October 2, 2006
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
My kids loved this book!! They are too old for picture books but still think it's funny. We have a collection of several "There Was An Old Lady" books, and this one is the funniest. There is one line that says"There was an old lady who swallowed a scarf. She tried not to barf." That part never fails to crack my kids up!! And the end of the book is really cute. This would make a good Christmas gift for a boy or girl, aged 4-8.

3.0 out of 5 stars Off Key, January 24, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book, February 14, 2007
Beth (Fairfax, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I teach special ed. preschool and the kids love this book. It is easy to follow and the pictures are a lot of fun! It's one of their favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow is in the air, October 20, 2007
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
Have been reading cumulative tales to children learning English. I really like these because of the repeated lines. This book is very funny and made kids who have never seen snow in their life laugh and laugh months before snow arrived. Terrific ending! Have given this book as a gift!
There Was a Bold Lady Who Wanted a StarSIN:0873588983 There Was a Coyote Who Swallowed a Flea]][[ASIN:0805069003 There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Trout

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't compare to the lady who swallowed the fly book...We found it to be weird and sort of gross, actually!, December 20, 2013
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
As fans of the Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly book, we were eager to try this one, after reading the reviews on here. We were actually pretty disappointed in this, as it simply does not compare to the children's classic.
My 7 year old thought it was somewhat funny, but none of my other children liked it. I actually thought it was a little weird and gross, to be honest. The woman swallows coal, sticks, a pipe, a hat, snow, and a scarf. In itself, this isn't an issue (since the woman in the fly book swallows far worse!) but at the end, she basically vomits up all of the contents that then turn into a snowman...it says she hiccups twice, but the illustrations show all of the contents coming back up and out of her mouth, and flying across the page. Three of my children thought she was throwing up. I thought it looked that way too. I really wasn't impressed at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was terrible, December 2, 2011
ioana1 "ioana1" (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
This was rather terrible. It just trailed off. It didn't make sense at all, funny or otherwise. At the end it didn't even rhyme. I'm sorry, it just hit a dead note.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book review, February 5, 2008
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
THIS BOOK IS REALLY CUTE AND ALWAYS GETS A GOOD LAUGH OUT OF MY DAUGHTER AS WE READ IT TOGETHER. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK BECAUSE IT IS VERY INTERACTIVE AND IMAGINATIVE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprise ending!, December 2, 2007
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
I have begun collecting There was an old lady.... themed books to use with students. This one is one of their favorites because of the alternate ending.. that's a winter suprpise! Great book to read to young and older students.. one line doesn't rhyme that well, but it can also be used as a teaching point.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun book, July 7, 2014
E. Brown (Champaign, Illinois) - See all my reviews
a fun book for children

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun book but..., June 11, 2014
Yong Lee "eastbay dad" (Alameda, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! (Paperback)
The product is as advertised and no surprise.
But really disappointed with the packaging especially because the books were new.
All the books in the package was bent and crushed in all four corners.

There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow!
There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! by Lucille Colandro (Paperback - December 1, 2003)
$6.99 $6.29