Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 14, 2011
As a preschool teacher, I knew from the title that is could be sung to the "I Know An Old Lady" tune, but wasn't sure about the content even after reading the description. I'm a HUGE fan of sing-along stories and the "I Know An Old Lady" books are no exception. I didn't know what to expect, but when I read through it, I was glad I bought it. So far, ny children [even the boys] have asked me to read it everyday [15 days and counting!]. I highly recommend it for any and everyone who loves sing-along stories and "I Know An Old Lady".
on March 1, 2012
This book is a must-have for all little girls! I bought this for my 3-year-old daughter as we love "There Was an Old Lady." The rhymes in this book are hysterical and the illustrations are colorful and engaging. Highly recommend it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2013
There Was an Odd Princess Who Swallowed a Pea by Jennifer Ward and illustrated by Lee Calderon is another in the large collection of "old lady" books. This book stars a cute princess who swallows all sorts of princessy things (like a rose and a pea and a throne) and then with each refrain she burps with glee (which makes the kids giggle and giggle). The illustrator placed a line with pictures of each thing in succession on each page making it easier to sing or read. This book is a hit with the kids and is one they request often (the boys enjoy it as well as the girls).

I recommend this book for kids 4-8
on October 27, 2012
The book looked very cute and had potential, but it failed to produce a reason why she was eating all of the various items and people. The ending rhymes but that is it. It is not cute and does not come up with a reason behind eating the items like The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves, Bat, etc...... books.
on December 9, 2012
Good quality and great illustrations. Lots of silly giggles! I bought this book because my brother had been trying to sing the
original Old Lady Who swallowed a Fly to my niece and I thought she might find this book fun as well. She thought it was silly but wanted it read over & over.
on November 28, 2012
I bought this book on a lightening deal and it was a steal! The pictures are beautiful and I think it is actually a softer, gentler version of "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". That one just seems scary to me! I have a princess loving toddler and I know this will be a hit (I'm saving it for Christmas). If you have a princess lover, buy this book!
on March 5, 2013
This is a really funny book about a princess swallowing all kinds of fairy tale things. It's silly and really fun to read to my daughter. The illustrations are awesome and the formatting on the Android Kindle app is perfect.
on January 15, 2013
Beautiful illustrations and fun repeats like There was an old lady who swallowed a fly. However the princess swallows a pea, slipper, crown, rose, wand, witch, prince, queen (her mom?) moat, castle; then burbs and (she) lives happily ever after. There is a maliciousness that I didn't like (i.e. eating 3 people destroying a house and no consequences to her).
on November 26, 2012
Even at a discounted price, I am disappointed with a book that was so highly rated. Basically a rip-off of the old lady who swallowed a fly, but with a creepy little girl that eats people. 3 stars because my daughter thought it was funny that the girl burped a lot.
on August 6, 2015