Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2004
This is the first of this series that I purchased and I was so surprised. I had been looking for books that would introduce science concepts to children under 4, and thankfully, this series does it. I do not think all of the books are equal with their rhyming style, but this is one of the best ones. This book introduces each of the planets, some constellations, the moon and the sun.
on November 21, 2003
My 4 year old LOVES this book. It presents accurate information about the planets in a simplified, fun way that young readers (and parents, too) enjoy. If your budding astronomer or astronaut is looking for simple, fun, colorful books about space, this is the best!
on October 17, 2001
I cannot say how impressed I am with The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library, they truly are wonderful books. There's No Place Like Space! is fun to read and helps children understand space and our solar system in a fun rhythmic way. My son loves this book and has shared it with his pre-school class with high praises from his teachers. The information in this book will give a young child a good base of knowledge for future learning.
on March 25, 2000
This book is wonderful! I feel that any time a book sparks the interest for young people it deserves high praise. My daughter enjoys all of the books in the Dr. Suess Learning Library Series, but especially this one.
on September 25, 2004
Although these books are not written by Dr. Suess, they follow his rhyming format fairly well and use the well known characters of: Cat-in-the-Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and Sally and Dick. Since most kids are familiar with Cat in the Hat, the use of these characters to teach non-fiction works well.

There's No Place Like Space covers all the planets in our Solar System, the moon, and touches on the constellations. The information on the planets is brief, think School House Rocks Interplanet Janet, since about the same amount of information is provided here. The book is great for introducing young children to the concepts of planets and the solar system, and is enjoyed by the children I read it too.
on October 23, 2007
The concept of this learning book is fine and it is a good book to introduce young children to space. I read it to my 4 1/2-year-old granddaughter and she enjoyed it. However, about half of the poems could have been much better. They lacked proper poetic cadence. A few seemed very ordinary. The publisher surely should have asked the writer to improve them. The statement that the spinning Earth will never slow down is technically incorrect. That's a fine point, but it would have been easy to present the idea correctly.
on January 25, 2016
My kids (ages 8 to 10) all really enjoyed reading this.

We have been learning about the Solar System and this went along very well with our studies.

It's a very basic overview as far as information goes, about Pre-K/K level in my opinion. But a super fun read that we all enjoyed; from special needs to grade 3 (even mom whose about had it with the planet song).
on October 6, 2006
I had to go to the bookstore last night to purchase a new book to read to the preschool class I teach. I can say without a doubt this was enjoyed by ALL the children. SO easy to read and accurate too :) They all enjoyed it and I am VERY happy to add this to my book collection!!
on January 12, 2016
I am constantly trying to find ways to feed my 5 year old's love of space. He knows all the planets, many different aspects about each planet, their sizes, their moons, the notable stars, the black hole, comets, meteors, the ISS, you name it. I am amazed at his knowledge level and especially the fact that I didn't teach him any of it. The educational space videos on the Angry Birds space app deserve the credit for kicking off his knowledge and interest in space. I only came in later to supplement with reading materials and tangible visuals. Being an educator I understand the importance of taking advantage of children's love for learning. He is so welcoming of new scientific information that I would be amiss not to find various ways to entertain his brain with space facts.

I purchased the National Geographic Kids First Big Book of Space (which is a book I wish I could give 10 stars - and I have a review on that page) and this Dr. Seuss book for Christmas. We have a deep love for Dr. Seuss in our home, and it just so happens that he and my son turned out to share the same birthday (random and useless fact :-). But I said that to say that my son also has a love for Dr. Seuss and feels like Dr. Seuss (whom he calls his friend) wrote all of his books just for him, LOL. The National Geographic book has vivid imagery, with the facts presented in more of an educational format with chapters, introductions, etc. so it is great for serious learning. This book (while not written by Seuss) follows in true Dr. Seuss fashion, with humor, fun words and phrases, creative rhymes, and laughable images. I like the mnemonics used to reinforce learning, though I was concerned about this because my son already knows the content and I did not want him to get confused. So far this has not been a problem. Even though the information is familiar, the Seuss-speak draws my son to this book day after day. It is one of his chosen books for bedtime reading.

This book is creative, educational, accurate, and entertaining. Definitely a must-have for any little space lover.
on August 25, 2015
We LOVED oh how do you say Dionsaur which was another book in this series. My son learned so much from that book that we started buying the other subjects in this series. None of them quite lived up to the impact the dinosaur book had. This book was not bad though.