There's Nothing More Disgusting.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2006 2:32:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 29, 2013 1:05:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2006 12:47:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2006 2:20:12 PM PDT
Shannon says:
I read the book and you dont need to read it to realize that she is one of the most self absorbed, non-informed, ignorant, close minded woman on this planet. Oh.. and if it was your Dad or Brother being held in the prison camps over in Vietnam during the war and her protesting delayed their release, you would hate this women too. There is only one Flag in the USA. Many-a-Man has died for that Flag! If you dont like it, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2006 5:39:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2006 5:42:58 PM PDT
Mark Twain says:
Why are we not surprised to see a bunch of liberal traitors slobbering over another liberal traitor?

Liberals are most duplicitous, evil, immoral people on the planet.

The topic starter has hacked my name. I did not write those things. I think Jane Fonda is a traitor and should be immediately jailed.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 1:25:15 PM PDT
Kathy_in_NEO says:
I am really tired of hearing people continue to slam Ms Fonda because of what she did as a young person. Can a person never redeem themselves when they make a mistake? She has met with Viet Nam Vet groups and apologized profusely over and over again. What more can she do? Many people got caught up in the anti-war activities of the 60's and early 70's and did things they now regret. Unfortunately, there have been many lies spread about what happened during Ms Fonda's time in Hanoi that has only served to make it seem worse than it was. One example is that a POW gave her names of other prisoners to pass along to our military and she alledgedly gave them to their captors. This is a total falsehood. I do believe that what she did was wrong but I also believe in forgiveness and redemption.

Shannon - you said her protesting "delayed" the release of POW's - care to cite a reliable, impartial source for this assertion?

As for those of you calling her immoral - that's ridiculous. I'll tell you what is immoral - invading a country under false pretenses and killing hundreds of thousands of their citizens! Or creating a war because, as Secretary of Defense, you helped pass new rules that privatized parts of the military and then you go to work for (and earning millions off of) a company that benefited greatly from the privatization. That's immoral!

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:50:50 PM PDT
I would not recommend this book due to the fact that she is not big enough to say how badly she hurt our men in Vietnam by her betrayal. Say what you will about people who are angry at the things she did. Talk to those who suffered because of her actions. Or I guess you really can't since so many of them died at the hands of the Vietnamese. What a waste of money.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 3:05:13 PM PDT
Good Golly says:
She only apologized over a photo of her in an anti-aircraft gun. Acknowledging your heinous acts and then asking for forgiveness is the first step but until this day she has not made it to that step.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 5:23:30 PM PDT
Kathy_in_NEO says:
Yes, she only apologized for that photo. The reality is, she was only one of about 300 Americans who had gone to North Vietnam during the war. She did in fact bring letters for the POW's from their family and received letters from them to take back with her. All the things that have been said through the years are just BS lies. All these people who make up lies about her trip there are really no better.

Ms Fonda's actions should be taken in context with the times. Our soldiers (really all of America) were being lied to by our own government. Ms Fonda wanted to do something, however misguided she was, to bring attention to this fact

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2014 2:38:17 PM PDT
Bravetart says:
There has to be one of you (Jane Fonda hater) joining the posts of mostly thoughtful, intelligent readers of her book. Many veterans do not agree with you in your portrayal of her visit to North Vietnam as a young woman
in protest of the war. I certaininly did not like her doing so but can forgive her for wanting to save young Americans from being killed or injured in a conflict we never should have gotten into!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  My Life So Far forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My Life So Far
My Life So Far by Jane Fonda (Hardcover - April 23, 2005)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (265)