Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: There's a Time
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 27, 2013
Admittedly, I am not much into blues; I usually listen to classical and jazz. But I'm always on the lookout for exceptionally well recorded and carefully produced music regardless of genre. I came across some of the positive buzz about this CD on a discussion forum so I decided to take the plunge and order it. It kind of reminds me of Muddy Waters Folk Singer album, which is a classic. Mr. MacLeod's talent as a blues singer/songwriter is evident from the get-go as is his artistry as an acoustic guitarist. And the sound quality is top drawer, competitive with some much higher priced SACDs, K2HDs, XRCDs, etc. Because of the minimalist nature of this kind of acoustic blues music (a single voice and a single acoustic guitar supported only by bass and drums), it's not the type of CD that's likely to appeal to the masses, but it will make a nice addition to any blues or audiophile collection. My only disappointment with the CD is that the vocal on a couple of the tracks is talking, not singing. For me at least, listening to "talking blues" tracks gets old after a only a few listens. It's only because of the inclusion of "talking blues" tracks that I give the CD four stars instead of five.
on April 27, 2013
Played a few of the samples from Amazon, and then ordered it. A few days later received the new Stereophile, and Absolute Sound and they both had write ups about the album.

Coincidence, think not? It is that Awesome!
on October 3, 2013
Doug is an artist of the best kind, his work is always stellar, he cares about the audience/listener. Have purchased all his works and never been disappointed. His live performances are always a prize to add to your memories. He is a story teller and as you listen to his songs you smile. Plus he is a warm and friendly guy. I have talked with him briefly at different times he hits Portland area. He cares and it shows in his music.
on June 10, 2014
This is my first exposure to Doug MacLeod's music. It wont be my last.
Over the past 5 years I've been immersing myself into the old (and new) country blues artists. The journey has been well worth it. I have discovered so much great music. And so here is Doug Macleod. In the tradition of Charley Patton, Son House, Buddy Moss and so many other great artists, he's right there. Not a replica but a modern country blues original. Great songs. Great guitar. With all the power and emotional delivery I want from a blues player.
This is real music at its best.
on April 17, 2013
Beautifully recorded, this CD is a no-brainer if you're a Macleod fan. Especially nice sounding if your player decodes HDCD.
on June 10, 2013
This is definitely one of Doug's best albums. It is a nice variety from uplifting toe tapping songs to slow haunting words and melodies and a lot more. Uniquely 'Doug'.

I would highly recommend it!
on August 17, 2013
Great music. The performance is also very well recorded by Reference Recordings. It is in HDCD which improves the recording quality for players blessed with an HDCD decoding chip. It still plays fine and sounds great on a non HDCD player.
on September 9, 2015
Had never heard Mr. Macleod until we went to a jazz festival. I can see why this album earned him honors. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of his song "Your Bread Ain't Done." We heard that live and it was hysterical!
on July 3, 2013
A great CD. Doug is the best blues singer out there. buy it now and enjoy,you won't regret it. Fantastic!
on July 11, 2013
I'm embarrassed that I did not discover Doug until recently. This album is absolute genius thru and thru. Soulful, deep, heart touching and simply amazing. He is a true and pure talent who makes me smile and reflect when I listen to him. Check out all of the other music he has out there. Every album I listen to is like meeting old friends. Simply brilliant!