Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on May 23, 2009
I have had a very bad low back for 30 years including low back surgery. I have had ever type of shot and treatement available. After all is said and done these heat wraps are the best relief I have found. I do not wear them at night but during my work day. They fit nicely under your pants and are very thin. They are not cheap but this is as cheap as I have found them. I find that after using them for a week or so I will go to something else like a Tens uinit for a week and then back to the heat wraps. Using them all the time for me causes them to lose some of the relief they provide. I have never had a side effect and have used them for a couple of years.
on May 20, 2009
Have used these in the past and they are wonderful. Low level of warm heat works up to 12 hours even though box says 8 hours. They are very pricey in the stores, but savings with Amazon was over 30%! Although instructions say not to use the lower back heat wraps while sleeping, I have used them while asleep with no problems. However, would not do so while sleeping if I had any skin allergies or issues.
on July 5, 2015
ThermaCare wraps for lower back have been my go-to for back pain relief. The product is excellent. However, at least in my town, they only make the product in Small/Medium and Large/XLarge. The Small/Mediums fit me fine about 25 lbs. ago, and I'm very small-framed; however, now they are too small for me. I'm wearing one now out of desperation but it's literally cutting into my stomach and I won't be able to take it for much longer despite the good it's doing my lower back. I've bought the Large/XLarge before, but they are too big and they slide up so that it's as if I am wearing a chest wrap, but a loose one; hence it doesn't focus the heat on my lower back. If there was some way, perhaps with medical tape, that I could tighten the Large/XLarge size it would be fine, but the product is too flimsy to attach your own version of velcro. At anywhere from $5-8 dollars a pop for a box of two wraps, it's really become not worth the money to buy this product anymore.

I have attempted to put this same complaint on the ThermaCare site, but their email system is so particular that it keeps refusing to allow to submit the complaint because I'm including something it disallows in the text.

But yeah, if you are very small or very large, this product (at least the lower back wraps) is just the thing for you. If you're average, don't waste your time because it will be too uncomfortable to wear and will either do your back no good or leave a deep rut in your abdomen after wearing it for a couple of hours. I've heard there is some product you can buy that works the same as this product, only is something that can be used over and over again. That's how I ended up on Amazon tonight, looking for that product, but it led me here instead.
on December 6, 2008
Not only do these heat wraps help soothe everyday aches and pains, but they are AMAZING if you have really bad back labor during delivery. These are a must for any woman going into the hospital to have a baby. They feel so good and relieve the pain!
on December 25, 2013
I do get a lot of back pain and these do help. The heat lasts a long time too. Once I used it on a spasm in my neck as well. I think they're good to have around because I can't sleep if I'm in a ton of pain
on July 21, 2010
The old style was great-relief lasted for hours-I had knee wraps mainly -used daily for weeks-back ones worked great also (old style) New ones very little heat wasn't worth buying
on May 4, 2016
They changed the design of these and I am highly disappointed. Before, they got much warmer and they actually fit. The new ones: I won't buy again. I'm a size 4 and the S/M that are supposed to fit up to a size 8 are so tight that they cut into my skin and are terribly uncomfortable. I read another similar review about the S/M size and it also said that the L/XL size is too big. So there doesn't seem to be a happy medium. Can't understand why they had to mess with a good thing. Definitely not "new and improved", no matter what they say. Will just have to rely on my old fashioned heating pad.
on September 10, 2015
Since I know the back wraps work good I gave this 3 stars but the description said back and hip therapy. My husband has to have both hips replaced and has to have a back operation also so I thought this would be great until the operation. No where on the box I got did it say anything about hip therapy. Its not going to reach his hips either.
I'm big on the description being what it says it is because I am disabled also and I depend on what I read to be true. I just felt bad when I saw this because my husband already has some and I thought I was going to be able to help him more.
on February 8, 2013
I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and was looking for something to help with the pain. Thermacare HeatWraps were suggest to me when looking for an all day type heating pad. After using one of the wraps, my first thought was---where's the heat? They weren't even warm. I have hand warmers to put in mittens that get warmer then Thermacare HeatWraps. I am sorry to say that I can NOT recommend this product. It is expensive, and ineffective.
on February 21, 2016
Nothing better to relax your back to reduce pain!