Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 26, 2012
I looked forward for the last year to getting a pair of these and finally did. I charged them and put them in my boots, wearing the type socks that Thermacell recommends. My first day out, the temp only went down to 31 degrees F. I couldn't even tell they were there when they were on the high setting. I talked with a rep a Thermacell who stated that as long as they were coming on, which they are, that they are working correctly. Thermacell has a video, which the guy I talked with said was his, that shows the temp getting to 110 degrees F. When asked about that, he told me that the sensor that shows to be just dropped down in the boot was actually directly on the TINY warm spot on the insole. I wanted to try another set but he was disinterested in that and did not mind one bit that I would be asking for a refund. Terrible, terrible customer service.
Save your money. If you're going to have cold feet anyway, you might as well do it with an extra $120 in your wallet.
1010 comments254 of 278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2012
Do not work well! I think the heating area is in the wrong area. Should be closer to toes? Did not last long enough.
11 comment104 of 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2013
I spent $100 for this?! Not only am I disappointed, it should be considered false advertisement. They don't heat up at all. I am an avid hunter in the north east and have been going back an forth about purchasing these for a while now. i decided to get them when 1 weekend it dropped to 4 degrees and my feet were frozen. The next weekend I was armed with these bad boys and it was about 14 degrees out. I was worse off than before.

They are way to thick so your toes will be cramped, they don't heat up at all, and don't even think you can charge them in between your morning and afternoon hunt...because they take 4 hours to charge after having them on for, we'll I don't know because I didn't feel it turn on and off.

It's a great idea, but maybe some more time was needed to think things through...the company should have got some real people to test it (eg. Hunters, fishermen/women, and other out weather outdoors people).

I found heated socks for a third the price that actually work.
33 comments123 of 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
They did not heat up. Called Thermacell's customer service. We are sending them back to Thermacell so they can look at them.
0Comment59 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
Did not like up to my expectations. Paid much more than there worth. This was a surprise, I have several Thermacell products and this was a let down.
0Comment35 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
Was very disappointed at the performance of the insoles, but didn't find out just how little they worked till I got in blind to duck hunt. Feet nearly froze from the get go. Would never purchase again.
0Comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
Worthless. Didn't work at all. My feet were never so cold this deer hunting opener. Not sure If the ones I recieved are defective Of they are just that Bad.
11 comment45 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Don't waste your money. 3 of us bought these and 3 of us had cold feet!!! Do not work at all. Well I guess they would be ok if you live in Florida. Stick with the hot hands disposable ones....
0Comment72 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
Give em room, wear medium to light socks, and don't let the cold set in before turning them on.
I'm happy with them and will recommend to all my friends.
on December 27, 2014
Makes the boots kinda tight, and what happens when the boots are tight? Your feet get cold. :/
Not as warm as expected, would not buy this again.