Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on September 2, 2010
I have these curtains in "Sky Blue" and in "Navy Blue" for my daughter's and my son's rooms, respectively. The navy curtains are complete black-out curtains - they let no light in through the curtains themselves (there is some slight light from the tops and the bottoms where the curtains do not meet the wall - I would think this is to be expected). I was so thrilled with them that I bought the lighter blue curtains for my daughter's room. The Sky Blue curtains are NOT complete black-out curtains. They are heavy-duty and they do block more light than other brands of non-black-out curtains that I have in other rooms, but they do allow some back-lighting shining through, which is disappointing.

However, they do seem to work very well to keep temperatures in the room down. I suspect that the darker colors work much better than the light colors at preventing light, but all both colors do a nice job as thermal curtains. I like the material, and the colors are well-represented on this page. Overall, I am pleased, but people should be aware that they will need to purchase dark colors in order to get black-out curtains.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2012
I ordered the beige curtains, and they block a little less light than I had expected based on the customer images, but they are still perfect for what I need. I didn't want black out curtains, but rather, something that would decrease the sun's heat in my Florida room throughout the day. The light still seeps through the curtains, but the heat is kept a little more at bay with these. They are also nice and soft, made of good material. I would recommend and am purchasing a second set for the other window in the room.
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
I got these things because my kids always wake up when the sun rises, which is awful. These things fixed that.

They're also great for the summer when you have to put them to sleep while the sun is still out at night.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
I desperately needed great blackout curtains for when I have to work nightshifts..and these are AMAZING! I ordered the black set and (compared to a previous "blackout curtain" purchase from a department store) these are beyond compare. The sun rises in my bedroom window and even with the bright sun shining.. it is almost COMPLETELY pitch black in my room. I can't speak for any of the other colors but if you truly need "black out" buy black! If you don't like it for your color/decor scheme, do a second set of curtains of your choice on an outer rod.. (Which is what I did!). Also, side note.. The fabric of these curtains is very nice, high quality. The width was a little long for my window so where it bunched up, there was some light peeking through the bottom.. so I cut the seam on the bottom part of the curtain on the side>>Just big enough to fit a skinny pvc pipe, put that in the bottom pocket trim and now it's just heavy enough to lie flat against the wall, even with having extra fabric scrunched up. And literally no light is coming through!!! The pictures I took are 30 seconds apart!!!
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2014
these things really do filter 99% of light. You can tell its day outside, but you will not be disturbed by light. The curtains are held on the rod with loops, kinda like belt loops. so you can easily get the two sides to over lap each other so as to not worry about light getting through the middle. and the curtains aren't scruffed like the look in the picture, you can draw them out most of their length. So if you have about a 48" or less window, you'd only need one curtain to cover the entire thing.

They do mask sound somewhat, but not enough to really list as a feature. However the heat these things refract is amazing.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2013
I bought the Black curtains and absolutely love them. They have my bedroom so dark, they're not as heavy as I thought they would be. So using a 5/8 curtain rod does an excellent job of holding these up. They have a nice silky smooth feel to them and the length is perfect. Before these my bedroom was freezing, I had to sleep in layers just to stay warm. These curtains insulate pretty good, they knock out most of the chill that was coming through my drafty windows.
review image review image
on August 22, 2014
There are already a ton of reviews on here telling you that these are good curtains, but I just wanted to point out a few things. First of all, it is a curtain set, so that means it comes with 2 curtains (as pictured). I wasn't sure about this at first, so I just wanted to clarify. I also wanted to make a comparison to the curtains available at walmart. I regretfully made the decision to try walmart curtains first, and I was very disappointed. They have "blackout" curtains there with 3 different rankings; good, better, best. I ended up buying the "best" and it still did very little to block light, even though I have shades behind my curtains. Additionally, it was $20 for only 1 curtain; it wasn't even a set like this one on Amazon. So really this set is cheaper than walmart and performs drastically better. Honestly, these block 99% of the light, it was really hard for me to believe after how much of a letdown my last attempt was. So for those of you that aren't picking up what I'm putting down, don't get curtains from walmart! I have nothing bad to say about these curtains I purchased on Amazon, and any other window I need curtains for, I will be getting these.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2015
These are hands down the best blackout curtains I have gotten. I have tried several but had to return them because the color didn't match. These make the room significantly darker than the eclipse kids blackout curtains. The difference is like day and night. The color is exactly as pictured and matches my daughters room. The shipping was extremely fast and I am very satisfied with these curtains! (The curtain letting more light through is the eclipse kids)
review image review image review image
on April 15, 2011
I didn't want to spend a ton on getting new curtains for my 6 month old daughter's room, so I decided to get these. They are WONDERFUL! As soon as I opened the package I was excited to feel how soft and smooth the fabric is - definitely feels like I spent a fortune on them. And after I hung them up, I was excited to see that I couldn't see much - it was dark! I haven't even tried naptime yet because I was so excited to write this review. I will probably be buying a set for my own room soon.
review image
on August 22, 2009
I purchased these curtains based on the majority of positive reviews, and because I found the negative reviews to be a bit overly critical and therefore questionable.

Having said that, there is truth to both sides. Yes, they do a fair job of blocking out the light, but I would definitely not say that they block them out anywhere close to 100% or the advertised 99%. I live in an apartment with south-face windows, which means I basically get sunlight throughout all day light hours. I notice that it appears to be 99$ blackout early in the day. However, as the day progresses, more and more light penetrates the curtains, until I can clearly see the silhouette of the window frame through the curtain and the window panes. Having said that, there is no problem at night with blocking out street lights.

I think it comes down to expectations and needs. If you truly need 100% light blockage during the brightest times of day, you will either need to supplement these curtains with another layer, or buy something more "industrial strength". However, I manage to sleep through the midday despite the less-than-perfect blackout provided when the sun is at its peak, so it isn't so much a problem for myself.

The only setup that has ever provided me with perfect blackout (and was constructed in a stepwise, not a rational, planned out fashion) was one set of blinds, covered with a plastic blind, and then a huge, black thick canvas sheet that extended almost half a foot on either side of said window. It was a bit extreme (and very cumbersome to get to opening the windows), but it worked. I was hoping to avoid such a hack job this time around by getting "blackout" curtains, but unfortunately, they do not approach the effectiveness of what I had previously cobbled together.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse