5.0 out of 5 stars This heater is great
Published 16 months ago by m morale

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but there are issues
The only disappointment I have is that on the SUNHEAT website, they imply they are a US company, only the cabinet is made in the US. (at least that's something). The unit itself is from China. Looks nice and works well, I have no complaints.
Published 17 months ago by Brian Parr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This heater is great, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Thermal Wave by SUNHEAT Electronic Infrared Zone Heater with Remote Control and Six Qartz Elements (Misc.)
I recently purchased the SUNHEAT Electronic Infrared Zone Heater. I bought this product for my father who sleeps in a reclining chair at night. He wanted a heater that would warm the air in the room and after using it for less than a day, he said the room felt more comfortable and it was easier for him to relax and sleep. The product works better than expected and it is quieter than I thought it would be. My only complaint, [if you want to call it a complaint], would be that the remote control buttons are difficult to use for someone who has limited strength in their fingers. I definitely would not let this influence my decision in buying another one of these heaters, but it is something to think about if the person using it has limited hand strength, such as someone who is handicapped or is elderly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but there are issues, February 5, 2013
Update: 4/17/2013 - Unit has never been in a damp area, yet the cabinet is starting to delaminate on the top front edge. Also, on the rear where the intake filter screen is located the chassis was not drilled correctly for the assembly screws causing the sheet metal to be rippled. This keeps the screen from fitting correctly. Poor Chinese workmanship.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3-Year Warrenty - Heavy-Duty, February 12, 2013
This Sunheat has a 3-year warranty - if you check with others in the same price range you'll probably find a one year warranty that, in some cases, does not cover labor. It has a wood cabinet - not metal or plastic and nice digital readout. And most important it works great! And will last for years not just one year. I feel Sunheat is not that well known compared to mass advertised brands but it is the best heater for the money. I trust it because - I have oil heat in my home and I refuse to pay around $4.00 per gallon - I heat using two infrared heaters and two radiator heaters in a mild climate in winter of 20 to about 50 degrees - my house is about 1200 sq ft., Over oil heat I save a least $200 per month and I am nice and toasty warm. Their other heater has a 5 year warranty and you can't go wrong with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those cold nights, adds enough heat to staycomfortable, November 11, 2012
When old man winter sets in you can trust this little baby will take the chill out of the air. Ca not go wrong with this truste name on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermal Wave by SUNHEAT is as promised and MORE!, September 29, 2013
It was everything that was promised and more. We've been using it for the last couple of weeks to heat our kitchen area in the a.m. and have been very impressed. We still haven't turned our furnace on and we're going into Oct. Our daughter bought one also with rave reviews for this product. We would definitely recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars I WISH THEY STILL MADE ONE THAT WOULD COME BACK ON AFTER A POWER OUTAGE, BUT STILL GREAT, March 9, 2014
We have owned three sunheat heaters. Every single one of them is still in use. When I needed a new one, I couldn't find one to buy, so I had to buy some Edenpure heaters. I have two of those that don't work and one that does work. The Sunheaters are by far superior. My mother bought one of these and then bought another one just to make sure she always had a back up for her rentals.

However, since they made them super fancy with the electronic control panel, when the power goes out, the machine shuts off and does not turn back on. The old style Sunheat had a switch on the back. We have one of those. When the power goes off and then back on, it automatically turns back on when the power comes back on. I wonder why more companies don't think of or do that.

However, Sunheat is far superior of a product to Edenpure and my favorite heater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermal Wave, March 24, 2013
We are very happy with this heater. It's simple to use, warms the entire room (about 400 square feet,) and the heat is even and very comfortable. I chose it over the other brands because it's from a very old and trusted American Company, and because all of the other reviews were very positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars THERMAL WAVE by SUNHEAT, February 10, 2013
Jeanne Cox (SPRINGFIELD, OR, US) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful addition to our basement, it keeps it warm enough that even our great grandson can play downstairs without getting cold. It also helps with the main floor of the house, the furnace/heat pump is not running as much as before. I would recommend this product for anyone looking for an addtional source of heat for their home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, December 22, 2013
I bought this to heat a 12x12 room while I shut off the furnace for an 8 hour work day. It was in the 20's when I first got it; the unit would turn on, get to temp in about 10-15 minutes, then I wouldn't hear it turn on again and the room stays to temp. On very cold, single digits and below, I will hear it cycle on and off throughout the day, but probably less than 8 times within 8 hours.

After a month of running this, I figured I would get a devastating electric bill. I was VERY surprised to find that my bill was only $10 more than the previous month. I am assuming that by having the furnace off, I am matching the very high power usage of forced hot air, without using the fuel. There could be other factors though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Heater, February 1, 2013
we bought this a few weeks back and its really nice. its very quite ,heats very good .and the wood cabinet looks very nice ,also the power cord is very heavy duty .great heater if you need one , you cant go wrong getting this heater :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›