5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the road warrior
Awesome product! I don't know how I could travel anymore without this. It's a pain to throw your stuff in the dryer and leave the suitcase outside to prevent a bedbug infestation. With this, you drop your suitcase in, turn it on, and it'll be done when its done. Good piece of mind.

Published 9 months ago by Justin

1.0 out of 5 stars I liked it a lot...then it died.
Published 3 months ago by Diana Dypvik

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the road warrior, March 31, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger

The device was really meant for luggage since there are no side supports. You don't want the walls to touch each other or they can potentially fuse together.

Customer Service with them is top notch. I've honestly never had such a good experience as dealing with them.

Tip: put the temperature sensor in the middle of your luggage so you know everything is getting heated up.

1.0 out of 5 stars I liked it a lot...then it died., September 1, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
I bought this because the other alternative company making bed bug killing heaters (Packtite) is way more expensive than Thermalstrike is. It worked (I think) for maybe two weeks at most. Even while it ran though, it was a little defective from the very first day. I loved the peace of mind that it gave me since I could just throw everything in it and run a heat cycle so easily/quickly, but the heat monitering timer that is supposed to turn it off automatically when it's done never worked. My first heat cycle went 13 hours before I contacted the manufacturer and asked what to do. From then on, I tried to be optimistic and just thought of my Ranger as being "quirky", and tried my best to figure out when to turn it off myself each time since it would literally never shut off. After a week and a half or so, it wouldn't run at all. It responds to being plugged in, but when you turn it on nothing happens. I was very careful with it, it stayed in the same spot the whole time I had it, was never even packed away anywhere or moved from it's corner. I also followed all the user manual's guidelines (don't use straps as handles, don't get it went, don't operate while saggy, etc etc) and it still died on me. I'm giving it two stars because it is very easy to operate and because the quick support (manufacturer himself personally emailed me in only a couple hours to answer my question). It was great really, for the week and a half it lasted, and if it had lasted longer it would have gotten more stars, but now I have to go buy a Packtite and have to spend like 900.00 total between the two, which is really a bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like the Ranger!, February 10, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
After a trip from Italy we used it to treat of luggage. There were no signs of bed bugs any of the places that we stayed, but I have heard way to many stories of bed bugs attacking.
It was a very easy to setup right out of the box. It took two of us to load until we figured out that you could lay it on its side while loading (look online for instructional videos). It comes with a protective floor piece to prevent the suitcase wheels from marking up the product. This also makes it easy to inspect.

We ran our luggage on the 4-hour cycle and that was enough to see temperatures around 131F on the included thermometer. The Ranger cooled down relatively quickly and folding it up was easy. I think this would be a great product for a frequent traveler to just stick their suitcase in each time they return from a trip. So the peace of mind was well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend the Ranger to anyone, February 27, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
I actually purchased the unit while on vacation when I became suspicious of some bites at the hotel I was staying. I’ve had this unit about a month and have used it about 3 times. Unlike other brands, there was nothing to put together and it worked out of the box without any problems. I take out my make-up and iPad before treatment and none of my belongings have been damaged from the heat. The design is really great with strong zippers and heavy fabric. The Ranger has clips to fold it up and store away between uses. Because I live in a small studio in Astoria (NY), I'm very thankful for the size. This isn’t a product that I’m going to use every day, but I travel a few times a month and need a solution when I come home. The Ranger actually fits in my suitcase so when I’m not traveling, it doesn’t take up any space. Then when I come home, it’s already there and ready to go. It's perfect for travel and my lifestyle. I've had great customer support with quick responses to questions as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspecting a Hotel Is Worthless, February 17, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
Had no idea that our “All Inclusive” would include complimentary bed bugs. I had done a pretty thorough check of the bed before we unpacked, but apparently I didn’t know where to look because two days later our kids broke out with a dozen bites each and my wife had welts on her face and hands. From what I’ve read, it seems like this problem is becoming more common. The receptionist sent housekeeping to investigate, but they couldn’t find any evidence either. Apparently these things can hide anywhere. We managed to switch rooms after talking to the manager, but what a pain. Our next concern was what to do when we got home to make sure we left the little buggers in Mexico. Bought this product and it was good knowing that nothing would be coming home. We washed some of our dirty clothes in hot water, but left everything else in the suitcases for treatment. The unit worked as advertised and we’ll surely keep using it for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staying Cautious, April 30, 2014
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
This product pays for itself by providing peace-of-mind, confidence, and by saving things from being thrown out. I first found out about bed bugs when my co-worker showed up in tears after her daughter had come home with bites from daycare. She had freaked and threw away all of her blankets and favorite stuffed animals. Since then I’ve been vigilant when traveling to inspect very carefully and have been heat treating my suitcase every time

The bag itself is durable and insulated so it doesn’t heat up the room. Make sure that you let your suitcase cool down as metal handles can stay warm for some time. As others have mentioned, it’s well designed and folds away easily. It’s also fully sealed, so there’s no chance of bed bugs escape. The built-in timer makes it easy to use, it’s been the perfect solution.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe OK, October 18, 2014
V. Pierson (Bluffton, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
I purchased this item even though I never received a reply to two emails asking for more information. It seems to work OK, but the real test will be after my next vacation in November. It will not stand by itself, so is hard to lift loaded luggage into it.
The reason for three stars is that I consider customer support a critical component of the purchase experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is well design., June 17, 2014
Teimuzhen (Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
Very useful tool to protect myself and my family. Put my mind at ease after the treatment. It is easy to store and large enough I put a lot of things inside. The timer is working wonderful. The only thing I suggest here, it could be folded when you do not put enough things inside. If you take enough care, it would not be a big problem for you. The most important thing, it is a wonderful design tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alot better than putting everything through a drier, December 8, 2014
N. Freemyer (Marion, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThermalStrike Ranger
Worked perfectly. Alot better than putting everything through a drier.

ThermalStrike Ranger