4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a good price.
On an extensive search for a suitable and not so flashy gaming mid atx case, this won me over. I purchased this case for $39.99 with free shipping so it was a deal off the bat. It's smaller than my other cases but everything fit perfectly snug with room for CrossFire/SLI.

Pros:
Great simple look.
Four(4) expansion slots for DVD/CD/Blu-ray drives...
Published on June 3, 2010 by B. Ng

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy service on a decent product
Published 2 months ago by Michael McBride

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a good price., June 3, 2010
This review is from: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z No PS Mid Tower Gaming Case (Black) (Personal Computers)

Pros:
Great simple look.
Four(4) expansion slots for DVD/CD/Blu-ray drives.
Mesh drive bay covers
Small window view of the CPU
Expansion(3) slots for up to 120mm fans.
Fairly quiet 120mm rear output fan.
Bottom loaded Power Supply.

Cons:
Only (2) front USB 2.0
Front headphone input jack has a hissing noise.
Only included (3) tool less mounts, each for DVD/CD/bluray drive, floppy, and Hard Drive.
Does not include screws for case fans. *easy fix (Home Depot has "Pan Head Phillips" #10x1/2" (9) for $0.65).
Front intake fan makes a lot of noise(could be just the fan I purchased and installed)
May have an issue if an over sized CPU cooler is installed.

Overall I'm not disappointed. It was easy to install the internal parts with the provided screws. I took my time and finished in approximately two hours.

My Build:
Sony Nec 24x sata DVD drive
Windows 7 64-bit OS

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected. It is perfect!, October 24, 2013
Metsdada (Riverside, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I went to upgrade my PC. Ah... to upgrade, what an experience..... my new motherboard was too big for my old case...it is always something.....So... off I go to get a replacement.

This caught my eye because the price was nice $30, and with Prime, free delivery.

I noticed some reviews on this about poor construction...flimsy, cheap materials. NO WAY... this is perfect! If I were to engineer a case, this is the case I would design. I have had cheap cases before... they wobble because the steel or aluminum is too thin. Not this... it is 'just right'.... makes me think of the 3 bears....it is 'just right'. The case I was replacing was 10 or so years old, and it weighed a ton.... We are only going to put it under a desk, not stand on it! It looks good too.

You need to be careful when you are setting it up. If something does not open, then there is probably a screw holding it together. I can see how you could break the front bezel tabs... you just have to be careful.... look at what you are doing, and do not rush. This holds true for any case.... not just this one. I ended up unscrewing the 4 screws that were attached to what was metal push snaps.... then there were 2 top plastic tabs that needed to be carefully pressed to open the bezel. Upon assembly, I put the screws and the metal snaps back on.. then I was able to push the bezel back and it snapped in place easily.

When opening up a bay for the DVD, again... look at what you are doing and carefully pop out the bay. This was different than I was used to. Normally it is plastic, and there are 2 tabs that you pop out. For this, you need to pry the metal from the inside and then pop out the bay cover. Again, just look at what you need to do before you jump in and break something.

It comes with 3 'quick connect' drive holders. Some comments were made that there are like 8 bays, so there should be more of these holders included in the case. I disagree. A shop that is putting out a lot of systems will like to save assemble time with these thingies..... they work. But, for the casual user.. like me.... your basic screws work absolutely fine. And, yes they include a lot of various size screws with the case.

There is PLENTY of room for whatever you need to put in.

Airflow.... well, the big blue LED fan sits in the back. It is silent. There are air holes all over - and under - this case. The feet on the case are big, so you have about a half inch of space if it is sitting on a hard surface. If you have it on a rug, I would suggest you set it on a hard surface.... then put that on the rug. It does comes with the 1 fan, and you can set up a couple more larger fans if you choose to do that.

The case wires from the front worked well. They appeared to be long enough for any board. For me the attachment area was toward the front of the case, so I had no issues. The wires are clearly marked.

This case does not have a power supply.... so.... be sure to pick a power supply that will provide you with connectors that you will need. Some power supplies have only IDE..Molex connectors, some only have SATA connectors. If you plan to put 1 old drive with a Molex connection and 2 drives with SATA connetions, be sure your power supply will have the proper connectors. Cheap power supplies may not have long cables, or all the connector selections.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, some configuration issues, March 14, 2014
Dave (Everett,Washington State) - See all my reviews
The overall appearance of the case, was what I was looking for, nothing fancy and something that had a clean look and feel. It accommodates up to 6 120mm fans (a bit excessive for the size of the case).

Pros:
Plenty of mounting holes through out the case to make customized modifications to fit any need.
Plenty of air flow (options) for mounting and ducting cooling
Can fit (barely) an
Noctua NH-U12 S for Intel LGA 2011,1156,1155,1150 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/3+,FM1/2 Sockets, U Type, 5 Heatpipe,120mm CPU Cooler Cooling

"Amazon Product Link" (below)

When I mean barely, this is a literal one. (roughly 2 sheets of college ruled notebook paper clearance space left to spare.

The case it'self is good, however there are some designing flaws with the case (depending on your need for cooling and wiring.

CONS:
Case FEET, are composite plastic. Does not remove vibration or noise. (can always replace with or sub with a silicon or soft rubber (sticky) if need be.

The two UPPER case vents and the UPPER rear vent do NOT support standard 120mm Thickness of the fans. You will more than likely have to order all "Low Profile" 120mm fans to get them to fit in the case.

Depending on the Power supply and the "Length" of the PS Wires, you WILL have a hard time getting your secondary voltage lines to the top of your atx board, and having space for the fans as well. (right now my secondary power corded is "stretched over my video card) to just to get to the linkup. So be prepared to buy accessories wire kits and extensions for your power and cooling needs.

I gave it a 4 based off the fact, that I have to now order 4 extremely slim "lower quality fans to fit into the upper section of the case, to accommodate my needs for cooling.

Overall, the product is good and no real complaints, (Other than the above), it suits my needs, but just wanted to point out issues I ran across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, February 11, 2014
For the price this tower is excellent. It looks decent and has fairly good fan locations. The only real issue is cable management. There is no way to hide any cables. For what this case would be used for that isn't a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy service on a decent product, July 15, 2014
This is as very nice case but it has one glaring flaw - they have 4 3.5 in drive bays and only shipped 2 drive rails and they have 4 5.25" bays and only shipped two drive rails. They compound the sin by having no place to buy additional rails. The crappy customer service (absolutely no way to contact them) and the disregard of usage of their case (half the bays are unusable) force the one star rating on an otherwise nice case.

Actually, I misspoke. The situation is worse. They send equipment for 1 hard drive, 1 optical drive and 1 floppy drive. So, instead of being able to use 4 out of the 4 hard drive bays, you can use 1. Out of the 4 5.25 inch bays, you can use 1. But you can, however, use a floppy drive which almost nobody uses anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit hard to fit components in to, February 5, 2014
As mentioned in other reviews, this case is sturdy and at a good price. It does keep my mobo at about 4 degrees cooler than my old case, and the processer at about 10 degrees cooler under stress. This is what I love about it. I also outfitted it with 3 120 mm fans, but couldn't do the fourth because it won't fit.
I had to be "creative" when installing the fans and my liquid cooler in this case. It just didn't fit on the back like it's supposed to, and I had to install it up top and install another fan up top but had to use different holes than the ones I was supposed to. I give myself points for creativity and making it work, but it was very frustrating to figure it out.

The fan placement on the back is just too high and close to the top for anything but a fan to fit. Also, the 2 top fans are too close to the back fan to actually put a back fan and a top fan next to one another unless you buy really thin fans. I didn't know this and didn't buy super thin fans. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, as the liquid cooling system's fit is the problem.

I currently have a front fan, bottom fan and top fan along with my liquid cooling radiator and fan and it's working well. I wish I could have the final fan in there, but there's simply no room to put it.

A bit different design, and this would have been 5 stars due to the temperature drop I received due to the great design of the case for cooling purposes.

The long and short of it, measure your liquid cooling system to see if it'll fit in this case, or be prepared to get creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, February 20, 2014
Pros; Light, Room for a lot of fans, very nice look and low cost not cheaply made.
Cons; No external USB 3.0, not enough tool free drive holders and no way to get more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 10, 2014
Case fit everything, although it was smaller than I expected it to be. I should have actually measured out the sizing info instead of guesstimating. The side window is neat, and also plenty of ventilation and fan space.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality Case, January 17, 2014
This case is very solid, has well finished edges, and lots of interior room. The only thing to watch out for is the power supply location at the bottom, as this does not always play well with the power supply lead length. The hardware included was good, and overall I'm very happy with the quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain case, January 3, 2014
M. Ostria "trance4life" (sometimes here sometimes there) - See all my reviews
There is tons of room in this case but works great for a mini-ATX board also. It would get five stars except it only gives you one hard drive bracket and one media drive bracket. Despite that the installation of all components is effortless and plenty of room to work in as well as plenty of places for additional fans.